Hi LosTib!

Weather is beeeuutifulll here is Michigan! Sunshine, blue
    skies, 80 degrees. If I close my eyes I almost think I am
    in California.

Julie

Mentor
    05-19-2010, 10:50 PM #22
    Chuck, Andy, LT, and Sweet Julietoo

Chuck...thanks for the CC update! Definetly feel better about my 670k shares. WOW...looks like June 30th has now been set as a drop dead closing date. Mineseekers 900M thats F...ing unbelievable! BTW...definately do not support John's boycott of the candlemans businesses!!! hahahaha...roflmao!

have a little dry powder...may try to pick up another 100-200k shares tomorrow!

Andy...did you survive the winter? Still WAITING ON PICTURES!!!!! hahaha

LT...hope things are going well!

Sweet Julietoo...Where are you going for vacation! Better be somewhere warm!!! Thanks for putting up with us for so long!! LOL

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Andy,
    Here is a little clearer description of the conference call from QASP today. I lifted this from another site.

CONFERENCE CALL SUMMARY:

$900 million in revenues from Mineseeker from ONE contract in Croatia alone! Huge potential for many more contracts. Presenting to UN first week of June.

Absolutely NO R/S

$50 million bridge loan closing very shortly

$350 million funding closing very shortly; eliminated the middle men in Chicago and is dealing directly with the bondbrokers in London. In constant daily contact until funding closes. Bonds are fully subscribed so funding is definitely imminent.

$200-250 million revenue from brand new helicopter parts (they will have the corner on the world market for these parts)

Buyback will continue shortly

Insiders haven't sold a single share and are continuing to buy

Stock price is at ridiculously low prices and Dean is using every dime he gets to buy shares

All 6 acquisitions will close before June 30

Auditors arrive tomorrow. Audited financials will be released as amended financials in June.

Tiger Fish has meeting scheduled with Beechcraft, for RAPT on King Airs aircraft.

Indian flight school students will be cleared by the state dept. after financials amended.

New WEEKLY update every Wed at 4:00 Eastern time

Mentor
    05-19-2010, 10:54 PM #23
    Dr Dave/Chuck/anyone

Market is really making me nervous...thinking about taking some off the table and purchasing some real estate...any thoughts? Maybe a couple of rentals, or just a couple of lots!

Jeff

Mentor
    05-19-2010, 11:02 PM #24
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Hi LosTib!

Weather is beeeuutifulll here is Michigan! Sunshine, blue
    skies, 80 degrees. If I close my eyes I almost think I am
    in California.

Julie
    Now explain that one ... Nicer weather in Michigan than Cali?

We have been getting this really ... wimpy, threat of rain for a couple of days now, it's just kind of gloomy, not cold ... just very odd. Not to worry, we will be sniveling about the heat before too long!

Mentor
    05-19-2010, 11:05 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Chuck, Andy, LT, and Sweet Julietoo

Chuck...thanks for the CC update! Definetly feel better about my 670k shares. WOW...looks like June 30th has now been set as a drop dead closing date. Mineseekers 900M thats F...ing unbelievable! BTW...definately do not support John's boycott of the candlemans businesses!!! hahahaha...roflmao!

have a little dry powder...may try to pick up another 100-200k shares tomorrow!

Andy...did you survive the winter? Still WAITING ON PICTURES!!!!! hahaha

LT...hope things are going well!

Sweet Julietoo...Where are you going for vacation! Better be somewhere warm!!! Thanks for putting up with us for so long!! LOL

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff! Well enough ...
    Hey, I do have more shares than someone! lol!
    Good to hear from you Jeff ...

Some guys on the shrub got the QASP CC up if anyone missed it earlier -

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=50375349

Mentor
    05-19-2010, 11:42 PM #26
    Julie

Family doing better...I think!! making some progress...but the road is long and winding!

have a great time in Jersey!

Jeff

Mentor
    05-20-2010, 05:12 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Nice lift there ... from the shrub?

I got in on the call and it started out almost a disaster, with Dean threatening to call it quits ... He didn't realize he needed to mute the call on his end for a bit and we could hear a baby crying in the background, besides other people chiming in ... Someone came in and told him which button to push and he muttered "Sorry folks, technically challenged". After that all the noise stopped and it was far clearer ..

Missing from this summary - One of the guys on the shrub had compiled a list of questions and I was very pleased to hear that Dean responded to a concern\suggestion that I had voiced, as well as others about his PR's - He frankly admitted that he thought he was clever and had made a mistake, that he thought he was helping save the company money doing them on his own. He is handing this over now and will be hiring a professional PR firm.

The other big whopper was at the end when he called out "some of the idiots on ihub", namely samplescave (The resident basher) - It was unbelievable! He challenged him to go ahead and sue him, but didn't think he had the cajoles to do so and went further by challenging him to put up 10K against his 10K that the 6 acquisitions would be closed before the end of June. 10k to samples if he was wrong and samples 10K donated to the Red Cross if he was right.

The guy is just blunt, a bit sassy, old school ... I just can't but help love the guy - No BS. It was the best CC I have ever listened to ... had me cracking up the rest of the afternoon.

Andy, I picked up another 130K yesterday @ .07 - I'll never catch you guy's but ... Hang in there man, we are going to be alright.

Was the conference call after market hours? Interesting to see what tomorrow holds. Clay does some decent TA, and I noticed he bought on the low point on the 12th. All I saw was heavy down days on really high volume, but he thought the candle for that day was capitulation, and I guess put in a buy with a tight stop loss. Hopefully, it'll explode for you guys.

Mentor
    05-20-2010, 05:17 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Man, I have been really fighting a case of the woulda, shoulda, couldas with that 20/20 hindsight. Had wrestled with the idea back .05-.06 to grab more but ... Couldn't be more happy with this, right now it is offsetting the paper losses on the "Q" so, in the quirky psychological stock sense .. it all looks pretty good

It hit .24 before tailing back to settle at a shade under .20 - Nice, slow and steady climb. Just too darned expensive now to add, well, that might change as well
    Lol, hey LT, you always undersell the moves on this guy... slow and steady, that's a freakin' blast off. I'll pipe in this once though, considering it's 1000% gain from the first rally's consolidation level, I'd be more inclined to do some selling, rather than buying. Today's candle suggests exhaustion. I'm sure it'll waver here and there for a couple of days if it reverses tomorrow, but make sure you come out with some coin on this one. Just my 2 cents.

Mentor
    05-20-2010, 05:30 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Dr Dave/Chuck/anyone

Market is really making me nervous...thinking about taking some off the table and purchasing some real estate...any thoughts? Maybe a couple of rentals, or just a couple of lots!

Jeff
    Man, the best thing is to do whatever makes you sleep at night. I figured since 2008, I'd rather not see my accounts bleed day in and day out, so when the bull rallies lose steam, I can take a break.

I actually sold all my blue dog siri, longest I've held a stock in quite a while... was coming up on a year, but that number I kept throwing out, 1.08, was where I took it. I had no clue of the last earnings report at the time, had I, I would have been inclined to get out the night before... anyway, I sold everything in my IRA a little bit ago, and it's nice seeing it stay the same balance while the stuff I was trading has been taking a beating.

So, there's nothing wrong with cutting a little if you want to hold on to what you got.

Put it this way... you won't lose more on whatever you cut out - sure there's the argument that cash won't hold value, but I don't like seeing an account drop 10-20% either.

Now sure you won't gain more on what you cut out, but you won't lose more. It's normal trader psychology to play with losses and ensure profits... which means that people will cut their gains early to keep them, and let losses run wild hoping they'll again become profits.

Only you can decide what you want to do, but lets jsut say siri were to run to 0.70, which I think would kind of be a worst case scenario pull back during some market tankage, how much would you cut from your holdings to make that easier on the gut? If you do have profits, nothing wrong with taking some.

Regarding real estate - I have no friggin' idea, you're talking to a guy that is a postdoc in an expensive area, so that's never even been in my consideration... but I can tell you I wouldn't mind owning something tangible.

If all hell breaks lose, I wouldn't mind owning a bunch of little old toyota pickups that don't break down, I figure I could sell them one by one, lol.

Mentor
    05-20-2010, 05:43 AM #30
    just a market pic, and noting where the last "ban on short selling" was, again brought up by a very good market technician I follow. I also noted the resistance line, so it's kind of obvious why techies would turn around there.

Anyway, though the ban is in germany this time, you can see the effect it had here, or what it did to help a process already in place.

Interesting to see what happens.

Page 3 of 10 12345 ...