Page 7 of 9 ... 56789
    Legend
    06-16-2010, 09:06 PM #61
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Havakasha here is a link to a news story from Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...howdown-obama/

Please pay attention and notice this quote.

"The deal with the White House arranges for the company responsible for the largest manmade environmental disaster in U.S. history to set aside the money in a fund to be administered by lawyer Kenneth Feinberg."

That is a direct quote from a Fox News story that makes it clear that BP is responsible for the largest manmade environmental disaster in US history. I love it when Fox News lets us Americans know where the blame belongs.

John seems to think that President Obama is responsible for this mess. But, I think FOX NEWS puts the blame squarely on BP itself.

This is why it's very important to follow FOX NEWS. They actually get the story right every now and then.
    Oh thanks for that Candleman. Maybe i should start watching Fox news more often. They got it right on affixing responsibility to BP for the spill? Wow maybe John only believes Fox when it affirms his viewpoint. Either that or he follows Beck and Palin even more than Fox. No wonder why he is so full of shit. LOL.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-17-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Legend
    06-16-2010, 09:35 PM #62
    Candleman i just uncovered another LIE by JOHN. He says and i quote "... NO ONE (he actually wrote NOONE but then we know he cant spell) of the main stream media was reporting on the giant plumes underwater"

I just googled CNN and water plumes and guess what came up? A whole bunch of articles and clips on CNN on underwater oil plumes. I know if i google CBS, ABC, MSNBC, etc there is going to be a ton of coverage.

This guy has definitely swallowed way too much oil or something because he stinks to high heaven.

I think and hope he actually meant to say that No one wrote about the plumes in the main stream media before the oil hit the shore.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-17-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    06-17-2010, 09:18 AM #63
    Havakasha, I knew you'd find those facts interesting.

I was just trying to have a little fun with you. I hope you don't mind!

I have started following FOX News online and it's amazing how opinionated it is. But, every now and then, they actually DO report facts. I wanted to point that out when I found one.

This tragic episode in American history doesn't need to be political like JOHN tries to make it out to be. It's a problem caused by ALL of us and our greedy nature to consume more oil than any other people on the planet. That's not political, that's just a fact.

Every single American that drinks water from a plastic throw away bottle is guilty. Every American that drives a vehicle that gets less than 25 miles per gallon is just as guilty. Every American that keeps thier house or workplace below 78 degrees in the summer is just as guilty.

If Americans were more conservative, we could get along with 25% less oil each year and that alone would eliminate our need for off shore drilling. That's my opinion, but I think it's also a fact.

Chuck

Mentor
    06-17-2010, 11:04 AM #64

A Republican is ashamed of making BP pay

Check this out Havakasha.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A leading House Republican accused the White House Thursday of a "$20 billion shakedown" of oil giant BP by requiring the company to establish a huge fund to compensate those hurt by the Gulf Coast oil spill.

Rep. Joe Barton made the assertion at the outset of a House hearing where BP's chief executive officer, Tony Hayward, was appearing for the first time before Congress.

Facing Hayward at the witness table, the Texas Republican congressman said, "I'm ashamed of what happened in the White House" on Wednesday. Barton was referring to the agreement that President Barack Obama announced with BP for establishment of a $20 billion relief fund.

Rep. Ed Markey sharply disagreed with Barton.

Markey said the compensation fund was "not a slush fund, not a shakedown. ... It was the government of the United States working to protect the most vulnerable citizens that we have in our country right now, the residents of the Gulf."

"It's BP's spill," the Massachusetts Democrat said, "but it is America's ocean, and it is America's citizens who are being harmed. ... No, this is not a shakedown of the company."

"This is, in my opinion, the American government working at its best."

Havakasha, I own about 2200 shares of BP. It's my company and I'm ashamed of this spill. I think it was awsome that the United States is holding my company accountable for the unsafe operation of a drilling platform and the damage that has caused to the United States of America. I don't deserve a dividend and I don't deserve any profit from this company for quite some time. It's too bad that the Texan doesn't feel that same way!

Legend
    06-17-2010, 11:41 AM #65
    Yep Candleman i posted an article about this in the politics thread.

Is Mr. Barton suggesting the taxpayer should pay for this mess? If not
    there is only one option, and that is that BP pay for it since they caused it.
    It seems completely reasonable that a fund be established that GUARANTEES THAT THE MONEY WILL BE THERE FOR THE CLEANUP AND TO PAY THE BUSINESSES DAMAGED BY THIS DISASTER.

I am still waiting for John to weigh in on this. Should we expect him to agree
    with wacky Michelle Bachman that this is "a redistribution of wealth"? LOL.

Legend
    06-17-2010, 12:15 PM #66
    Hey Candleman I promised to do my research.LOL
    You know how i caught John trying to squirm his way out of the Beck lie about any other media except Fox showing the Israeli flotilla videos right? Stewart clearly shows that EVERY mainstream media showed Israeli footage of the attack on their men boarding the flotilla. Well, I think i figured out that he and Beck were trying to suggest that the mainstream media was biased against Israel. So i was curious what the Gaza activists thought and what is really interesting is that they are furious at the American mainstream media because they thought they showed BIAS TOWARD ISRAELI. So how do we square this?

Here are a few examples of what the gaza activists reported on US mainstream media bias toward Israel.

"ON JUNE 1, CNN HIGHLIGHTED ISRAELI'S SIDE OF THE FLOTILLA ATTACK, AIRING ISRAELI VIDEO. IT ALSO AIRED THE UN DEPUTY AMBASSADOR SAYING THE PASSENGERS 'ARE NOT PEACE ACTIVISTS. THEY WERE NOT MESSENGERS OF GOODWILL". IT THEN REPORTED THE IDF SAYING THEIR TROOPS "WERE MET WITH PREMEDITATED VIOLENCE, EVIDENT BY THE ACTIVISTS USE OF CLUBS, METAL RODS , AND KNIVES, AS WELL A S THE FIRING OF TWO WEAPONS STOLEN FROM THE SOLDIERS.' ISRAELIS FORCES RESPONDED WITH DEFENSIVE ACTION (FEARING ) THEIR LIVES WERE ENDANGERED, ' AND SEVEN WERE WOUNDED.

"CNN AIRED ISRAELI VIDEO, NOT WHAT ACTIVISTS SHOT THAT SHOWED A TRUE VERSION OF WHAT HAPPENED AND THEN REPORTED THE FOLLOWING:
    A SENIOR ISRAELI MILITARY OFFICIAL, SPEAKING ON CONDITION OF ANONYMITY IN AN ACOOUNT CLEARED BY MILITARY CENSORS, DISPLAYED A BOX CONTAINING SWITCHBLADE KNIVES, SLINGSHOTS WITH METAL BALLS AND BATS HE SAID HAD BEEN CONFISCATED FROM ONE OF THE BOATS. 'THIS WAS NOT SPONTANEOUS', HE SAID. 'THS WAS PLANNED'

Washington Post
    "The Israeli commandos who landed on the deck of the Turkish ferry Mavi Marmara off the coast of the gaza strip early Monday were totally unprepared for what they encoutered: dozens of militants who swarmed around them with knives and iron bars.... We have no sympathy for the motives of the participants in the flotilla-a motley collection that includes European sympathizers with the Palestinian cause, Israeli Arab leaders and Turkish Islamic activists... some with ties to Hamas and al-qaeda.

"In typical New York Times fashion, their editorial suggested that the activists provoked violence, and welcomed when it came.
    THE EDITORIAL ALSO TO REFERRED TO ISRAEL'S VIDEO SUGGESTING ITS FORCES WERE ATTACKED, and that Hamas "seized control of the Gaza Strip in 2007- not its legitimacy ...

Washington Post.
    "Upon touching down, the Israeli commandos, who were equipped with paint guns and pistols, were assaulted with steel poles, knives and pepper spray. VIDEO SHOWED AT LEAST ONE COMMANDO BEING LIFTED UP AND DUMPED FROM THE SHIP'S UPPER DECK TO THE LOWER DECK. SOME COMMANDOS LATER SAID THEY JUMPED IN THE WATER TO ESCAPE BEING BEATEN. THE ISRAELI MILITARY SAID SOME OF THE DEMONSTRATORS FIRED LIVE AMMUNITION. THE ISRAELI OFFICIALS SAID THE ACTIVISTS HAD FIRED TWO
    GUNS STOLEN FROM THE TROOPS."

These are just a few of the articles and video clips that the Gazan activists complained about with
    regard to the American mainstream media. They also pointed out how much fairer the British were in their reporting.

So Candleman my research has shown that Beck lied about the mainstream media not showing the Israeli flotilla videos and in so doing was caught lying by trying to suggest that the main media doesnt cover the Israeli point of view. Clearly from the above quotes one can easily see that isnt true. For gods sake the gaza activist are furious at the American mainstream media. So if Beck and John are upset with the mainstream media and the Gazan activists are upset at the mainstream media i would suggest they probably got it right in the middle. What do you think? Now John who is clearly enamored of Beck and finds it hard to ever admit that one of his heros is flawed has avoided ever admitting that Beck 1. mocked the 11 year daughter of the President in a vile way (within one week of telling Palin, that politicians children should be off limit). 2. that he lied when he pointed to the video playing on his screen and said the mainstream wont play "this". So in conclusion i can clearly say he is a man in deep denial about the truth.
    So there is my report and i hope i have risen to the challenge and proved to you that my research meets your high standards of truth.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-17-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Mentor
    06-17-2010, 12:55 PM #67
    Havakasha, I have never questioned your facts. I don't agree with them sometimes, but, I've always found you to be honest and straightforward.

BECK, LIMBAUGH, and FOX have always had a one sided agenda. That's how they make money. If there weren't foolish people that believed them, they wouldn't make money and they would change how they approach spreading opinions and calling it news.

The so called main stream media has done an excellent job of covering the Gulf Coast Oil Spill from the very beginning. They certainly have done a great job reporting the frustration of the people towards President Obama and BP!

On just one quick note, because I always like pointing out where I sort of disagree with you...... I know you are Jewish and have visited Israel. I for one am not totally supportive of what is happening to the innocents involved in that conflict. Both Israeli and Palestinian people have been getting caught in the crossfire of war for far too long. You'd think religous people would find some way to settle differences other than killing each other.

Mentor
    06-17-2010, 01:53 PM #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Yep Candleman i posted an article about this in the politics thread.

Is Mr. Barton suggesting the taxpayer should pay for this mess? If not
    there is only one option, and that is that BP pay for it since they caused it.
    It seems completely reasonable that a fund be established that GUARANTEES THAT THE MONEY WILL BE THERE FOR THE CLEANUP AND TO PAY THE BUSINESSES DAMAGED BY THIS DISASTER.

I am still waiting for John to weigh in on this. Should we expect him to agree
    with wacky Michelle Bachman that this is "a redistribution of wealth"? LOL.
    The Honorable Mr. Barton is apologizing to a company that isn't based in America....LOL If the President did that, the Right Wingers would be all over his ass. And it looks that Mr. Barton has taken a large chunk of money from the oil industry lately. Seems like he might have his own agenda here and not one that supports the American people. What a douche!

Guru
    06-17-2010, 02:13 PM #69
    Havakasha, you need to get your facts right little buddy.

First of all, nobody except tens of millions of people watch YouTube.

And secondly, JOHN and partial term Former Governor Sarah Palin could suck all the oil out of the Gulf with no help at all.

Geezzzz get it right Havakasha!

Now dumbass why dont you go look at the views of those videos you will notice they barely ever get over thousands. Second it is the internet and SO THAT INCLUDES THE REST OF THE WORLD. Third they put up almost ANY and EVERYTHING, from almost EVERY and ANYONE. So that means anyone that saw the video that thinks it is a story not being told could put it up. It is also not considered NEWS OUTLET.

Now Dumbass if you had even the slightest bit of a honest bone in your body then you would have said havasucker really, YouTube come on.

From that I can see you are no better then Brandon M. was and is. We all have seen what he has done to people that have done business with him. Like I said about him and warned people about him has now come true. Those people learned the hard way and got stung by him. How Ironic it is they are all saying now, yes you were right john.

What was I right about, well I told them he is not honest and if you follow him or get involved with him you will get burned.

I say the same about you candleman you are dishonest and therefore cannot be trusted to be honest in business or anything for that matter.

She would not have to, all she would have to do is do what Bush did FOUR DAYS after (yes that was just FOUR DAYS) hurricane Katrina and sign her name to a piece of paper waving the "Jones Act". That would mean she did not have to do a thing after but just except help that was OFFERED by at least 13 countries. Just doing that would have ment that she would have done a better job then Obama by a factor of 100.

She would not have STOPPED the governor (Bobby Jindal) of the state going to be most effected by the spill from doing what he thinks will keep the oil AWAY from shore. ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES, REALLY ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! How much intelligence do you need to know oil is worse then sand. How much intelligence do you need to know oil is much harder to get rid of then a sand berm that would naturally deteriorate by itself (as a matter of fact common sense is telling me the hardest part would be to keep up with the oceans deterioration of them).

That is because UNLIKE Palin, Obama had NO executive experience.
    That is because UNLIKE Palin, Obama had NO experience in dealing with the oil industry.

Guru
    06-17-2010, 02:36 PM #70
    Havakasha here is a link to a news story from Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...howdown-obama/

Please pay attention and notice this quote.

"The deal with the White House arranges for the company responsible for the largest manmade environmental disaster in U.S. history to set aside the money in a fund to be administered by lawyer Kenneth Feinberg."

That is a direct quote from a Fox News story that makes it clear that BP is responsible for the largest manmade environmental disaster in US history. I love it when Fox News lets us Americans know where the blame belongs.

John seems to think that President Obama is responsible for this mess. But, I think FOX NEWS puts the blame squarely on BP itself.

This is why it's very important to follow FOX NEWS. They actually get the story right every now and then.

Really do you want to get into this. Here is James Carville talking about Obamas incompetence in his handling of this. Ho by the way that is on the HOFFINTON POST and ABC news.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_590000.html

Now do you want me to put up MSNBCs response to Obama, Here I cant help myself:

"MSNBC political talkers dismayed with Obama's Oval Office performance"

"With pundit friends like these, who needs enemies?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201006...ynews_pl2643_2

There is a difference between who is responsible for the leak and what could have been done and should have been done to make sure this did not get as bad as it is.

Do you need me to repost what I said about getting into a car accident and what YOU and I would expect the government to do. Do you expect the person responsible to clean up and fix everything they damaged OR do you expect the local government to take care of it. Who takes you to the hospital if you are injured the guy responsible for it or EMTs???????

You see how stupid and dishonest you are dumbass!!!

Page 7 of 9 ... 56789