04-21-2008, 09:38 PM #1

Signal probs in the southwest

Anyone else having signal problems in the southwestern USA? Since about the 14th of april I've had VERY intermittant signal strength, then this past weekend I traveled from arizona to nevada and had nothing for four days, now today back in northern AZ I have a solid signal. Anyone else experiencing anything like this recently? -J

Mentor
    04-24-2008, 01:44 AM #2
    I live in Texas and have driven litterally all over the state over the past 6 days and have not had one bit of trouble.

What radio are you using? Built in to your car (OEM) or portable that you installed in the car? Why type of antanna are you using? FM transmitter or direct wire?

All are important questions, and in all of the forums that I read I have not noticed anyone else having problems. Let us know the answers to these and if you are still having problems. Will will try to help the best we can.

Head Honcho
    04-27-2008, 10:00 PM #3

I have had some dropouts

Here in the northeast I have seen some dropouts during the past week. This is not normal IMO. Nothing extreme, but a few drops here and there.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

04-28-2008, 12:01 PM #4
    RXJeff,

I have been having problems also here in Southern Cal - I especially noticed that it only happens with my S50 and not my other 2 kinds of receivers and it depends on the direction that I am driving in my car. I heard that there were mandatory upgrades necessary for the S50, which I have not gotten around to. Dropouts are highly unusual for the Southwest - not too much tree cover and/or weather issues.

Mentor
    04-28-2008, 06:29 PM #5
    Now Orbitcast has an article about signal dropout for Sirius radio listeners.

You can read it and the comments HERE.

04-29-2008, 08:33 PM #6
    Well the saga continues, at least I have a signal during the week now but it seems to dissapear around thursday evening. Went another whole weekend trying to aquire a signal, now its monday and I'm back to three bars? I am using a sportster 4, antannea on roof, fm transmitter. Anyone else in this neck of the woods having similar problems? -J

Thanks for the link above, looks like I'm not the only one!
    Last edited by rxjeff; 04-29-2008 at 08:38 PM.

04-30-2008, 07:00 AM #7
    Here's something new for me. I'm in the Northeast (Phila. area). I usually have all the bars on Sat. and none on Ter. I woke up this AM and I have all the bars on Ter. and 0-3 bars on Sat. What's up with THAT?

Mentor
    04-30-2008, 08:41 AM #8
    I wander if this has something to do with various testing they are doing in preparing for updates.

Tyler also posted that story about the S50 Update. The radio WILL NOT WORK without the update.

Sounds like they are doing some serious testing for SOMETHING. What? I have no idea...

03-20-2017, 02:21 PM #9
    I have a 2010 Sequoia, with Nav (OEM) and am a subscriber...signal has gone out for a month now at least. Had the advanced tech do a reset and perform work on my profile, no luck. He pointed me to dealer, dealer points me back to Sirius.
    Now, last week I drove to San Antonio, and lo and behold, it worked. When I got back to Houston, 'NO Signal Error' returned!!!

Help!

Thanks
    Joe

04-20-2017, 10:59 PM #10
    I came across the same problem. unblocked game
    Last edited by Comlite31; 09-05-2017 at 02:03 AM.