Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Guru
    05-08-2010, 01:46 PM #31
    You see, havasucker is doing the same type of arguement as the liberial belief in the abortion/death penalty issue.

Look at what he says, He says Bush spent to much and that is what got us in this deep recession. Then what is his solution with Obama?????? Yes that is right spend EVEN MORE.

You see why it is so easy with him. Its like a hot knife through butter.

Listen you dumbass if YOU believe your boat is sinking because it has leaks in it, then you dont start punching more holes in it to save it.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-08-2010, 03:00 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Whoa, John finally entered the room with guns ablazing.

Let's see this for what it is, Greece today is a case study of the inevitability of big government. The "entitled" are now rioting. What else is there to talk about?
    Is it the entitled or the deserving. That's an interesting topic.

I'm entitled to Social Security. I've paid into it for over 40 years. I think the fact that I've paid into it makes me deserving.

But, the system is a failure. You can blame it on whomever you want to blame it on, but it's still a failure.

So, what if when I'm ready to retire and there is nothing in the system to pay my benefits? If I demonstrate in the streets like the Greeks are doing. Am I demonstrating for my entitlement, or for something that I deserve because I prepaid for it.

Just food for thought.

Guru
    05-09-2010, 07:53 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Is it the entitled or the deserving. That's an interesting topic.

I'm entitled to Social Security. I've paid into it for over 40 years. I think the fact that I've paid into it makes me deserving.

But, the system is a failure. You can blame it on whomever you want to blame it on, but it's still a failure.

So, what if when I'm ready to retire and there is nothing in the system to pay my benefits? If I demonstrate in the streets like the Greeks are doing. Am I demonstrating for my entitlement, or for something that I deserve because I prepaid for it.

Just food for thought.

There is just one huge difference between you and most of the greeks. that difference is as you have spelled out one is an entitlement and the other is a diserving.

Look at the pension problems NJ. is facing, Cristy pointed out exactly the type of problem the greeks are having.

As to some examples of the NJ. problems he points out are:

1) Is it fare that they dont have to pay for their health insurance benefits when all the rest of us do. We all have premiums we have to pay and much larger deductables then the state union memebers are paying now.

2) It is ridiculous for someone to be able to get 2.6 million in retirement benefits after only paying into that same system 160,000 dollars. How is that fically fisible???? It is not and we are going to start to change that.

You see you will have paid into a system and be lucky to get out what you and your employer put into it much less any interest. That is not the problem with SS, the problem with SS is the government has taken most of the money for other things (much of it for other entitlements) and that SS has ballooned into giving it to many people that dont really deserve it. I suggest you go look at some of the things that now get you collecting SS, it has become a mochary.

Guru
    05-10-2010, 09:21 AM #34
    "If Greece went down, the dominoes would have started falling left and right, and the issues would have carried severe implications here as well."

My man Spence clearly agrees!

Well, all's well that ends well! The rioting, looting and pillaging will have to wait!

Page 4 of 4 ... 234