Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Mentor
    06-01-2010, 08:50 AM #1

Market Watch June 1st - 15th 2010

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. It was a lot of fun and frustration...not to mention drama. Actually, there is some great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.

Mentor
    06-01-2010, 09:00 AM #2
    Figured I would start off this exciting month with the standard disclaimer above.

This is supposed to be the month that the great "Q" delivers.
    SIRI gets added to the Russell.
    KATX discovers enough precious metals to dwarf anything yet pulled out of the earth's belly.
    MMUH actually releases a PR.
    MGLG turns over operations to Karen.
    The Sponges get bought out by Disney.
    BEHL solves the BP crisis by encapsulating the oil spill with algae.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    06-01-2010, 01:13 PM #3
    This sounds like a GREAT month!

You forgot to mention that science would find a cure for cancer, all cars will stop using gas and run on air instead, and peace will break out all over the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Figured I would start off this exciting month with the standard disclaimer above.

This is supposed to be the month that the great "Q" delivers.
    SIRI gets added to the Russell.
    KATX discovers enough precious metals to dwarf anything yet pulled out of the earth's belly.
    MMUH actually releases a PR.
    MGLG turns over operations to Karen.
    The Sponges get bought out by Disney.
    BEHL solves the BP crisis by encapsulating the oil spill with algae.

06-01-2010, 07:52 PM #4

Pulled from the last thread......

Andy...and I thought all Alaskans were nice! Go ahead...kick me when I'm down...

Jeff

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alaska Guy
    Picked up another 125k @ .0158!!!!
    Update: Ouch!!!! I shoulda waited a little longer
    Jeff - you musta been buying like crazy today!

Lol!!!! Who's kicking who now? At today's close I could have picked up another 50k shares of QASP if I would have waited.

Plus, I thought you Texans were tough skinned!!!!

Let's see I owe you guys some hooligan dippin pictures, mini orca video & shrimpin pics of this past weekend adventure. I wish I would of took more pics than I did, I had whales breaching and slapping tails within a couple hundred yards of me one morning.

Clearing space out of my pantry and freezer this month, looks like I may be sending the long awaited jarred smoked salmon out soon!!!! I think I still have your addresses in my PM inbox, I'll keep you posted!!!

Let's hope for a great CC from QASP this week.

Speaking of MGLG and Karen, I put a small amount of money in a gold play by
    the name of Cannon Exploration, CNEX, last week. I pulled the ticker off of IHUB thinking I could flip this for a few bucks and now I'm stuck with it for a while. I came accross her name while reading some of the posts. Im thinking she's the same person and Im beginning to wonder if I just F'd myself. Anyone look at these company, it's was in the top 10 most read in the shrub.
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 06-01-2010 at 08:19 PM.

06-01-2010, 08:15 PM #5
    From LT - ""dipping for hooligans" - Sounds like something you would do on the shrub

yeah for sure....they are quite a roudy bunch...for the life of me I can't figure out how they have all this time to post back and forth between each other ALL DAY LONG!!!

I mean when I can't sleep, I'll check the QASP board and it's the same folks posting into the wee hours of the night, it's like they never sleep.

Geez, it was so refreshing to get out on the boat this weekend, no Internet access, heck no cell phone access at all. Only chatter was the occasional hail on the VHF radio! Nothing beats waking up to the sounds of a nearby waterfall, seals and otters splashing in the water and bald eagles screeching back and forth. Pure wilderness at it's fullest.....aaaaahhhhhhh....ok gotta get back to work .

Mentor
    06-01-2010, 11:26 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post
    From LT - ""dipping for hooligans" - Sounds like something you would do on the shrub

yeah for sure....they are quite a roudy bunch...for the life of me I can't figure out how they have all this time to post back and forth between each other ALL DAY LONG!!!

I mean when I can't sleep, I'll check the QASP board and it's the same folks posting into the wee hours of the night, it's like they never sleep.

Geez, it was so refreshing to get out on the boat this weekend, no Internet access, heck no cell phone access at all. Only chatter was the occasional hail on the VHF radio! Nothing beats waking up to the sounds of a nearby waterfall, seals and otters splashing in the water and bald eagles screeching back and forth. Pure wilderness at it's fullest.....aaaaahhhhhhh....ok gotta get back to work .
    Hey Andy,

It is pretty incredible ... some kind of addiction or they're just trying to keep the post count up.

Cool stuff with the boat, getting away from it all ... plotting and scheming some sort of vacation, since I haven't had one in three years.

Got to come clean here on the "Q" - Starting to get that cold feet feeling again. The O\S is pretty much maxed (Currently 1,440,195,160 as of COB May 28) - Lot of talk about the latest increase of 100 Mil pertaining to this newest loan ... This alone probably bothers me, concerns me the most. If he raises the A\S again ... He did state recently in one of the CC's that he "was going to try not to increase it". I can still remember when the last increase hit - Someone caught it in a filing, made mention of it on the shrub and within minutes the PR came out ... In those few minutes the SP tanked, I sat there watching it all in some sort of ... suspended animation, couldn't move fast enough to do anything ...

The Newby deal. Spent some time this weekend digging and couldn't find much. The only other item that is out there points back to another pinkie - BGMO and from what I have been able to gather ... Here is a few bits from something I was bouncing back and forth with, with one of the better posters over there on PM;

Have been digging around trying to ascertain just who Newby is and the correlations keep coming back to BGMO, since this appears to be the only other mention out there. Let me backtrack a bit though.

John Pentony - Recall that name? Penny Stock Guru dude that did our one time paid promo for the "Q" last year. He is additionally the IR guy for BGMO - And also has a paid promo for them. Here's a bit from Jan.

http://www.stock-performers.com/category/bgmo/

Second article from the top. Check out his compensation and the bit on 'warrants'.

Where am I going with this? Just drilling down and checking, double-checking. I have no conclusions but I do have some concern ... I have about zero faith in any of these penny stock promoters and a great deal of built in distrust. There is certainly, at some level an association here. Pentony has somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or more websites that he runs, some that are just spin-offs ... I don't know. It's bothersome.

Something else that caught my attention. For all the talk about our 350 Mil loan as being unprecedented in pinkie land ... BGMO, going back a way's has been touting similar numbers - 250 MIL - up wards to a billion ... numerous delays and issues with financing ... Familiar stuff ...

Here's Petony's IR site as well;

http://www.quarterbackir.com/index.htm

I later went on to state that maybe this was all on the up and up and maybe Petony is fine, he certainly has a nice gig going and I do recognize the shadiness to things down here regardless. It's still just eating at me. The patterns keep repeating. The elusiveness of names (Inver\Newby) where you can't pin these things down or get any real info. As good and welcomed as the recent CC's have been ... everything seems just that 12" out of reach, were almost there, were almost there, this week, this month ... We still do not have any names to the acquisitions, the main ones.

Quite a mouthful and I am in kind of a pissy mood to boot - I don't know guys, just concerned.

Mentor
    06-02-2010, 10:30 AM #7
    LT, you're spending too much time at the shrub!! LOL

I continue to add to my position in QASP. I think the drop in share price has been due to the OS going higher. But, if you notice, volume has picked up too. So....I'm thinking that even though the price is in the .012 range, it's still a lot better than the .006 range that we hit just a few short sessions ago.

The dillution should be over very soon. When that happens, buyers who have been sitting and watching will begin to accumulate again.

I think flippers have a lot to do with this too. People who bought below a penny are still selling and making 20% or more in just two weeks. Not a bad deal if you ask me!

I'm still going with the plan of letting some of my shares go at .02. I should be able to own 1.6 million shares free and clear after that. You never know how these things can play out. But, I'm still planning on going to Alaska someday and being a hooligan!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Andy,

It is pretty incredible ... some kind of addiction or they're just trying to keep the post count up.

Cool stuff with the boat, getting away from it all ... plotting and scheming some sort of vacation, since I haven't had one in three years.

Got to come clean here on the "Q" - Starting to get that cold feet feeling again. The O\S is pretty much maxed (Currently 1,440,195,160 as of COB May 28) - Lot of talk about the latest increase of 100 Mil pertaining to this newest loan ... This alone probably bothers me, concerns me the most. If he raises the A\S again ... He did state recently in one of the CC's that he "was going to try not to increase it". I can still remember when the last increase hit - Someone caught it in a filing, made mention of it on the shrub and within minutes the PR came out ... In those few minutes the SP tanked, I sat there watching it all in some sort of ... suspended animation, couldn't move fast enough to do anything ...

The Newby deal. Spent some time this weekend digging and couldn't find much. The only other item that is out there points back to another pinkie - BGMO and from what I have been able to gather ... Here is a few bits from something I was bouncing back and forth with, with one of the better posters over there on PM;

Have been digging around trying to ascertain just who Newby is and the correlations keep coming back to BGMO, since this appears to be the only other mention out there. Let me backtrack a bit though.

John Pentony - Recall that name? Penny Stock Guru dude that did our one time paid promo for the "Q" last year. He is additionally the IR guy for BGMO - And also has a paid promo for them. Here's a bit from Jan.

http://www.stock-performers.com/category/bgmo/

Second article from the top. Check out his compensation and the bit on 'warrants'.

Where am I going with this? Just drilling down and checking, double-checking. I have no conclusions but I do have some concern ... I have about zero faith in any of these penny stock promoters and a great deal of built in distrust. There is certainly, at some level an association here. Pentony has somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 or more websites that he runs, some that are just spin-offs ... I don't know. It's bothersome.

Something else that caught my attention. For all the talk about our 350 Mil loan as being unprecedented in pinkie land ... BGMO, going back a way's has been touting similar numbers - 250 MIL - up wards to a billion ... numerous delays and issues with financing ... Familiar stuff ...

Here's Petony's IR site as well;

http://www.quarterbackir.com/index.htm

I later went on to state that maybe this was all on the up and up and maybe Petony is fine, he certainly has a nice gig going and I do recognize the shadiness to things down here regardless. It's still just eating at me. The patterns keep repeating. The elusiveness of names (Inver\Newby) where you can't pin these things down or get any real info. As good and welcomed as the recent CC's have been ... everything seems just that 12" out of reach, were almost there, were almost there, this week, this month ... We still do not have any names to the acquisitions, the main ones.

Quite a mouthful and I am in kind of a pissy mood to boot - I don't know guys, just concerned.

Mentor
    06-02-2010, 10:35 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Guy View Post

Andy,
    It is absolutely wonderful to be able to enjoy nature on a daily basis. Here on the Outer Banks, I get to enjoy the bottle nose dolphin playing in the waves every morning. Sometimes, I'll go kayak surfing and the dolphin will bang on the bottom of the kayak and then roll over and splash me with a tail whip. Then I look up and pelican are flying overhead with Osprey diving for fish nearby. What a wonderful life we have that we get to be a part of this!

I get to do that each morning before I head off to work running the candle business. So, what in the world do you do in Alaska that allows you to stay there and have such a great life???

06-02-2010, 12:35 PM #9
    Chuck,

As much as I dislike the direction our government is going (will keep my opinions to myself), I work for them. Love the job I do, which is providing oversight of housing and community development grants to 272 federally recognized tribes in the state.

As with most federal jobs, it pays well and the work is simple. Having a stable job, while raising 5 kids is very important to me, so I'll keep this gig until I retire, or hit it big with the "Q".

This affords me the opportunity to play on the weekends and in the fall, to head north to hunt with my native friends.

I really can't complain much. We are living a good life up here!!!!

Mentor
    06-02-2010, 03:26 PM #10
    As of 3:15, QASP is up 15%. I added more this morning. It's nice to see it rise after that!

CC, Thursday at 4pm.

Page 1 of 6 123 ...