Page 8 of 10 ... 678910
    Guru
    05-27-2010, 04:53 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I never understood why Conservatives who stress personal responsibility are ALWAYS the last to accept it when it comes to themselves.
    Its quite interesting. i quess they project their own failings on to all other people like South Americans for instance.

Like I said only a twit (you see candleman I have to repeat something that is so simple so that this twit can get it) does not go from the record at hand Obama regulation team were the ones that gave BP a reward for safety it was Obamas regulation team that let BP go on inspections that just happen in March and even Obamas people admits to that.

Yes then how do you explain that gas was well under 4 dollars for 6 years of Bushs presidency then opps the democrats takes control and what happens?? 4 dollars a gallon gas.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 04:56 PM #72
    John here is a little bit of information that maybe you dont get if you only watch Fox.

Gulf Oil Spill: Scientists Discover Massive New Sea Oil Plume
    MATTHEW BROWN AND JASON DEAREN | 05/27/10 12:57 PM |

NEW ORLEANS — Marine scientists have discovered a massive new plume of what they believe to be oil deep beneath the Gulf of Mexico, stretching 22 miles from the leaking wellhead northeast toward Mobile Bay, Alabama.

The discovery by researchers on the University of South Florida College of Marine Science's Weatherbird II vessel is the second significant undersea plume recorded since the Deepwater Horizon exploded on April 20.

The thick plume was detected just beneath the surface down to about 3,300 feet, and is more than 6 miles wide, said David Hollander, associate professor of chemical oceanography at the school.

Hollander said the team detected the thickest amount of hydrocarbons, likely from the oil spewing from the blown out well, at about 1,300 feet in the same spot on two separate days this week.

The discovery was important, he said, because it confirmed that the substance found in the water was not naturally occurring and that the plume was at its highest concentration in deeper waters. The researchers will use further testing to determine whether the hydrocarbons they found are the result of dispersants or the emulsification of oil as it traveled away from the well.

The first such plume detected by scientists stretched from the well southwest toward the open sea, but this new undersea oil cloud is headed miles inland into shallower waters where many fish and other species reproduce.

The researchers say they are worried these undersea plumes may are the result of the unprecedented use of chemical dispersants to break up the oil a mile undersea at the site of the leak.

Hollander said the oil they detected has dissolved into the water, and is no longer visible, leading to fears from researchers that the toxicity from the oil and dispersants could pose a big danger to fish larvae and filter feeders such as sperm whales.

"There are two elements to it," Hollander said. "The plume reaching waters on the continental shelf could have a toxic effect on fish larvae, and we also may see a long term response as it cascades up the food web."

P.S. i have never used spell check in my ENTIRE life. Wouldnt even know where to find it. I just accept personal responsibility and look things up and try to make sure what i say is accurate even when it comes to spelling. Sorry but good try.
    Still waiting john. You cant escape. lol. Your conscience (you do have a conscience dont you? oh shit thats the problem) is closing in on you.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-27-2010, 04:58 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    You must have missed this poll out

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/05/1...#ixzz0p9rpSpyy

Have you seen the poll from Alaska they are overwhelmingly in favor of it. Yet the federal government wont let them.

You dumb twits what do you think will happen if gas hit 10 dollars a gallon.
    John, you are a man who likes to use scare tactics. Your ten dollar a gallon claim is just stupid.

I know your hero George Bush was big on lies and scare tactics. I think we've lost over 4000 soldiers in Iraq because he was such a lying bastard. He loved using scare tactics in order to get people to follow his train of thought. That's exactly what you are doing with your argument here.

The American people are not stupid like you think they are. We finally saw through the lies of George Bush and the Republican Party. That's why the Republicans lost the last election. Bullies and liars can only win for so long.

You know as well as I do that if we don't drill anymore wells in the ocean off of our coasts, it will not lead to ten dollar gas if we work at being more thrifty with our resources.

Just be honest John, then you will have some credibility.

Mentor
    05-27-2010, 05:00 PM #74
    Ho no those are Obamas people that gave BP a award for safty, really how long do you think you can blame Bush for everything and expect to get away with it.

Yes I know you libs like the conspiracy therories. Yes Hows that War with Iraq because Bush and Chaney wanted the oil for themselves going for you.
    I think the war in Iraq that Bush started for the big oil companines is going pretty ****ing bad man. Just ask the Vets that don't have feet and hands.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 05:03 PM #75
    John inner dialogue:
    So gas prices went up to $4 when the Democrats took over part of the Congress under Bush and it was all the Democrats fault.

And then Obama took over the Presidency and the Democrats took over all the Congress and the price of gas went down. Oh shit that means my theory about Democrats and the stock market and gas prices is all nonsense? Im crushed.

You are so easy John. But im really still concerned you havent responded yet to my article on underwater oil accumulation and contamination.

Its a new huge (6 miles wide) oil plume underwater. its significantly different
    then the oil thats washed up on shore.

Mentor
    05-27-2010, 05:06 PM #76
    Yes, and you say your honest. I bet you also think Bush was responsible for the terror attacks dont you.

I got news for you you dumb twit Obama NEVER said he would let new drilling start he said they would start the research of it (basically let surveys be done of how much oil was there) Buit never said he would let it happen.

You also forget it was not until the democrats took control of congress that oil went up to 4 dollars a gallon. It was well below that for the first 6 years of Bush wasn't it.
    Nope John, I don't think President Bush was responsible for any terror attacks in the USA. It's funny how your mind works.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 05:11 PM #77
    Kind of basic. Not sure why John doesnt get it. A very reasonable plan (like Obama's legislative proposal) would be one that stresses a diversity of energy sources. We import way too much foreign oil and there is not enough domestic oil to make much of a dent in that. We have to first conserve by cutting back on our waste and improve efficiencies of all our appliances etc and move to a higher % of alternative energy systems over the long term. Very common sense and so mainstream. Even a 8 year can understand it.

Yes and Havasuckers answer is wind and solar. Hey Havasucker how well did that work out for CA. Yes thats right Havasukers big plan, solar. Well where is the light when the sun gos down (you know when power is needed). Hey where is the wind on those hot days when power is most needed, thats right there is none. Hey havasucker how many times more does both solar and wind cost over coal. Ho thats right 15 and 20 times more. Yes I am sure havasucker and candleman both want to pay 15 and 20 times what they pay now. How about the rest of you. Here why dont you two put your money where your mouth is and cut yourselves totally from the grid and put up your own wind turbines and solar panels. Remember I said TOTALLY that means cut that power line from that evil electric company that uses mainly coal to power YOUR HOUSE/BUSSINESS NOW/. Until then I think you need to shut your holes on this subject because you are just looking silly and hypocritical. Kind of like Al Gore who tells us all what to do yet some how gets away with his house using more power then the next average 20 houses. Which not to bring up this but yes Al Gore again has just bought a new house!!!!! where you ask???? yes thats right right next to the ocean YOU KNOW THE ONE THAT HE SAYS WILL RISE FAR ENOUGH TO ENGULF IT.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 05:16 PM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Nope John, I don't think President Bush was responsible for any terror attacks in the USA. It's funny how your mind works.

Yet you say and think this:

"Once again you are right Havakasha. That was very scary when the two oil men were in the White House and having secret meetings about oil. And it wasn't long after those meetings that the price of crude started climbing. Before it was over, oil had gotten to nearly 150 bucks a barrel. And gas was over 4 bucks a gallon. Those were the good old days when the oil companies owned the Presidency"

That is as stupid as what I just put up about your thinking so whats the difference.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 05:17 PM #79
    Sorry John but i aint going to let you off so easy. You said the issue was only about oil hitting land. You're actually quite wrong. So read the above.
    Swallow your pride and accept personal responsibility for your mistake.

and you must have somehow missed this from your buddies at the AP;

"One of their tools, a program the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration uses to predict how oil spills on the surface of water may behave, suggests that more than a third of the oil may already be out of the water.

About 35 percent of a spill the size of the one in the Gulf, consisting of the same light Louisiana crude, released in weather conditions and water temperatures similar to those found in the Gulf now would simply evaporate, according to data that The Associated Press entered into the program.

The model also suggests that virtually all of the benzene — a highly toxic flammable organic chemical compound and one of the chief ingredients in oil — would be stripped off and quickly vaporize.

The model was not designed for deepwater spills like the one at the Macondo well in the Mississippi Canyon now threatening the Gulf Coast. But experts said the analysis might give a close approximation of what is most likely happening where the oil plume is hitting the surface nearly 50 miles south of Louisiana."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...wPv9gD9FMHP000

Humm I dont think you missed this but somehow felt it was not worth putting up!!!!! Maybe because it does not go along with your ideology.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 05:18 PM #80
    Let me quess john. You are ignoring this science huh? Lol. You cant escape john.

No dumbass I have put this up several times already:

and you must have somehow missed this from your buddies at the AP;

"One of their tools, a program the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration uses to predict how oil spills on the surface of water may behave, suggests that more than a third of the oil may already be out of the water.

About 35 percent of a spill the size of the one in the Gulf, consisting of the same light Louisiana crude, released in weather conditions and water temperatures similar to those found in the Gulf now would simply evaporate, according to data that The Associated Press entered into the program.

The model also suggests that virtually all of the benzene — a highly toxic flammable organic chemical compound and one of the chief ingredients in oil — would be stripped off and quickly vaporize.

The model was not designed for deepwater spills like the one at the Macondo well in the Mississippi Canyon now threatening the Gulf Coast. But experts said the analysis might give a close approximation of what is most likely happening where the oil plume is hitting the surface nearly 50 miles south of Louisiana."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...wPv9gD9FMHP000

Humm I dont think you missed this but somehow felt it was not worth putting up!!!!! Maybe because it does not go along with your ideology.

Page 8 of 10 ... 678910