Page 1 of 8 123 ...
    05-16-2010, 09:44 PM #1

Sirius Thread Weeks May 17-May31

Hello Everyone,

Thought maybe we could try the 2 week thing for the Sirius Thread.

Mid point in May already! Summer vacations starting soon.
    Speaking of vacations, (not very obvious, am I) I will be spending 11
    wonderful days at the shore. I am so looking forward
    to this!

Enjoy the week(s)

Julie

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 08:03 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Thought maybe we could try the 2 week thing for the Sirius Thread.

Mid point in May already! Summer vacations starting soon.
    Speaking of vacations, (not very obvious, am I) I will be spending 11
    wonderful days at the shore. I am so looking forward
    to this!

Enjoy the week(s)

Julie
    I think they refer to it as "down the shore"

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 08:04 AM #3

Siri Raises Guidance!

Sirius XM Radio lifts financial targets

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Sirius XM Radio Inc. /quotes/comstock/15*!siri/quotes/nls/siri (SIRI 1.11, +0.04, +3.74%) said Monday it's lifting its 2010 adjusted sale target to $2.75 billion. The satellite radio company now expects net subscriber additions for the full year to be approximately 750,000. The company expects free cash flow for 2010 to exceed $100 million.

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 08:08 AM #4

SIRIUS XM Boosts 2010 Outlook

SIRIUS XM Boosts 2010 Outlook

(RTTNews) - SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) said it now expects fiscal 2010 pro forma adjusted income from operations of around $575 million compared with its earlier estimate of about $550 million.

Also, the company currently anticipates fiscal 2010 pro forma revenue to be about $2.75 billion versus its prior estimate of $2.7 billion. On average, 8 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expect revenues of $2.78 billion for the quarter. Analysts' estimate typically excludes one-time items.

Additionally, the company now expects net subscriber additions for the full year to be around 750,000 compared with its previous estimate of over 500 thousand for the full year.

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 08:13 AM #5

Where did Jimmy find this guy Fuchs?? (lol)

Sirius XM Stock: Survey Says 'Buy Buy Buy'
    By Andrea Tse 05/15/10 - 08:00 AM EDT

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- This week we asked TheStreet readers whether they had a buy, sell or hold view on Sirius XM (SIRI) stock, in light of the mixed analysts reports that came out after the company's first-quarter earnings call.

Which analyst view of Sirius XM do you agree with the most?," we asked. Out of more than 2,500 votes, 76.8% went for the buy rating, 18.3% went for the hold rating and a mere 4.8% went to the sell rating.

In light of this, we went back to some of the analysts who cover Sirius XM for their reactions on the results.

"That's an interesting outcome, but not altogether surprising," John Hain of Barrington Research said of the poll results. "Sirius XM has a bit of a reputation as being a 'retail darling.' That is to say, retail investors love it."
    Still, Hain thinks that at this point in time, it's important for the company to win back favor from institutional investors, many of whom started distancing themselves from Sirius XM stock when its shares slid in 2008 and 2009.

Hain thinks that institutional investors should give the stock another chance.
    "Since then, the company has reoriented itself as a growth story," Hain said, citing the increasing growth of subscribers and rising revenues and cash flow, all which have led to an improving balance sheet.

"Importantly, the recent, upsized debt offering implies that the company can once again access the debt market in a timely fashion and, perhaps more importantly, at favorable rates. This should lower its cost of debt capital going forward and, all other things being equal, improve returns to shareholders."

One of the more bearish of Sirius XM analysts is Marek Fuchs, author of A Cold-Blooded Business and a contributor to TheStreet. Fuchs cautions that when the public is overwhelmingly positive about a stock, there's only one way for the sentiment to go: "down."

Fuchs also warns of investors becoming blinded to the company's problems once they become fans of Sirius XM -- and Sirius XM has clearly built itself quite a fan base -- like how signing radio personalities like Howard Stern for blockbuster contracts makes for good radio, but bad profits, "or how, right now, they are caught between a rock and a hard place. They need to re-sign Howard, whose contract is up, but can't afford it."

-- and this has been part of their problem and challenge from the day they signed Howard Stern -- has an emotional hold on a certain fan base. But guess what? Emotion and investing do not go hand in hand," Fuchs asserted.

Fuchs and BGB Securities analyst Murray Arenson's views appear like night and day. After listening in on Sirius XM's earnings call, Arenson, who has a buy recommendation for the stock, lifted his price target to $1.35 from $1.15.

"I like the stock and that strong public favorable sentiment from investors probably also reflects their outlook for auto sales trends," Arenson said. "My recommendation also incorporates a longer-term view, looking at an expanding market -- which includes pre-owned vehicles -- strong conversion rates, compelling content, and ongoing improvements to operational efficiencies."

-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 08:24 AM #6

Marek Fuchs

I think Jimmy Cramer has an invisible little friend . . . his name is Marek Fuchs!

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 08:28 AM #7

Hmmmm

I don't know if Marek Fuchs is married . . . but assuming for the sake of argument that he is, lets suppose that his wife's name is Susan.

Imagine getting paged a restaurant . . . "Susan Fuchs . . . paging Susan Fuchs"

Naaaah, couldn't be . . . Jimmy musta made the guy up.

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 08:36 AM #8

Russell Rebalancing

Delisting Fears - Put to Bed

Reverse Split Fears - Put to Bed

Won't make Russell Rebalancing Fears - Now put to Bed

Next up - Howard Stern . . . that's all the MSM & thestreet.con's got left

Guru
    05-17-2010, 09:00 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Delisting Fears - Put to Bed

Reverse Split Fears - Put to Bed

Won't make Russell Rebalancing Fears - Now put to Bed

Next up - Howard Stern . . . that's all the MSM & thestreet.con's got left
    What a nice way to start the week!!

Legend
    05-17-2010, 11:20 AM #10
    Yep, all good. And then there is GM news.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/bu...to.html?src=mv

Page 1 of 8 123 ...