Page 2 of 3 123
    02-15-2008, 07:36 PM #11
    Thanks..I have an 06 TJ with stock radio....no aux jack..I'm thinking of getting the FM antenna cable relay.

Head Honcho
    02-15-2008, 10:22 PM #12
    That should be no big deal. You can grab that wire right behind the glovebox...but I am sure you know that. I would then run the wire out the bottom of the center dash by the coin dish if you are looking to install like me. If you are going up to the windshield just run the wire up and out the windshield defrost vent.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-16-2008, 10:53 AM #13
    Hadn't thought of using the Vent! Thanks for the help!

08-24-2009, 04:13 PM #14

Jeep Sahara Module Hard Top

Question 1: Where would be the best place to install the antenna without interfering with the module hard top?
    Question 2: Is the coin tray similar in the automatic?

Head Honcho
    08-24-2009, 04:38 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbski View Post
    Question 1: Where would be the best place to install the antenna without interfering with the module hard top?
    Question 2: Is the coin tray similar in the automatic?
    1. I have heard of people mounting on top of the brake light over spare tire.
    2. I have no idea.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-23-2009, 10:13 PM #16
    Great idea!!!! on question though how did you avoid puncturing the electronic board inside the adapter and what lenght of screws did you use??

Thanks

Head Honcho
    09-23-2009, 11:06 PM #17
    You mean the mounting adapter for the sportster unit that is affixed to the little coin type tray? There was no electronic board underneath it (not immediately underneath it as far as I can remember)... its a simple tray that pops out. I used screws that were just long enough no need to go overboard, its not like it needs to be able to withstand 50lbs of force or anything.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-27-2009, 02:45 PM #18
    You can mount the antenna under the roll bar padding on a hard top jeep too. The hard top does not affect the signal. I have had mine mounted under the roll bar padding on the passenger side for several years now. My GPS antenna is mounted under the padding on the drivers side. Both work great.

06-07-2011, 01:55 PM #19
    THANK YOU.. I have an '11 wrangler with the "trial" subscription, but have lifetime on my sportster. I have a couple more transfers on the lifetime sub, but prefer to save them for when i really need them. this will be a life saver, especially if the signal quality is as good as you mention with the top up. I had been searching for a way to use the "factory" antenna, but this will be fine too if I can run the wire as good as you did.

CHEERS,

Head Honcho
    06-07-2011, 02:22 PM #20
    No problem. It really is that simple and the antenna signal strength is perfect on a soft top.

I think they do make converters to tie a factory antenna into a sportster but, I can't help you on locating the factory lines since I have an 03.

If you have any question or need a hand, I am around. Good luck.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 3 123