Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Oil leaks into the ocean!!!! stop all the drilling.

  1. #21
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Yes you did when you failed to mention them in your list of things to blame that is giving them a pass and not to mention it is not the fact that Obama said he would LOOK INTO MORE off shore drilling but that he failed to get with the cleanup ASAP.

    I have my emotions in check otherwise you would see me doing what you did.

    Yea you say that now because you have not had to deal with the ramifications of 10 dollar a gallon gas yet. Hummm we know that 60% of the people AGREE that there should STILL be off shore drilling even after this leak. Now I wonder how much higher that would go if we got the price upto 4 dollars, opps we dont have to wonder because the polls have been done when it was.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_568434.html

    "Newsweek: Offshore Drilling Gaining Acceptance
    newsweek.com — Offshore oil drilling is at the center of an intensifying national debate over how the government should address the current energy crisis. Presumptive nominees Barack Obama and John McCain remain divided on the issue—Obama's against more drilling, McCain's for it. With gas now at $4 per gallon, public opinion is shifting in favor of more drilling."

    Now lets just think about that for a second and then ask yourself how much higher to you think public opinion would change with a increase of 250% on that 4 dollars a gallon price.

    You see candleman you are as ridiculious as those people in CA. that said, Ho no way are we building anymore power plants we will do it with wind and solar. That worked out great for them to didn't it until they had to deal with the ramifications of those polocies (like rolling blackouts and very high electric bills). Then they start to say, WHY WHY WHY ARE WE DEALING WITH THESE PROBLEMS. You candleman have learned nothing from that or the Greeks, You see what happens when the ramifications of their polocies come home and they have to deal with them.

    Like I said, the polls show that most believe even still that we should drill off shore. You also dont have a clue as to what they (the states) used to get and what they would get under Obama and the democrats off shore plan. The states used to get most of the royalties and under Obama there is little that gos to them compared to the feds.

    There is a simple fact here and that is that accidents happen and if the federal goverment would have had all hands on deck even for this spill with as long as it has taken to even hit shore now they could have prevented it from coming even close.

    So as the title of the thread says according to you, because accidents happen then we should all be riding bikes to work and there should be no planes at all. After all many more people have died and many more lives are effected MUCH worse by those things then even this oil leak.

    I guess if you had it your way we would all be living in caves still.

    P.S. If you have noticed there was not to much said about the oil leak until it started to hit the sand bars if that would have been prevented then this leak would have been an nonissue. It is the clean up and how long it has taken that is the problem, a problem that could have been taken care of if the government would have gotten on it ASAP like they should have instead of dithering for a month.
    John, I DO ride a bike to work already. When I drive, I drive a car that gets 38 to 40 mpg. If I can do it, you can to. And if we all do it, we'd have a better world and a cleaner environment. That's what being a Conservative is. A Conservative is someone who isn't wasteful and doesn't believe in spending money when it's not necessary.
    By the way, I've spent a fair amount of time in caves. They really aren't that bad!

    And I have to add once again that you were the one who started this thread and suggested the possible banning of airplanes, not me!

    You are just too easy John.

  2. #22
    Havakasha is offline
    Oh snap!
    Candleman, next time go a little easier on him please.

  3. #23
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511

    CBS Poll finds more people oppose off shore drilling than support it!

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...38-503544.html

    Polls are polls and I don't rely on them, but John does.

    So, here is a poll that finds many people have changed their opinion on off shore drilling. The same poll finds that a lot of folks think BP is to blame for this mess in the Gulf.

    You'll find that Republicans still would rather pollute our environment then find other ways to power our world. But, I think they will come around soon.
    They still see this as some sort of a political thing. They use it as a divide between themselves and Democrats. But, hopefully soon all people of all political sides will start to see off shore drilling as an environmental problem and one that we can all work together to stop.

  4. #24
    Havakasha is offline
    Hope people are listening to our President talk right now about the oil spill operation. He is impressive in his knowledge of all the issues and its clear he is on top of everything that is going on, and never afraid to say that in an incident this dramatic mistakes will always be made and that the buck stops with him (something Bush never did).
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-27-2010 at 02:12 PM.

  5. #25
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Its just been determined that this BP oil leak is way worse than the Exxon Valdez (much worse than a plane crash even. LOL) Its time for serious regulation of the offshore oil industry something the Bush administration abdicated. If we are smart we will use this event as one more sign of the need to shift our committment in the alternative energy fields and away from foreign oil. 20 years from now we should look back at this moment in time and say, now is when we did the sensible thing and changed course in a determined and substantial way.

    P.S. I reported the oil spill on 4/30 in the politics thread. It was a huge headline on a number of sites. That is way earlier than when the oil hit a sand bar. Thats just silly talk and not unusual for a guy named john.

    "i quess if you had your way you would still be living in a cave." That is absolutely hysterical. John maybe you should apply for a job with Stephen Colbert or John Stewart? Oh i forgot you actually have no sense of humor. Never mind.
    You are right Havakasha, this has been BIG news since the day it happened. I wonder where John has been if he thinks it's just recently been big news. Maybe in a cave??? LOL

  6. #26
    Havakasha is offline
    Probably in a cave hiding with Cheney and Osama bin Laden, and watching only Fox news.

  7. #27
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/37372610
    Gulf spill put at 25,00 barrels a day, passing the Exxon Valdez as the WORST spill in U.S. HISTORY.

    Notice that john cant bear to deal with the actual enormity of the spill. He wants to think that a little faster action on cleanup would have solved everything. Since when did John care so much about the environment anyway? LOL. A little 3 card monty huh?
    Excuse me but when was the last time you breathed out oil????


    How much of it has actually hit the coast line yet????


    Why is it and who was it that is responsible for making oil companies go so far out and DEEP in the first place????



    Any idiot except yourself would not see there is a clear difference between chemicals like, chlorine, sulfur, and various acids, and a gas (CO2)that is needed for life on this planet.


    Yes the interesting thing is that most of the oil has evaporated, that the only thing left is what is known as heavy oil. Which is much less then the light sweet crude spilled by the Exxon Valdez.

    I find it amazing you want to blame the difficulty of stopping the leak on BP, yet you seem to forget that if this well was drilled not so far out (about a mile) and not so deep (about a mile down) this leak would have been stopped weeks ago because NONE of the problems they are having now would have exsisted.

  8. #28
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    "BP used riskier method to seal well before blast"
    Speaks volumes. Just follow the trail of lack of regulation and concern for proftis over safety. Time for this to all be reversed.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/us/27rig.html?hp

    I do recall it was Obama that just gave them a clean bill of health and actually gave BP an award for there safty. Yes thats right that was Obamas administration that did that.

  9. #29
    Havakasha is offline
    Sorry if most states dont want oil drilliing close to their shores. You're for states rights except when you dont want it. Shame, shame. LMFAO
    No excuse for the mistakes and shortcuts BP made in this disaster and for the corruption and incompetence in the oil industry. Taking responsiblility is a central Conservative tenet. Its funny that you want to excuse them because i dont think even they would go as far as you do. You ought to be in public relations.
    I know you're a guy who doesnt like scientists and science very much so its understandable that you will only believe what your personal biases tell you to believe.

    This is the WORST oil spill ever in the U.S. i just listened to an expert scientist say that it doesnt matter how many booms were in place to try to stop the oil from hitting land, they would NEVER be able to stop the oil coming ashore. But of course you know more. LOL.
    Just you like that you know the Earth is getting cooler.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-27-2010 at 02:36 PM.

  10. #30
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    John, I DO ride a bike to work already. When I drive, I drive a car that gets 38 to 40 mpg. If I can do it, you can to. And if we all do it, we'd have a better world and a cleaner environment. That's what being a Conservative is. A Conservative is someone who isn't wasteful and doesn't believe in spending money when it's not necessary.
    By the way, I've spent a fair amount of time in caves. They really aren't that bad!

    And I have to add once again that you were the one who started this thread and suggested the possible banning of airplanes, not me!

    You are just too easy John.


    Thats great if it works out for you, now just think what the world would look like if we all did that. Oil has been one of the biggest reasons for where we are today in tech. Great that you ride your bike NOW stop using everything that is made from oil. Good luck And I hope you like caves because when you find out just how many things we make from oil then you will need to live in one.

    Just a logical question you might want to ask the next time. Why dont you ask the president to do the samething and see how much he gets done.


    Really I am to easy???? You need to take another look at the first post. It suggest the stupidity of stopping off shore drilling because of one accident. So as for being to easy that would be you because once again you prove how stupid you are to suggest such a thing. Yes that is what you are saying right, because plane crashes happen way more then oil spills and have effected more people by a larger factor then this spill does. So you are suggesting we all should not fly anymore.

    Please before you make such a ridiculous statement you need to go back and read the first posts.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •