Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...
    Guru
    05-27-2010, 03:16 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Hope people are listening to our President talk right now about the oil spill operation. He is impressive in his knowledge of all the issues and its clear he is on top of everything that is going on, and never afraid to say that in an incident this dramatic mistakes will always be made and that the buck stops with him (something Bush never did).

Yea I hope they are to, especially the questions that the reporters are asking.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 03:18 PM #42
    Kind of basic. Not sure why John doesnt get it. A very reasonable plan (like Obama's legislative proposal) would be one that stresses a diversity of energy sources. We import way too much foreign oil and there is not enough domestic oil to make much of a dent in that. We have to first conserve by cutting back on our waste and improve efficiencies of all our appliances etc and move to a higher % of alternative energy systems over the long term. Very common sense and so mainstream. Even a 8 year can understand it.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 03:21 PM #43
    Lol. So very funny.

S&L "john you're a nut.... so people dont think your an 8 year whose only purpose is to attack Lloyd." (i paraphrase).

You got to stop stealing S&L's lines. Las time you plagerized Reimor's. Tsk. Tsk. Please try being a little original next time. . You could have use 9 year old for example. lol.
    I caught you john huh? Ouch. Sorry buddy. lol.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 03:27 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    You are right Havakasha, this has been BIG news since the day it happened. I wonder where John has been if he thinks it's just recently been big news. Maybe in a cave??? LOL

The big news is not been the leak it is the clean up and stopping it from hitting land something the government could have stopped if it took it seriously from the start.

Now look what has happen since it hit the first sand bars. Even you dumb twits can see the difference.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 03:33 PM #45
    John you really got start listening to SCIENTISTS (i know you dont like them) and stop hanging out in caves listening to Fox. The facts are that the spill is the issue. Its bigger than the Exxon Valdez. Yes its the biggest in the history of the U.S. That means its big john. LOL. There is a tremendous amount of oil under the surface of water which is causing great damage to the fishing industries of the region. Again Its quite basic but you seem to be very stubborn and only interested in scoring obvious political points.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 03:36 PM #46
    Probably in a cave hiding with Cheney and Osama bin Laden, and watching only Fox news.

That is where you guys would like us all to live just take a look at what you want to do just because of one leak. Yes stop all off shore drilling driving prices upto 10 dollars a gallon. Thats right where do tyou thgink you would be living with 10 dollar a gallon gas.

Thank god the rest of the world does not agree with you two twits because have you noticed a convient absence of anyone else saying they will stop off shore drilling. Yes thats right China, Norway, Russia, Mexico, ect., ect. have gone on like nothing has happened. Only here do we see lunatics try saying yes let the rest of the world go after our resources we will stop.

Need I have to bring up the the fact that Obama just gave Brazil 3 BILLION for OFF SHORE DRILLING. maybe he did it as a favor to George Soros. Yes that right you lunatics think it should be, do as I say not as I do.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-27-2010, 03:37 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Here are some more so lets get real here:

"67% Support Offshore Drilling, 64% Expect it Will Lower Prices"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...l_lower_prices

"With gas prices hovering at $4 a gallon, a majority of Floridians now support drilling for oil in protected areas offshore, according to a new poll.

The survey finds support for drilling at 60 percent, with 10 percent of respondents telling pollsters that they'd opposed offshore drilling in the past. Thirty-six percent of respondents said they remain opposed to offshore drilling."

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/07/3...#ixzz0p9qt26R9

Yes those were ALLLLL people that live in FLORIDA

Here and that has not changed much considering the gulf spill:

"Despite gulf spill, plurality of Americans back offshore drilling"

"The survey found 49 percent of Americans supported expanded offshore drilling and 38 percent opposed, with 12 percent unsure.

While Americans still leaned more toward expanded drilling than against it, their support has decreased since earlier polls by the nonpartisan Pew Research Center using somewhat different methodology. Those surveys before the spill found 63 percent supporting expanded drilling in February and 68 percent supporting it in April 2009."

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/05/1...#ixzz0p9rpSpyy

Haa yes and that is with gas prices at a low of 2.60 a gallon how much you want to bet it would be OVER 60 or even 70% if gas gets to 4 dollars a gallon, much less then the 10 dollars we are talking about if we were to do what you think we should do which is STOP ALL OFF SHORE DRILLING.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/07/3...-in-favor.html
    Oh my John! You are using old polls and old data which has since changed. Sort of like the climate data that you have such a problem with.

That seems rather two faced to accuse Havakasha of using old data and then you do exactly the same thing. Yep, that seems two faced to me!

As the costs associated with cleaning up the Gulf Spill rise. And the true damage to our ecology becomes evident. I think those numbers will even change more towards Americans not wanting off shore drilling if this is the cost.

I've always found that Americans aren't selfish. That when they know the facts, they will do what's best for everyone, not just for themselves.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 03:37 PM #48
    I caught you john huh? Ouch. Sorry buddy. lol.

I already told you havasucker, using spell check does not make you intelligent.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 03:38 PM #49
    John here is a little bit of information that maybe you dont get if you only watch Fox.

Gulf Oil Spill: Scientists Discover Massive New Sea Oil Plume
    MATTHEW BROWN AND JASON DEAREN | 05/27/10 12:57 PM |

NEW ORLEANS — Marine scientists have discovered a massive new plume of what they believe to be oil deep beneath the Gulf of Mexico, stretching 22 miles from the leaking wellhead northeast toward Mobile Bay, Alabama.

The discovery by researchers on the University of South Florida College of Marine Science's Weatherbird II vessel is the second significant undersea plume recorded since the Deepwater Horizon exploded on April 20.

The thick plume was detected just beneath the surface down to about 3,300 feet, and is more than 6 miles wide, said David Hollander, associate professor of chemical oceanography at the school.

Hollander said the team detected the thickest amount of hydrocarbons, likely from the oil spewing from the blown out well, at about 1,300 feet in the same spot on two separate days this week.

The discovery was important, he said, because it confirmed that the substance found in the water was not naturally occurring and that the plume was at its highest concentration in deeper waters. The researchers will use further testing to determine whether the hydrocarbons they found are the result of dispersants or the emulsification of oil as it traveled away from the well.

The first such plume detected by scientists stretched from the well southwest toward the open sea, but this new undersea oil cloud is headed miles inland into shallower waters where many fish and other species reproduce.

The researchers say they are worried these undersea plumes may are the result of the unprecedented use of chemical dispersants to break up the oil a mile undersea at the site of the leak.

Hollander said the oil they detected has dissolved into the water, and is no longer visible, leading to fears from researchers that the toxicity from the oil and dispersants could pose a big danger to fish larvae and filter feeders such as sperm whales.

"There are two elements to it," Hollander said. "The plume reaching waters on the continental shelf could have a toxic effect on fish larvae, and we also may see a long term response as it cascades up the food web."

P.S. i have never used spell check in my ENTIRE life. Wouldnt even know where to find it. I just accept personal responsibility and look things up and try to make sure what i say is accurate even when it comes to spelling. Sorry but good try.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-27-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-27-2010, 03:40 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    The big news is not been the leak it is the clean up and stopping it from hitting land something the government could have stopped if it took it seriously from the start.

Now look what has happen since it hit the first sand bars. Even you dumb twits can see the difference.
    Havakasha, I think we've gotten his goat again. He's starting to use his favorite words...."dumb twits"....LMAO

Page 5 of 10 ... 34567 ...