Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Cheapest way to listen at home?

  1. #1
    am_dew is offline
    Junior Member
    am_dew's Avatar
    Joined: May 2010 Posts: 3

    Cheapest way to listen at home?

    First time poster, long time Sirius subscriber...

    I have an old XACT XTR8CK unit plugged into my home stereo but it has been giving me some problems recently so I am looking to replace it as cheaply as possible. I don't need anything fancy, just a basic Sirius receiver which has audio outputs (not just an FM transmitter) and can be plugged into a 120v wall outlet.

    I do use the FM transmitter to be able to listen in other rooms where I have FM radios. I have heard that the FM transmitter on the XACT XTR8CK I have is overpowered and the new units have significantly less FM range. Is this true and if so, how much less range?

    What is my best and cheapest option not including listening over the internet with your PC plugged into the stereo?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,463
    Why not use the net? Simply because its not feasible with the location of your computer? Just curious. I wish Sirius XM would find a way to bring their content into the home using devices other then PC's.

    Otherwise... sorry, I dont have an answer. If cheap is what you are after I would simply look at the available units and sort them by price. Its not like there are so many that it would be a time consuming exercise.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  3. #3
    am_dew is offline
    Junior Member
    am_dew's Avatar
    Joined: May 2010 Posts: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Why not use the net? Simply because its not feasible with the location of your computer? Just curious. I wish Sirius XM would find a way to bring their content into the home using devices other then PC's.
    I like to listen in other rooms besides where my PC and stereo is located...living room and kitchen.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Otherwise... sorry, I dont have an answer. If cheap is what you are after I would simply look at the available units and sort them by price. Its not like there are so many that it would be a time consuming exercise.
    That's what I will do...thanks.

  4. #4
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,463
    It's certainly not the cheapest but if you want to listen to sirius xm in every room of your house maybe you should consider sonos?

    http://www.sonos.com/
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  5. #5
    am_dew is offline
    Junior Member
    am_dew's Avatar
    Joined: May 2010 Posts: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It's certainly not the cheapest but if you want to listen to sirius xm in every room of your house maybe you should consider sonos?

    http://www.sonos.com/
    Thanks again but Sonos is way overkill for my needs. I found some XACT Replays on eBay so I am considering just buying another of those...this way I can just "plug and play" after activating the new radio with Sirius.

  6. Ad Fairy Senior Member

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •