Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 83

Thread: Humm, isn't funny how the state effect worse by the oil spill say, DONT STOP DRILLING

  1. #11
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    No what people want the government to do is what the founders wanted them to do. The waters that the deep water oil rigs are in, ARE FEDERAL WATERS. It was the federal governments responsibility to oversee them. Ho yea they did not need more regulations THEY WERE ALL ALREADY THERE. They just needed to enforce those that were ALREADY THERE.

    Lets face facts if this was in shallow waters the leak would have been pluged long ago. The question should be who is it that has stopped us from getting that easy oil??????? Yep you guessed it, the liberials.

    Lets face some other facts, this happen under Obamas appointed people not Bush appointed people. The rig "deepwater Horizon" which failed, was just inspected JUST weeks before the explosion and now leak. It was not Bush appointments that gave that rig waviers that was Obamas appointments that did that. Hey just like if this thing would have happen under Bush this would be his fault. Here so even the dumb twits can get it if Ken Salazar was a Bush appointment then it would be Bushs fault. Now if Ken Salazar was a Bush appointment and then Obama had the chance to reappoint someone else but did not, then it would be both of their faults. Because one would have hired the incompetent jackass and the other kept the incompetent jackass on.

    That is not what happen here though, that incompetent jackass was all Obamas doing.

    As to Candlemans question, you need to look at your history to understand exactly what the founders wanted and tried before, to understand that they had tried to totally limit the federal governments polocy making. The founders found that total anarchy is what followed and almost tore the country apart. So what they did was include certain federal government rights over the states. There should be no one here that can suggest that the federal government has NOT gone way past what the founders wanted them to in control of the people.

  2. #12
    Havakasha is offline
    The new era of personal responsibility brought to you by people like John.

    Lets blame the govt and environmentalists. Never heard of BP or Halliburton. LOL.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_...a/10258612.stm


    Interesting that BP is paying all the damages and all costs.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-07-2010 at 04:04 PM.

  3. #13
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    No dumbass, I expect and have no doubt that BP will pay for the whole clean up and any damage that was caused. I also have no doubt that if BP finds that any sub contractor has any fault in manufacturing the rig that they will go after them in court. That is how the system works.

    Here because you are a dumbass I will give you an example even you can follow:

    If I get into an accident and it was the fault of someone else. I would still expect the emergency response services to come to take care of the emeadit problems. I would not expect the person (responsible for the accident) to take me to the hospital or clean up the street or repair anything.

    Hell Candleman knows this, that in that hard dick state of NC (at least in 1987), The local government will take care of the repair and clean up but then charge the person responsible, for all of that.

    Just like I would expect the government to to everything (to include anything) to protect what it is responsible for and then bill whoever for the cost of it.

    That is not what happen and why people are pissed at Obama and the government for this oil even touching the coast.


    This would have been different if 15 or EVEN 30 days after the leak they saw a shit load of government ships taking on oil booms, hey, oil fiber, to clean up whatever they could, then even if it would have touched the coast people would have figured the spill was just to much and the government could not stop it. THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPEN.

    What happen was we saw the government doing almost nothing and not only did they do almost nothing, but they STOPPED others from doing things that would have helped UP TO 40 DAYS AFTER THE LEAK. That is just outright incompetence and what people are pissed about.

  4. #14
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    It is possible that BP lied to the government about the amount of oil that was leaking into the ocean.

    In the beginning you didn't think this was such a big deal John. I think you said that more oil naturally leaks into the ocean than what was coming from that well. And that was an acceptable thought at the time based on what BP was telling all of us.

    Now, we find out they were misleading us all along. It seems that maybe 10 or 20 times more oil is leaking than they ever admitted in the early stages.

    Due to those false reports, the government didn't respond quickly enough. By the way, I agree that our government STILL isn't doing enough.

    There is a lot of blame on this one. The government deserves it's fair share that is for sure. But, BP could have been more honest very early on and maybe something could have been done to stop the damage from being so bad. But there is a lot to debate about that.

    Someday, we will all learn to be more conservative with our energy use and that will be the ultimate answer to this sort of environmental accident from being avoided in the future.




    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    No dumbass, I expect and have no doubt that BP will pay for the whole clean up and any damage that was caused. I also have no doubt that if BP finds that any sub contractor has any fault in manufacturing the rig that they will go after them in court. That is how the system works.

    Here because you are a dumbass I will give you an example even you can follow:

    If I get into an accident and it was the fault of someone else. I would still expect the emergency response services to come to take care of the emeadit problems. I would not expect the person (responsible for the accident) to take me to the hospital or clean up the street or repair anything.

    Hell Candleman knows this, that in that hard dick state of NC (at least in 1987), The local government will take care of the repair and clean up but then charge the person responsible, for all of that.

    Just like I would expect the government to to everything (to include anything) to protect what it is responsible for and then bill whoever for the cost of it.

    That is not what happen and why people are pissed at Obama and the government for this oil even touching the coast.


    This would have been different if 15 or EVEN 30 days after the leak they saw a shit load of government ships taking on oil booms, hey, oil fiber, to clean up whatever they could, then even if it would have touched the coast people would have figured the spill was just to much and the government could not stop it. THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPEN.

    What happen was we saw the government doing almost nothing and not only did they do almost nothing, but they STOPPED others from doing things that would have helped UP TO 40 DAYS AFTER THE LEAK. That is just outright incompetence and what people are pissed about.

  5. #15
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    It is possible that BP lied to the government about the amount of oil that was leaking into the ocean.

    In the beginning you didn't think this was such a big deal John. I think you said that more oil naturally leaks into the ocean than what was coming from that well. And that was an acceptable thought at the time based on what BP was telling all of us.

    Now, we find out they were misleading us all along. It seems that maybe 10 or 20 times more oil is leaking than they ever admitted in the early stages.

    Due to those false reports, the government didn't respond quickly enough. By the way, I agree that our government STILL isn't doing enough.

    There is a lot of blame on this one. The government deserves it's fair share that is for sure. But, BP could have been more honest very early on and maybe something could have been done to stop the damage from being so bad. But there is a lot to debate about that.

    Someday, we will all learn to be more conservative with our energy use and that will be the ultimate answer to this sort of environmental accident from being avoided in the future.

    Listen candleman, the leak was big, FOX was showing just how big it was just days after. I just figured like most reasonable people did that between BP and the government it was not to big that they could not stop it from hitting the shore line IF THEY ACTED IN A REASONABLE WAY. EVEN 5,000 BARRELS A DAY IS BIG ENOUGH (which is what they were saying in the beginning) to do something to make sure it does not get to shore. The point is if the government (yes Obama) would have acted in a reasonable way this oil would have never seen the shore line much less touched it.

    So the reason I did not think it was a big deal is because I did not think Obama was that incompetent to let it go for 20 days before he got involved (take time away from his parties). Then be so incompetent that he did not take it seriously enough for another 10 to 15 days. What he had to wait before the oil actually touch the shoreline before he figured, Maybe I better get the federal government involved in the clean up efforts.

    Candleman you want to know how incompetent Obama is????? It was 50 days later when he admitted to the fact he had NOT EVEN YET contacted BPs CEO. What does that tell you. I mean my god really, REALLY!!!!! Do you have enough information now to know how incompetent he is. Let me put it this way, I would not have believed that unless I saw it come directly from his own mouth. He is a fricking disgrace.


    Finally I got news for you, take another look at THIS THREAD TITLE. "Humm, isn't funny how the state effect worse by the oil spill say, DONT STOP DRILLING".

    The point is if the government UNDER OBAMAS DIRECTION, BTW, would have been even the least bit competent we would have never even seen oil hit the shore, hell you would have not even been able to see it from the shore line much less touched it.


    What is even better yet I guarantee you that Sarah Palin would have made sure that oil never touch the shore line. We all know she had much more experience then Obama.

  6. #16
    Havakasha is offline
    John as usual you spout Fox news facts which are actually lies, but then whats new. Your a big fan of Glen Beck and i showed you another lie of his and your silence speaks volumes.

  7. #17
    Havakasha is offline
    I posted about the oil spill on April 30th. John was belittling it (comparing it to a single airplane crash) until he figured out he could invent an angle that would involve blaming Obama. What a con artist putz he is.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_552491.html

  8. #18
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post

    The point is if the government UNDER OBAMAS DIRECTION, BTW, would have been even the least bit competent we would have never even seen oil hit the shore, hell you would have not even been able to see it from the shore line much less touched it.


    What is even better yet I guarantee you that Sarah Palin would have made sure that oil never touch the shore line. We all know she had much more experience then Obama.
    You have got to be kidding JOHN. It would not matter one little bit who the President was as far as the envrionmental damage to our Nation goes. The oil is still leaking JOHN. It's leaking at a greater rate even with BP's containment effort, than most people ever thought possible. You are just nuts if you think that any President could have prevented this oil from coming ashore.

    And as for partial term Former Governor Sarah Palin. She's a twit. There is nothing that she could have done any better than is being done now. She's a quitter and I can only guess that she would have quit as soon as somebody started being critical of her. That's been her MO in the past, and there is no reason to think she has changed. As for your guarantee JOHN, you really should consider your words before you say silly things like that.
    Last edited by candleman; 06-12-2010 at 07:33 PM.

  9. #19
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Yes that is correct all parties agree (both democrat and republican), say dont stop drilling for oil off their coast. Yes that includes all the parishes (which are controled by democrats) most effected by the spill and BOTH senators (one republican and one democrat). All agree, DONT STOP THE DRILLING OFF THEIR SHORE. Yes most agree the problem is that the safe guards needed to be there and if those failed then reaction times to clean up need to be way faster and that the federal government failed them on both.

    Any government official no matter whether they are Republican or Democrat that wants to keep drilling in off shore waters of the United States ought to be removed from office in the next election.

    Louisianna officials have no right whatsoever to continue a policy that is so devistating to the United States of America. Those greedy pricks want to take the money from the oil with no regard for the rest of us. Thier oil has fouled beaches and fisheries over 4 states already. Before it's all over this will be the worst environmental accident that ever happened to Florida and Florida doesn't allow off shore drilling.

    It's not funny at all JOHN. It's insane.

  10. #20
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    JOHN,
    Here is a quote from you in another thread that you started about the Gulf oil leak.

    *************************

    There is a basic fact I am trying to get through to you about this leak. That basically compared to all the rest of the oil we get and the leaks that happen this leak is a DROP in the bucket. To be accurate and be on the same comparison then this leak is like a drop in a olympic pool.

    P.S. Did you know that they estimate that over the whole Gulf Coast 200,000 barrels of oil per year NATURALLY leak out of the sea floor and into the ocean. Once again when taken into consideration of the size of the Gulf it is considerd a DROP IN THE BUCKET.

    ********************************

    Do you still believe that this tragedy is just a DROP IN THE BUCKET?

    I've seen a lot of pictures that make it look like it's a lot worse than just a drop in the bucket.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •