Page 1 of 2 12
    Guru
    06-04-2010, 09:29 AM #1

$1Trillion for 20,000 net jobs in May LOL

Go Obama Go! Please Mr. President, stimulate me some more!! Obama will go down as the biggest joke in history.

Legend
    06-07-2010, 12:43 AM #2
    I think you chose to forget the several million jobs that were saved. Par for the course.
    I sure would have loved to have had a chance to see what your solutions would have wrought. I would quess around 11 to 12% unemployment.

Legend
    06-07-2010, 12:46 AM #3
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/37343761

Oh i just remembered you dont believe in the CBO at all.
    You just believe whatever you want to believe.

Guru
    06-07-2010, 08:54 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/37343761

Oh i just remembered you dont believe in the CBO at all.
    You just believe whatever you want to believe.
    I know you are, but what am I? Nanny Nanny boo boo.

Face it; you just don't get it. The CBO is in on it. The corruption and greed you describe in corporate America is nothing to what you'll find in the Government you so dearly believe in. Keep drinking the cool aid. The stimulus is good for America and Americans. It's especially good for my two young kids.

I've stated my solution in the past: stimulate the economy through you and I. We are far more effective than any bureaucratic "program" that ends up with a ton of pork on it. We are 100% effective.

Legend
    06-07-2010, 10:44 AM #5
    "The CBO is in on it". Okkkkaaaaaayyyyyyyyy! Republicans who yell about corrupt and inefficient Govt quote the CBO when they like their results. Interesting huh?
    I believe there is corruption and inefficiency in BOTH Govt and corporate America, but thanks for trying to tell me what i believe. Way more in one than the other? Seems to me its probably equal since human beings run both and tend to be flawed no matter what their work. Im just not a hypocrite like those people who rail about everything Govt and then as soon as the BP oil spill happened screamed about how Govt wasnt doing enough, or who take all that stimulus money for their states and cities as they cry how horrible it is. Beyond laughable.

"stimulate the economy through you and I" Well then what happened in the last years of Bush/Cheney that brought us the 2nd worst recession in our HISTORY? The system went too far in one direction and is going through a correction. It was about time.

There has always been a balance between Govt and free enterprise and there will always be a balance between Govt and free enterprise. Its all a matter of degree. I find this constant denigration of everything Govt just another boring talking point. Sounds good on paper but it is essentially BS.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-07-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Guru
    06-07-2010, 12:10 PM #6

"stimulate the economy through you and I" Well then what happened in the last years of Bush/Cheney that brought us the 2nd worst recession in our HISTORY? The system went too far in one direction and is going through a correction. It was about time.
    Going backwards Havakasha, again. This recession was caused in part by social utopians wanting everybody to have house - whether they deserved it or not, but back to the point.

The government has spent, what, 1 trillion dollars?? I'm saying give that money to us -- the people. Let us control what we spend or save - 100% efficiency. Herein lies my beef with your party. I don't need the government to do it for me. I'm smart enough thank you. If the current administration wants to reinflate the bubble, who better to implement his plan? Our spending creates jobs. Our savings creates liquidity in the banking system. Voila.

But, I am interested in hearing that "fiscal conservatives" are gaining power in the world. It'll happen here too, and that's the best news moving forward.

Legend
    06-07-2010, 12:22 PM #7
    I too support fiscal responsibility. Never been in debt.
    In case you didnt notice they did give the money to states, cities, municipalities, small businesses, and individuals.
    The Republican Party didnt want a stimulus plan, and I am convinced their policies (McCain/Palin) would have led to HIGHER unemployment and a worsening economic crisis. We have to lower the deficit and grow the economy. The choices are difficult. We just disagree about the priorities. I would cut more from the bloated Defense bureacracy (govt and private enterprise corruption and waste) and less from social services.

P.S. The recession was caused by many things. Principally it was an unfettered system out of control, and corporate America was at the center of it driven by the Bush/Cheney ideology.
    Dont forget Bush's very EXPLICIT policy of HOME OWNERSHIP which HE talked about MANY times, and dont forget the banks and the people PUSHING mortgages on people who couldnt afford them.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-07-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Guru
    06-07-2010, 04:53 PM #8
    I too support fiscal responsibility. Never been in debt.
    In case you didnt notice they did give the money to states, cities, municipalities, small businesses, and individuals.
    The Republican Party didnt want a stimulus plan, and I am convinced their policies (McCain/Palin) would have led to HIGHER unemployment and a worsening economic crisis. We have to lower the deficit and grow the economy. The choices are difficult. We just disagree about the priorities. I would cut more from the bloated Defense bureacracy (govt and private enterprise corruption and waste) and less from social services.

P.S. The recession was caused by many things. Principally it was an unfettered system out of control, and corporate America was at the center of it driven by the Bush/Cheney ideology.
    Dont forget Bush's very EXPLICIT policy of HOME OWNERSHIP which HE talked about MANY times, and dont forget the banks and the people PUSHING mortgages on people who couldnt afford them.
    The bank pushed me (and my GF). I said "no". It was fanny and freddy dude. And now the government is owning up to their own failed policy by bailing them out.

Legend
    06-07-2010, 05:00 PM #9
    Like i said there were a bunch of reasons for the recession. Just wanted to make sure you didnt get away with the carnard of saying it was simply freddie and fannie. LOL. Dude you got to stop with the simplistic talking points. Boring.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 06-08-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Guru
    06-09-2010, 01:25 PM #10
    Like i said there were a bunch of reasons for the recession. Just wanted to make sure you didnt get away with the carnard of saying it was simply freddie and fannie. LOL. Dude you got to stop with the simplistic talking points. Boring.
    Talking points? How about grim decisions by social utopians. Live up to it. Bush screwed up going into Iraq. See how easy it is? John so eloquently pointed how the Dem's defended and protected Fannie and Freddie. What's the guy's name, Dodd. The banks you loathe so much for their excessive executive pay made out like bandits while the "government" in the form of Freddie and Fanny got screwed by people who couldn't afford their mortgages -- so we tax payers now paid twice for the social utopions idealism. We made the bankers rich, and now we have to cover for those who foreclosed. What a great system you got there Havakasha!!! Can you say social security??? Heck, we need more federal government programs to protect us against ourselves. They work great!!! LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12