Page 3 of 4 1234
    Enthusiast
    06-11-2010, 07:43 PM #21

Somebody fill me in

What is going on around here (and other sites)? I made my money back (and a little extra) a while back and took a break from SIRI. I'm back in and back to check out the forums and find 3 separate websites run by people who used to work together, but now seem to have tremendous animosity towards one another. A writer appears to have undergone a name chage. Some seem to have disappeared. The forums on all sites are weak due to the users being split into three. Oh well. Why did Tyler change his name? Where are Newmann and Charles? Why does Paratrooper Rick and Demian hate Brandon (although it seems most people who work with Brandon end up hating him)? Where are Relmor and Cos1000? Has everyone gone mad??.....

Edit: I found Relmor, he appears to be an author now one of the competing websites. I must say technical writing doesn't seem to be his forte.
    Last edited by doobz26; 06-11-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Enthusiast
    06-11-2010, 07:49 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    How come there is so little activity on this forum thread? This is the thread that discusses the common stock of SXM, right? Surprising to me esp., with the Russell happening today?
    In SiriusBuzz's heyday there would be a daily thread discussing the stock with hundreds of posts per day. This is pretty bad, 21 posts in a week.

Enthusiast
    06-12-2010, 12:30 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    What is going on around here (and other sites)? I made my money back (and a little extra) a while back and took a break from SIRI. I'm back in and back to check out the forums and find 3 separate websites run by people who used to work together, but now seem to have tremendous animosity towards one another. A writer appears to have undergone a name chage. Some seem to have disappeared. The forums on all sites are weak due to the users being split into three. Oh well. Why did Tyler change his name? Where are Newmann and Charles? Why does Paratrooper Rick and Demian hate Brandon (although it seems most people who work with Brandon end up hating him)? Where are Relmor and Cos1000? Has everyone gone mad??.....

Edit: I found Relmor, he appears to be an author now one of the competing websites. I must say technical writing doesn't seem to be his forte.
    1. Brandon was asked to leave SiriusBuzz under details that, if you care to know are available here in the forums. He recruited Rick, Newman and Demian to go with him. If you want more detail you can email me on that, but I would prefer to keep a circus atmosphere from erupting here. Many people gravitated to the satwaves forums from here.

2. Rick then left Satwaves over disagreements with Brandon.

3. Newman and Demian then left Satwaves for various reasons that they have on their site (www.satelliteradioplayground.com).

4. There used to be a sense of community in satellite radio, but that has all splintered due to manipulative comments, email and private message campaigns, etc. Now people do not know what to think or where to go.

Our policy here is to let people speak, to not pull or censor peoples posts, and to treat people with respect. That is how this site has always operated.

I wrote under a pen name (Tyler Savery) for quite some time. Tyler and Savery are family names. I announced a year ago that I was making the choice to write under my real name, and have been for some time. Brandon Matthews is a pen name. Demian, and Newman are real names.

Cos is at satellite radio playground with Newman and Demian. SiriusBuzz and Satellite Radio playground joined up for the Q1 conf. call coverage. Charles is still here.

That is about it.

06-12-2010, 08:13 AM #24
    In SiriusBuzz's heyday there would be a daily thread discussing the stock with hundreds of posts per day. This is pretty bad, 21 posts in a week.
    Now, it seems most sites are going into live chat rooms during market hours and only posting a little in the threads. I too miss the old days... lol
    Koop

Enthusiast
    06-12-2010, 02:16 PM #25
    Wow. There was yet another website I was unaware of. Crazy. The two (or three) other sites seem to write articles directed at the other site being wrong. That all seems pretty dumb. At least you fellas keep it real here. Keep up the good work.

06-13-2010, 10:34 AM #26
    Wow. There was yet another website I was unaware of. Crazy. The two (or three) other sites seem to write articles directed at the other site being wrong. That all seems pretty dumb. At least you fellas keep it real here. Keep up the good work.

The news blog is especially first rate doobz. Spencer is very professional and keeps all that personal noise between sites out of it and that is much appreciated by me for one. Should be a real interesting next couple weeks. Hopefully, we will get more institutional buys now that we are on the list for the Ressel, but SXM never ceases to amaze me with its price movement...anything I suppose is possible....

06-13-2010, 12:22 PM #27
    Isn't this interesting? SXM at 762 is rated higher then Liberty....

http://ycharts.com/calculations/rank...6&s=rank&d=asc
    Last edited by Boomer; 06-13-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Enthusiast
    06-13-2010, 01:54 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Isn't this interesting? SXM at 762 is rated higher then Liberty....

http://ycharts.com/calculations/rank...6&s=rank&d=asc
    It is ranked higher than a part of Liberty. Liberty itself is much bigger than the subpart (LCAPA)

Liberty is much bigger that just LCAPA

Mentor
    06-13-2010, 03:04 PM #29
    Spencer

Just want to say thank you for all of the great and timely articles you have been putting out there. Us long investors appreciate you getting the word out there for us!

JS

06-13-2010, 03:37 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Osborne View Post
    It is ranked higher than a part of Liberty. Liberty itself is much bigger than the subpart (LCAPA)

Liberty is much bigger that just LCAPA
    Ah ha, I stand corrected...folks do read this thread...lol...thanks for correcting me on this Spencer!

Page 3 of 4 1234