Page 4 of 10 ... 23456 ...
    Legend
    05-27-2010, 02:40 PM #31
    John forgot to mention that the Bush administration stacked the regulatory system with personnel who were predisposed to the oil industry. Remember the secret meetings that Cheney of Halliburton (the same company that may be responsible for causing this spill) had with the oil big wigs? Oh you conveniently forgot huh? I quess you were hiding in your cave listening to Fox when all that was going on huh? lol.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 02:45 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    John, I DO ride a bike to work already. When I drive, I drive a car that gets 38 to 40 mpg. If I can do it, you can to. And if we all do it, we'd have a better world and a cleaner environment. That's what being a Conservative is. A Conservative is someone who isn't wasteful and doesn't believe in spending money when it's not necessary.
    By the way, I've spent a fair amount of time in caves. They really aren't that bad!

And I have to add once again that you were the one who started this thread and suggested the possible banning of airplanes, not me!

You are just too easy John.

Thats great if it works out for you, now just think what the world would look like if we all did that. Oil has been one of the biggest reasons for where we are today in tech. Great that you ride your bike NOW stop using everything that is made from oil. Good luck And I hope you like caves because when you find out just how many things we make from oil then you will need to live in one.

Just a logical question you might want to ask the next time. Why dont you ask the president to do the samething and see how much he gets done.

Really I am to easy???? You need to take another look at the first post. It suggest the stupidity of stopping off shore drilling because of one accident. So as for being to easy that would be you because once again you prove how stupid you are to suggest such a thing. Yes that is what you are saying right, because plane crashes happen way more then oil spills and have effected more people by a larger factor then this spill does. So you are suggesting we all should not fly anymore.

Please before you make such a ridiculous statement you need to go back and read the first posts.

P.S. Here is a list of the things you will have to do without:

Clothing Ink
    Heart Valves
    Crayons
    Parachutes
    Telephones
    Enamel
    Transparent tape
    Antiseptics
    Vacuum bottles
    Deodorant
    Pantyhose
    Rubbing Alcohol
    Carpets
    Epoxy paint
    Oil filters
    Upholstery
    Hearing Aids
    Car sound insulation
    Cassettes
    Motorcycle helmets
    Pillows
    Shower doors
    Shoes
    Refrigerator linings
    Electrical tape
    Safety glass
    Awnings
    Salad bowl
    Rubber cement
    Nylon rope
    Ice buckets
    Fertilizers
    Hair coloring
    Toilet seats
    Denture adhesive
    Loudspeakers
    Movie film
    Fishing boots
    Candles
    Water pipes
    Car enamel
    Shower curtains
    Credit cards
    Aspirin
    Golf balls
    Detergents
    Sunglasses
    Glue
    Fishing rods
    Linoleum
    Plastic wood
    Soft contact lenses
    Trash bags
    Hand lotion
    Shampoo
    Shaving cream
    Footballs
    Paint brushes
    Balloons
    Fan belts
    Umbrellas
    Paint Rollers
    Luggage
    Antifreeze

Model cars
    Floor wax
    Sports car bodies
    Tires
    Dishwashing liquids
    Unbreakable dishes
    Toothbrushes
    Toothpaste
    Combs
    Tents
    Hair curlers
    Lipstick
    Ice cube trays
    Electric blankets
    Tennis rackets
    Drinking cups
    House paint
    Rollerskates wheels
    Guitar strings
    Ammonia
    Eyeglasses
    Ice chests
    Life jackets
    TV cabinets
    Car battery cases
    Insect repellent
    Refrigerants
    Typewriter ribbons
    Cold cream
    Glycerin
    Plywood adhesive
    Cameras
    Anesthetics
    Artificial turf
    Artificial Limbs
    Bandages
    Dentures
    Mops
    Beach Umbrellas
    Ballpoint pens
    Boats
    Nail polish
    Golf bags
    Caulking
    Tape recorders
    Curtains
    Vitamin capsules
    Dashboards
    Putty
    Percolators
    Skis
    Insecticides
    Fishing lures
    Perfumes
    Shoe polish
    Petroleum jelly
    Faucet washers
    Food preservatives
    Antihistamines
    Cortisone
    Dyes
    LP records
    Solvents
    Roofing

Legend
    05-27-2010, 02:45 PM #33
    Its just a basic fact that we cant drill our way out of the energy dilemna we are in.Certainly we need domestic oil production but we are running out of the more easily extractable oil and have had to go to more expensive and dangerous exploration. A smart person understands we have to diversify our energy sources over the next 20 years or more. No other way to go. Just like a balanced portfolio in the stock market. Common sense.

God you're easy. LOL.

P.S. Sorry you are not up on some of the new technologies in use today to replace some of the old oil based products. Just off the top of my head i can think of quite of few of the products you have on your list which are being made with new materials. For a guy who claims he keeps up with the latest info you most certainly have been sitting in a cave and listening to Fox news too much. Get out in the world a little and see whats going on out there. Its an exciting time in the world and hybrids and electric cars are even being made by American companies. LMFAO.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-27-2010 at 02:55 PM.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 02:51 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Oh snap!
    Candleman, next time go a little easier on him please.

If he went any easier I would think he was a 8 year old like yourself.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-27-2010, 02:55 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    John forgot to mention that the Bush administration stacked the regulatory system with personnel who were predisposed to the oil industry. Remember the secret meetings that Cheney of Halliburton (the same company that may be responsible for causing this spill) had with the oil big wigs? Oh you conveniently forgot huh? I quess you were hiding in your cave listening to Fox when all that was going on huh? lol.
    Once again you are right Havakasha. That was very scary when the two oil men were in the White House and having secret meetings about oil. And it wasn't long after those meetings that the price of crude started climbing. Before it was over, oil had gotten to nearly 150 bucks a barrel. And gas was over 4 bucks a gallon. Those were the good old days when the oil companies owned the Presidency.....LMAO

Hey, Obama made big mistakes too. It was his guys who let the ball drop. He has taken the blame and has stopped any new drilling off shore until things get fixed up a bit.

Wouldn't it have been nice if Bush and Cheney had the ability to admit mistakes. If they had, I don't think Obama would be President right now. America must have wanted a change from the days when our country was run by two big oil boys.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 02:59 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    If he went any easier I would think he was a 8 year old like yourself.
    Lol. So very funny.

S&L "john you're a nut.... so people dont think your an 8 year whose only purpose is to attack Lloyd." (i paraphrase).

You got to stop stealing S&L's lines. Las time you plagerized Reimor's. Tsk. Tsk. Please try being a little original next time. . You could have use 9 year old for example. lol.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-27-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-27-2010, 03:00 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Thats great if it works out for you, now just think what the world would look like if we all did that. Oil has been one of the biggest reasons for where we are today in tech. Great that you ride your bike NOW stop using everything that is made from oil. Good luck And I hope you like caves because when you find out just how many things we make from oil then you will need to live in one.

Just a logical question you might want to ask the next time. Why dont you ask the president to do the samething and see how much he gets done.

Really I am to easy???? You need to take another look at the first post. It suggest the stupidity of stopping off shore drilling because of one accident. So as for being to easy that would be you because once again you prove how stupid you are to suggest such a thing. Yes that is what you are saying right, because plane crashes happen way more then oil spills and have effected more people by a larger factor then this spill does. So you are suggesting we all should not fly anymore.

Please before you make such a ridiculous statement you need to go back and read the first posts.

P.S. Here is a list of the things you will have to do without:

Clothing Ink
    Heart Valves
    Crayons
    Parachutes
    Telephones
    Enamel
    Transparent tape
    Antiseptics
    Vacuum bottles
    Deodorant
    Pantyhose
    Rubbing Alcohol
    Carpets
    Epoxy paint
    Oil filters
    Upholstery
    Hearing Aids
    Car sound insulation
    Cassettes
    Motorcycle helmets
    Pillows
    Shower doors
    Shoes
    Refrigerator linings
    Electrical tape
    Safety glass
    Awnings
    Salad bowl
    Rubber cement
    Nylon rope
    Ice buckets
    Fertilizers
    Hair coloring
    Toilet seats
    Denture adhesive
    Loudspeakers
    Movie film
    Fishing boots
    Candles
    Water pipes
    Car enamel
    Shower curtains
    Credit cards
    Aspirin
    Golf balls
    Detergents
    Sunglasses
    Glue
    Fishing rods
    Linoleum
    Plastic wood
    Soft contact lenses
    Trash bags
    Hand lotion
    Shampoo
    Shaving cream
    Footballs
    Paint brushes
    Balloons
    Fan belts
    Umbrellas
    Paint Rollers
    Luggage
    Antifreeze

Model cars
    Floor wax
    Sports car bodies
    Tires
    Dishwashing liquids
    Unbreakable dishes
    Toothbrushes
    Toothpaste
    Combs
    Tents
    Hair curlers
    Lipstick
    Ice cube trays
    Electric blankets
    Tennis rackets
    Drinking cups
    House paint
    Rollerskates wheels
    Guitar strings
    Ammonia
    Eyeglasses
    Ice chests
    Life jackets
    TV cabinets
    Car battery cases
    Insect repellent
    Refrigerants
    Typewriter ribbons
    Cold cream
    Glycerin
    Plywood adhesive
    Cameras
    Anesthetics
    Artificial turf
    Artificial Limbs
    Bandages
    Dentures
    Mops
    Beach Umbrellas
    Ballpoint pens
    Boats
    Nail polish
    Golf bags
    Caulking
    Tape recorders
    Curtains
    Vitamin capsules
    Dashboards
    Putty
    Percolators
    Skis
    Insecticides
    Fishing lures
    Perfumes
    Shoe polish
    Petroleum jelly
    Faucet washers
    Food preservatives
    Antihistamines
    Cortisone
    Dyes
    LP records
    Solvents
    Roofing
    Such a silly boy you are John. I didn't say we have to do without oil. I said we need to conserve our oil by not using so much of it for transportation, drinking water bottles, and heating and cooling our homes and businesses. Being conservative could go a long ways towards not having to drill for oil in the water. It would also help us to not be so dependant on oil from overseas.

You really need to stop putting words in other people's mouths.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 03:02 PM #38
    Once again you are right Havakasha. That was very scary when the two oil men were in the White House and having secret meetings about oil. And it wasn't long after those meetings that the price of crude started climbing. Before it was over, oil had gotten to nearly 150 bucks a barrel. And gas was over 4 bucks a gallon. Those were the good old days when the oil companies owned the Presidency.....LMAO

Hey, Obama made big mistakes too. It was his guys who let the ball drop. He has taken the blame and has stopped any new drilling off shore until things get fixed up a bit.

Wouldn't it have been nice if Bush and Cheney had the ability to admit mistakes. If they had, I don't think Obama would be President right now. America must have wanted a change from the days when our country was run by two big oil boys.
    I never understood why Conservatives who stress personal responsibility are ALWAYS the last to accept it when it comes to themselves.
    Its quite interesting. i quess they project their own failings on to all other people like South Americans for instance.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-27-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Legend
    05-27-2010, 03:05 PM #39
    Such a silly boy you are John. I didn't say we have to do without oil. I said we need to conserve our oil by not using so much of it for transportation, drinking water bottles, and heating and cooling our homes and businesses. Being conservative could go a long ways towards not having to drill for oil in the water. It would also help us to not be so dependant on oil from overseas.

You really need to stop putting words in other people's mouths.
    Once again you nailed it Candleman. He continually puts words in peoples mouths and changes the arguments to something he is more comfortable with. He also exaggerates for instance by suggesting for example that the choices are between living in a cave and doing what he says. Very silly, juvenile arguments. Almost desperate and pathetic. Quite sad.
    Its time to diversify our energy sources. Too bad Bush/Cheney didnt understand that. They really put our national security in danger. Even the CIA has acknowledged that.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-27-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Guru
    05-27-2010, 03:07 PM #40
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...38-503544.html

Polls are polls and I don't rely on them, but John does.

So, here is a poll that finds many people have changed their opinion on off shore drilling. The same poll finds that a lot of folks think BP is to blame for this mess in the Gulf.

You'll find that Republicans still would rather pollute our environment then find other ways to power our world. But, I think they will come around soon.
    They still see this as some sort of a political thing. They use it as a divide between themselves and Democrats. But, hopefully soon all people of all political sides will start to see off shore drilling as an environmental problem and one that we can all work together to stop.

Here are some more so lets get real here:

"67% Support Offshore Drilling, 64% Expect it Will Lower Prices"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...l_lower_prices

"With gas prices hovering at $4 a gallon, a majority of Floridians now support drilling for oil in protected areas offshore, according to a new poll.

The survey finds support for drilling at 60 percent, with 10 percent of respondents telling pollsters that they'd opposed offshore drilling in the past. Thirty-six percent of respondents said they remain opposed to offshore drilling."

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/07/3...#ixzz0p9qt26R9

Yes those were ALLLLL people that live in FLORIDA

Here and that has not changed much considering the gulf spill:

"Despite gulf spill, plurality of Americans back offshore drilling"

"The survey found 49 percent of Americans supported expanded offshore drilling and 38 percent opposed, with 12 percent unsure.

While Americans still leaned more toward expanded drilling than against it, their support has decreased since earlier polls by the nonpartisan Pew Research Center using somewhat different methodology. Those surveys before the spill found 63 percent supporting expanded drilling in February and 68 percent supporting it in April 2009."

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/05/1...#ixzz0p9rpSpyy

Haa yes and that is with gas prices at a low of 2.60 a gallon how much you want to bet it would be OVER 60 or even 70% if gas gets to 4 dollars a gallon, much less then the 10 dollars we are talking about if we were to do what you think we should do which is STOP ALL OFF SHORE DRILLING.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/07/3...-in-favor.html

Page 4 of 10 ... 23456 ...