Page 6 of 10 ... 45678 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-24-2010, 08:07 PM #51
    Jeff,
    That is a very good question. LOL

I first bought QASP last year at 4 or 5 cents. At that time my DD led me to think it was worth twice that. But, then the dillution hit......

If they don't dilute anymore....I think the company might be well worth 25 cents a share within 6 months to 2 years. I know that sounds nuts, but I look at it like this.

They will be 3 to 400 million in debt. But, it will be a mine clearing company, a flight school for helicopters, jets, and props, an aviation repair company, a helicopter parts supply company, and a small jet manufacturing company.

That's a lot of things that they have going on.

So, with that in mind, here is my plan. I will let go of one third of my holdings around 3 cents. That will leave me with two thirds of my stock totally free. I plan on holding that for at least a dime and then I'll take another close look and see if a quarter a share is possible.

I don't want to sell too early. I bought more than a 110K shares of SIRI around 13 cents. And then let them go around 35 cents. That was a great deal. But, if I would have held on to those, I would have tripled those earnings. I don't want to make that same mistake again. I still own a ton of SIRI that I averaged down to around 50 cents. I don't need that money, so I'll just hold on for a few years on that one.

With all that being said...... If you just want to get out of QASP, I think holding for 2 cents would be worth the wait. I think we'll see that within a month if not a whole lot sooner. The next 48 hours will be very interesting on this stock.

One more thing... We should all meet up at Andy's for shrimp someday!!!!!

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Chuck

Where are you planning to jump off the QASP bandwagon! I'm in for 670k shares at .0085.

I believe that it could run through the CC with this news and then probably settle back some! Any thoughts!!!

If it hits .015+...I'll probably hyperventilate and sell anywhere north of there!

Jeff

05-24-2010, 08:44 PM #52
    Hahaha....been over on the shrub pouring over all the posts since the PR....tomorrow should be interesting. I will be on a business trip to Haines for the next 2 days and hope I have Internet access to see how this plays out.

Yeah I first bought in at the .03 and .04 levels....so need to start thinking about an exit strategy for at least my initial investment.

Would definatley welcome you all up here in Alaska!!!! Shrimp is on me!!!!!

Mentor
    05-24-2010, 09:19 PM #53
    Chuck

Thanks for the respone. I hear what you are saying about the 6 companies and all...but 3-400M in debt...without any substantial proven sales at this time(900M minesweepers...only pipe dream at this time) and Pink sheet auditing...just not sold 100%...If I could just stick this cash away for 2-3 years...may be a fantastic return...just can't hold that long...

Been holding SIRI for almost 2 years now...got significant amount of cash tied up with it as well...Plan to hold it for another 1-2 years...unless...of course I sell it...hahaha

Shrimp is on Andy!
    Beer is on Me!

Here's to a QASP rocket ride beginning tomorrow!

JEFF

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Jeff,

I first bought QASP last year at 4 or 5 cents. At that time my DD led me to think it was worth twice that. But, then the dillution hit......

If they don't dilute anymore....I think the company might be well worth 25 cents a share within 6 months to 2 years. I know that sounds nuts, but I look at it like this.

They will be 3 to 400 million in debt. But, it will be a mine clearing company, a flight school for helicopters, jets, and props, an aviation repair company, a helicopter parts supply company, and a small jet manufacturing company.

So, with that in mind, here is my plan. I will let go of one third of my holdings around 3 cents. That will leave me with two thirds of my stock totally free. I plan on holding that for at least a dime and then I'll take another close look and see if a quarter a share is possible.

I don't want to sell too early. I bought more than a 110K shares of SIRI around 13 cents. And then let them go around 35 cents. That was a great deal. But, if I would have held on to those, I would have tripled those earnings. I don't want to make that same mistake again. I still own a ton of SIRI that I averaged down to around 50 cents. I don't need that money, so I'll just hold on for a few years on that one.

With all that being said...... If you just want to get out of QASP, I think holding for 2 cents would be worth the wait. I think we'll see that within a month if not a whole lot sooner. The next 48 hours will be very interesting on this stock.

Chuck

Mentor
    05-25-2010, 08:41 AM #54
    Jeff,

I went out for a 25 mile bike ride this morning along the ocean to enjoy the sunrise and do some pondering on QASP. It's funny, I sit in an office most of the day working, but I get my best thinking done in the morning while I'm out pedaling.

And then I came back and read up the Shrub postings for awhile.

I decided this plan of attack on QASP.

I think we'll see a spike this morning that should peak by early afternoon. I set a sell on 500K shares for .0149. If it gets that high, I'll be happy with the sale and take some profit. But, I'll reinvest before the close. I think we may see as high as .015 today on the news, but we will probably drop back below a penny pretty quickly.

The overall market is set for a good sized drop this morning on more bad news in Europe. The dollar is rising and oil is falling. So, these things really make it hard to figure anything out real clearly. Some people like me think the big boards have topped out and have taken profit already. Those investors might look to take small positions in pennyland for a short while. If that happens QASP will look very pretty to some of them and that could throw my entire plan off. It's going to be a very interesting week in the real world and in pennyland!

And watch SIRI today. It sounds crucial that we stay above a buck this week in order to make the Russel rebalance. But in premarket today, we're around 97 cents. Ah yes, a very interesting week!

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Chuck

Thanks for the respone. I hear what you are saying about the 6 companies and all...but 3-400M in debt...without any substantial proven sales at this time(900M minesweepers...only pipe dream at this time) and Pink sheet auditing...just not sold 100%...If I could just stick this cash away for 2-3 years...may be a fantastic return...just can't hold that long...

Been holding SIRI for almost 2 years now...got significant amount of cash tied up with it as well...Plan to hold it for another 1-2 years...unless...of course I sell it...hahaha

Shrimp is on Andy!
    Beer is on Me!

Here's to a QASP rocket ride beginning tomorrow!

JEFF

Mentor
    05-25-2010, 08:46 AM #55
    Jeff,

Chuck
    Alright! QASP Talk, my favorite subject ... - Funny Chuck, I still have my
    .13's in SIRI even though I have sold off half of my overall shares ... They're kind of like little trophies that remind me of how astute I was\am as young investor\trader ...

Like the blue dog, there has been much pain associated for most of us, I bought in way too high as well. (Before I forget, the CC will be Thursday this week, instead of Wed. I think Dean is in London ...)

The buy back is still 'in play' so this could change matters pretty significantly and finding out where some of these diluted shares are tied could alter things as well. Not to forget that most of the acquisitions are supposed to be profitable right from the get go, the piling in that could ensue from the shrubbettes and anything else truly newsworthy (Mineseeker, established, contracts, etc.) ... I am a lousy prognosticator but even using KATX as a comparison it has moved up to it's present level purely on expectations alone - There isn't even a certainty that the drilling has started yet and will be some time for samples to be analyzed ...

We may have some trouble moving up due to past credibility issues with unfulfilled PR's\time-lines delayed\missed. It will be interesting to see how forgiving people are with this latest bit of news. I am really most interested in hearing the names of the 'cornerstone' of the company - The first 4 acquisitions, those should give us an idea of how this all fits together, where the synergies are ...

I am bouncing around here a bit, but another factor - The shares that will feed employee benefit plans and of course the size of the acquisitions and number of employees, a big unknown there. There may be some truth to the speculation that despite the dilution, that all these shares have not hit the float - It does seem remarkable that the SP has not hit triple zeros in light of everything.

All that to say, I don't think you are nuts at all Chuck but I wouldn't be surprised to see this take on a life of it's own in very short order. Lastly, I don't think we can underestimate the power of the shrub, despite it's shortcomings and abundance of children with notorious grammar skills ... There are some sharp minds that move through there and I have picked up on some of that intelligence, followed them around, rode their coattails so to speak. Even good ol Dean is quite aware of "Some of the idiots on iHub"!
    My observation is that it is utilized by many, even the often over-hyped "smart money" - If anything it is a huge networking avenue with tentacles reaching out to just about anything imaginable - "A lot of eyes" on these plays is probably a lot truer than the cliché' suggests.

What has been reaching my ears tooling about the various boards is the number of traders\investors that usually don't come down into our little psychotic world. But with the big boards suffering, it appears they're looking to 'us' to get their fix ...

Good grief, listen to me, I am becoming the penny guru ... at least an understudy.

What can I say, I am starting to get a better feel down here ... now if I could just unload some of the training dogs that I am no longer in need of ...

Mentor
    05-25-2010, 08:51 AM #56
    Jeff,

I went out for a 25 mile bike ride this morning along the ocean to enjoy the sunrise and do some pondering on QASP. It's funny, I sit in an office most of the day working, but I get my best thinking done in the morning while I'm out pedaling.

And then I came back and read up the Shrub postings for awhile.

I decided this plan of attack on QASP.

I think we'll see a spike this morning that should peak by early afternoon. I set a sell on 500K shares for .0149. If it gets that high, I'll be happy with the sale and take some profit. But, I'll reinvest before the close. I think we may see as high as .015 today on the news, but we will probably drop back below a penny pretty quickly.

The overall market is set for a good sized drop this morning on more bad news in Europe. The dollar is rising and oil is falling. So, these things really make it hard to figure anything out real clearly. Some people like me think the big boards have topped out and have taken profit already. Those investors might look to take small positions in pennyland for a short while. If that happens QASP will look very pretty to some of them and that could throw my entire plan off. It's going to be a very interesting week in the real world and in pennyland!

And watch SIRI today. It sounds crucial that we stay above a buck this week in order to make the Russel rebalance. But in premarket today, we're around 97 cents. Ah yes, a very interesting week!

Chuck

Those investors might look to take small positions in pennyland for a short while. If that happens QASP will look very pretty to some of them and that could throw my entire plan off. It's going to be a very interesting week in the real world and in pennyland!

Didn't see this Chuck as I was so enamored in writing my own rhetoric ...

But again, have been hearing this already over the last couple of weeks.

An interesting week indeed!

The rebalance is set for the 28th, isn't it?

Mentor
    05-25-2010, 08:52 AM #57

Ocnf

With all the talk of QASP, I think we might be forgetting some of our other REALLY BAD investments.....

Does anyone have any strong feelings or ideas about OCNF? I'm down 60% on this one and I really can't tell why. It seems like a good company. The industry is down overall, but it's not down that much!

OCNF is trading at around 50 cents these days. I'm wondering if this is a bottom and maybe time to load the boat so to speak...LOL

Mentor
    05-25-2010, 08:55 AM #58
    Spencer did a good story on this yesterday I think.

I think it is Thursday and we have to close at a dollar that day. The actual rebalance takes place in June, but Thursday is the crucial day for getting in.

I'd like to point out that Spencer Osbourne has been doing a really SUPER job of writing stories about SIRI lately. It's great to have his opinions available to all of us again.

I'm heading in to work, I'll check back in shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Those investors might look to take small positions in pennyland for a short while. If that happens QASP will look very pretty to some of them and that could throw my entire plan off. It's going to be a very interesting week in the real world and in pennyland!

Didn't see this Chuck as I was so enamored in writing my own rhetoric ...

But again, have been hearing this already over the last couple of weeks.

An interesting week indeed!

The rebalance is set for the 28th, isn't it?

Guru
    05-25-2010, 09:32 AM #59
    The bell just rang. Let the slaughter begin. If you're not already short, there's time. The sky is falling.

Mentor
    05-25-2010, 09:50 AM #60
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    The bell just rang. Let the slaughter begin. If you're not already short, there's time. The sky is falling.
    hhahaha, Is that Little Ben that hear in the background...

We seem to be making a bounce off the bottom at the moment.

Page 6 of 10 ... 45678 ...