Page 2 of 8 1234 ...
    Guru
    05-17-2010, 11:50 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Yep, all good. And then there is GM news.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/bu...to.html?src=mv
    Not good enough. The bears are running, and TCK is getting slammed again. It's not for me to understand I suppose.

SIRI would be further up if the market were remotely bullish. Who would have known the EU could screw things up?

Legend
    05-17-2010, 11:59 AM #12
    It was a perfect day for Mel's announcement because otherwise Siri would have been dragged down by the overall market. Lets see how it closes on a down market day.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-17-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-17-2010, 01:29 PM #13
    SIRI is looking very good today. Up almost 2% while the rest of the market is looking pretty red.

Excellent GM sales report and Mel's guidance seem be very positive for us!

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-17-2010, 01:54 PM #14
    Got to bump this thread. A lot of good information here from RoadKill.

Guru
    05-17-2010, 03:50 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Got to bump this thread. A lot of good information here from RoadKill.
    You go bumping my friend.

See that open? Gapped it up to $1.13 on to watch it slide back down. Too many traders taking that freebee.

What is the key date? May 25? Have to be over a buck to get back in on the Russell rebalance.

Guru
    05-17-2010, 04:31 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Thought maybe we could try the 2 week thing for the Sirius Thread.

Mid point in May already! Summer vacations starting soon.
    Speaking of vacations, (not very obvious, am I) I will be spending 11
    wonderful days at the shore. I am so looking forward
    to this!

Enjoy the week(s)

Julie

Well it is about dam time you started a new thread I know we all can but it much better when you do it. So we were all waiting. I see you changed it this time to encompass 2 weeks.

Guru
    05-17-2010, 04:49 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Sirius XM Stock: Survey Says 'Buy Buy Buy'
    By Andrea Tse 05/15/10 - 08:00 AM EDT

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- This week we asked TheStreet readers whether they had a buy, sell or hold view on Sirius XM (SIRI) stock, in light of the mixed analysts reports that came out after the company's first-quarter earnings call.

Which analyst view of Sirius XM do you agree with the most?," we asked. Out of more than 2,500 votes, 76.8% went for the buy rating, 18.3% went for the hold rating and a mere 4.8% went to the sell rating.

In light of this, we went back to some of the analysts who cover Sirius XM for their reactions on the results.

"That's an interesting outcome, but not altogether surprising," John Hain of Barrington Research said of the poll results. "Sirius XM has a bit of a reputation as being a 'retail darling.' That is to say, retail investors love it."
    Still, Hain thinks that at this point in time, it's important for the company to win back favor from institutional investors, many of whom started distancing themselves from Sirius XM stock when its shares slid in 2008 and 2009.

Hain thinks that institutional investors should give the stock another chance.
    "Since then, the company has reoriented itself as a growth story," Hain said, citing the increasing growth of subscribers and rising revenues and cash flow, all which have led to an improving balance sheet.

"Importantly, the recent, upsized debt offering implies that the company can once again access the debt market in a timely fashion and, perhaps more importantly, at favorable rates. This should lower its cost of debt capital going forward and, all other things being equal, improve returns to shareholders."

One of the more bearish of Sirius XM analysts is Marek Fuchs, author of A Cold-Blooded Business and a contributor to TheStreet. Fuchs cautions that when the public is overwhelmingly positive about a stock, there's only one way for the sentiment to go: "down."

Fuchs also warns of investors becoming blinded to the company's problems once they become fans of Sirius XM -- and Sirius XM has clearly built itself quite a fan base -- like how signing radio personalities like Howard Stern for blockbuster contracts makes for good radio, but bad profits, "or how, right now, they are caught between a rock and a hard place. They need to re-sign Howard, whose contract is up, but can't afford it."

-- and this has been part of their problem and challenge from the day they signed Howard Stern -- has an emotional hold on a certain fan base. But guess what? Emotion and investing do not go hand in hand," Fuchs asserted.

Fuchs and BGB Securities analyst Murray Arenson's views appear like night and day. After listening in on Sirius XM's earnings call, Arenson, who has a buy recommendation for the stock, lifted his price target to $1.35 from $1.15.

"I like the stock and that strong public favorable sentiment from investors probably also reflects their outlook for auto sales trends," Arenson said. "My recommendation also incorporates a longer-term view, looking at an expanding market -- which includes pre-owned vehicles -- strong conversion rates, compelling content, and ongoing improvements to operational efficiencies."

-- Reported by Andrea Tse in New York

He is a twit. Like I said, I find it amazing how he says they could not afford Stern when they have NOW 9.5 million (Sirus by itself). Yet they seem to make due when they first hired him with only 1 million subs (once again Sirus by itself). Like I said ether he is worth keeping or he is not that is what will make up SIRIXM (Mels) mind on this. If they decide to keep him at whatever price then they think he is worth it and if they let him go then they felt him not to be worth it. It is as simple as that but you can be sure Mel will make sure SIRIXM will be the better for it which ever way it turns out.

If you ask me this guy has way to many short/put plays on this stock and he is still hoping to get out at a less of a loss then before.

I just love how they used to say the investors in SIRIXM where overly in love with the stock. I think it could be said that people like Fuchs are overly in hate with the stock. They used to say that our outlook was way to optimumistic. I think it can now be said that people like Fuch are overly pessimistic. It is like they are throwing everything at the wall to see if anything sticks at this point.

Enthusiast
    05-17-2010, 08:27 PM #18

SiriusBuzz Radio - New Night

Hello everyone. I have a scheduling conflict for the next 8 weeks. because of this I have moved SiriusBuzz Radio to Tuesday Nights at 9:00 PM. Join us on the show!

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 10:35 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    What is the key date? May 25? Have to be over a buck to get back in on the Russell rebalance.
    SL . . . it needs to close at or above $1.00 on May 28 . . .

That is the magical date because Monday is Memorial Day and all of the Ivy League pickpockets that are the pit bosses on Wall Street need to have Monday off so they can placate their miserable trophy wives by taking them down the shore for a backyard barbeque and to shoot off illegal fireworks.

They're pretty easy to spot . . guys will be wearing Tommy Bahama shirt, knee-length bermuda shorts, leather dress shoes (no socks), moussed-back hair or totally shaved head, cigar . . . driving Hummer

Wives are easy to spot too . . . boob-job, nose-job, loud and obnoxious.

They are a pestilence that returns every summer. I detest their ilk .

Mentor
    05-17-2010, 10:41 PM #20

Fyi

BTW . .. this Friday is Options Expirations so don't get spooked by any crazy price moves.

http://www.cboe.com/AboutCBOE/xcal2010.pdf

Page 2 of 8 1234 ...