Page 4 of 10 ... 23456 ...
    Mentor
    05-20-2010, 05:57 AM #31
    gold making a reversal candle on futures, but looking ugly against the dollar.

interesting to see what happens later. though, I aligned a gold chart with the 2008 dump and gold did dump along with the market for a while before it got going... i guess I need to pay more attention to detail, not selling on a swing near resistance was pretty dumb.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-20-2010, 07:41 AM #32
    Good Morning Everyone,

Someone needs to get hold of Bill Hart and bring him up to date on QASP, just in case he's not paying attention. I think he held a position in that company.

Julie, the board was so quiet for so long because we were all so broke!!! LOL At least we have a glimmer of hope now and hopefully we can all have a little fun for awhile.

Jeff, yeah man, the John's boycott has been great for business and my spirit. It gives me something really funny to laugh at! I know we all have our very different political leanings. And yet, we can all express ourselves about them without belittleing (sp?) each other. I love debating John, it's just I don't like his vocabulary.
    You were asking about getting out of the market and getting into the real estate arena. I have done just that lately. I've sold almost all of my so called blue chip holdings and invested in inventory for my business and real estate. This has been a good ride for the last 16 months, but I'm a little concerned about a 20% correction over the next 6 months. I'm not as scared as Big Ben is, but I am concerned.

LT, I agree with the Doc as far as KATX goes. I think I'd shave a bit while you're still ahead. I can't tell you how many rides I've taken up and didn't get off at the top only to see them drop back down very quickly.

OK, now I've gotta go sell candles to all the happy tourists.

GO QASP!!!

Mentor
    05-20-2010, 01:08 PM #33

Ouch!

Oh boy, the market is not a pretty picture today. The major indexes are down over 3%.

QASP is currently up just 15%. BCLE, KATX, and EVXA are all up a bit.

SIRI is down a whopping 8%. I trimmed a few thousand shares of SIRI at the market open and have reinvested it in QASP. It looks like it might have been a good move considering the slide today.

Overall, it's not a pretty picture at all today!

Mentor
    05-20-2010, 03:44 PM #34
    Man, I'd expect a nice white candle on that cc for qasp. I hope that more buyers come in. The key is for the price to close above 0.01. That's resistance that was once the support, and 0.01 is a pretty strong psychological round number.

This KATX run is exhausting. It may bounce a little, but if it were me, I'd cut out a decent chunk if you guys have it. I usually don't like to say to other people what to explicitly do, but it's a solid gain, and I don't see many stocks continue higher once they double their 13 ema, which yesterday was 0.12. I've seen a couple of stocks rally more, like asfx, but usually it's a fight to get out from scores like these.

Mentor
    05-20-2010, 03:49 PM #35
    Tough day, even gold stocks taking a beating while gold itself is placing a swing potential reversal candle. If I get stopped out of mine, I think I'll be sitting out the market for a bit all together.

Mentor
    05-20-2010, 09:52 PM #36
    You guys are giving me quite a bit to think about with KATX ... Have been toying with the idea already and .24 the other day looked very tempting.

The rub here is that the whole move seems to be predicated on nothing. They announced that drilling would commence sometime the second week of May (a good month or so back) and it has been apparently delayed a few days, but nothing PR'ed about it. In addition, this is only a start to the drilling with initial results somewhere down the line ... perhaps a week or two out if I recall correctly.

The other hot topic of discussion is the shell they picked up (BVIG), again not PR'd but dug out by the sleuths on the shrub. They have expressed in a fairly recent PR up-listing of either the entire company or a spin off of one of their properties, BVIG just happens to be OTC ...

Last but not least is the possible JV with Vale, since they have circled the wagons all around their property.

In other words this is right on the precipice and really the volume, even in this little run hasn't been all that much.

My nice little fantasy would be to take out the profit now and see it return back to the .06 ish range ... re-enter and do it all over again.

Trouble is, I don't see that scenario happening. It's a nice profit now but I don't want to be out of it without at least seeing the initial results of the drilling, notwithstanding the other items that could break in the coming weeks.

Hmmm, just did some math again and I have this almost seared reminder I had kept telling myself .. "They always come back down" - Just how far ...

Just thinking out loud ...
    Last edited by Los Tiburones; 05-20-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Mentor
    05-21-2010, 08:38 AM #37
    Thinking outloud, or just talking to yourself....LOL It's always good to look at these things from all directions.

My gut tells me that today is going to be another blood bath. I am really glad that I don't hold too many big board stocks. Fluctuations in these pennies is so normal that I never really worry about it too much. But, when the big boards are sinking, that can't be a good sign for the overall health of the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    You guys are giving me quite a bit to think about with KATX ... Have been toying with the idea already and .24 the other day looked very tempting.

The rub here is that the whole move seems to be predicated on nothing. They announced that drilling would commence sometime the second week of May (a good month or so back) and it has been apparently delayed a few days, but nothing PR'ed about it. In addition, this is only a start to the drilling with initial results somewhere down the line ... perhaps a week or two out if I recall correctly.

The other hot topic of discussion is the shell they picked up (BVIG), again not PR'd but dug out by the sleuths on the shrub. They have expressed in a fairly recent PR up-listing of either the entire company or a spin off of one of their properties, BVIG just happens to be OTC ...

Last but not least is the possible JV with Vale, since they have circled the wagons all around their property.

In other words this is right on the precipice and really the volume, even in this little run hasn't been all that much.

My nice little fantasy would be to take out the profit now and see it return back to the .06 ish range ... re-enter and do it all over again.

Trouble is, I don't see that scenario happening. It's a nice profit now but I don't want to be out of it without at least seeing the initial results of the drilling, notwithstanding the other items that could break in the coming weeks.

Hmmm, just did some math again and I have this almost seared reminder I had kept telling myself .. "They always come back down" - Just how far ...

Just thinking out loud ...

Mentor
    05-21-2010, 09:30 AM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Thinking outloud, or just talking to yourself....LOL It's always good to look at these things from all directions.

My gut tells me that today is going to be another blood bath. I am really glad that I don't hold too many big board stocks. Fluctuations in these pennies is so normal that I never really worry about it too much. But, when the big boards are sinking, that can't be a good sign for the overall health of the economy.
    Both!

Kind of scary to see it written out like that ...
    Speaking of scary ... who would of thought of the pennies as a safe haven? Compartively speaking that is.

05-23-2010, 08:24 PM #39

Hi Guys/Gals!!!!

Was MIA for a few days...had to get a little sunshine on the water and tastly little bugs to fill the freezer!!!!

Enjoy!!!!

And heres the link to many more pics from this trip!!!!

http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...view=slideshow
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 05-23-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Mentor
    05-23-2010, 10:52 PM #40
    Andy

Thanks for the pics...The shrimp must from Texas...just look at the size of them! hahaha

Jeff

Page 4 of 10 ... 23456 ...