Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97

Thread: Oil leaks into the ocean!!!! stop all the drilling.

  1. #11
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Oh John, once again you remind me and all of the readers of Sirius Buzz why it is so hard to have a conversation with you.

    Someday, when you want to talk like an educated adult, we may be able to discuss topics or interest to this group. But, until then, we'll just continue to be entertained by your train of thought.


    Yes dumbass you are correct and when you stop acting like Havasucker that is true. You cant have a intelligent conversation when someone lies like you guys do. Heres a clue for you, be honest and you would not get treated like Havasucker.


    Here dumbass so you can get a clue; Did you or did you not delete your whole post prior and then much later put up the other one???

    We know that answer is, YES.



    Why did you do that???


    The logical conclusion is, because you knew the replacement post would make no sense what so ever with the old post still up.


    I treat dumbass twits like the dumbass twits they are. That is why people injoy reading my post

  2. #12
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    John, no man would respond to your questions.
    If you want people to treat you with respect and answer your questions. You need to act like an educated adult and lose the childish language.


    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Yes dumbass you are correct and when you stop acting like Havasucker that is true. You cant have a intelligent conversation when someone lies like you guys do. Heres a clue for you, be honest and you would not get treated like Havasucker.


    Here dumbass so you can get a clue; Did you or did you not delete your whole post prior and then much later put up the other one???

    We know that answer is, YES.



    Why did you do that???


    The logical conclusion is, because you knew the replacement post would make no sense what so ever with the old post still up.


    I treat dumbass twits like the dumbass twits they are. That is why people injoy reading my post

  3. #13
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    John, no man would respond to your questions.
    If you want people to treat you with respect and answer your questions. You need to act like an educated adult and lose the childish language.

    First of all jackass we already know the answer to the questions, you did put up a post that showed you agreed then removed and replaced it. We also know why. I dont need a jackass to answer questions that we already know the answers to


    Once again, you just dont get it do you. Here so you can read it better this time:

    LISTEN YOU JACKASS, DONT ACT LIKE HAVASUCKER AND BE HONEST AND YOU WOULD NOT GET TREATED LIKE HE DOES. Do get it now, you jackass. If not then here I will give you the answer on a silver platter; I treat people like you with all the respect they deserve.

    You want to be treated like a man then act like one.

  4. #14
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I guess the next plane that crashes also means we also should stop fling.
    After weeks and weeks of the oil flow. And hundreds of millions of dollars, perhaps billions of dollars of damage that continue to be done to our environment. I still totally agree that ALL off shore drilling should be halted and no more off shore wells should be started.

    Obviously, we don't have the ability to make sure that this kind of accident can't happen again. And it's become increasingly obvious that Big Oil Companies have not been regulated enough.

    We cannot take the chance on destroying more of our enviroment. It's time that we use this accident to push for even more stringent fuel standards and much higher efficeincy in our homes, offices, and businesses.

  5. #15
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    After weeks and weeks of the oil flow. And hundreds of millions of dollars, perhaps billions of dollars of damage that continue to be done to our environment. I still totally agree that ALL off shore drilling should be halted and no more off shore wells should be started.

    Obviously, we don't have the ability to make sure that this kind of accident can't happen again. And it's become increasingly obvious that Big Oil Companies have not been regulated enough.

    We cannot take the chance on destroying more of our enviroment. It's time that we use this accident to push for even more stringent fuel standards and much higher efficeincy in our homes, offices, and businesses.

    I find it particularly interesting that you dont blame the environmentalist for this AT ALL. I first of all could think of a few reasons. It is their fault they are drilling that far out for oil in the first place. Yes thats right the environmentalist wont let them do it closer were this kind of leak would have been fixed long ago (it is because of how deep the well is that makes it so difficult to stop).

    I also find it interesting that you dont have a clue as to how much oil the world gets from off shore drilling. You must not or you think 10 to 12 dollar a gallon gas is fine by you. Thank god 60% (even after this leak) of the people think that is ridiclous when there is a cheaper way.

    I also find it funny how you give Obama a pass on getting it cleaned up. Look at the time it took for even the first part of the leak to make shore that could have been prevented easy enough if the government would have taken an oil leak even remotely serious even remotely close to a few days or even a week of when it happen.

  6. #16
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    John, there you go making assumptions again.

    I didn't give anyone a pass on anything. I think Obama is a fool for ever considering opening up areas off Virginia for off shore drilling.

    You really need to get control of your emotions and quit saying things that aren't true.



    If I have to pay 10 bucks a gallon for fuel and in return know that our shores and marshes will not polluted by oil like Alaska and Louisiana have had to deal with. I think that would be a fair trade off.
    But, once again you have no facts to support your theory on how that would happen.
    If we stop off shore drilling and do more on land drilling. And then institute much higher fuel economy standards. And stop drinking water from plastic bottles, and develop alternative energy ideas, and so on, we can stop drilling off shore, and probably not have to double the price of energy.

    This is not a new idea John. Here on the East Coast, we've been opposed to drilling for years.

    I think Obama would seal his coffin as far as ever being re-elected if he ever considers opening up the East Coast for drilling again. Sarah drill baby drill Palin sealed her fate along time ago by supporting off shore drilling.


    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I find it particularly interesting that you dont blame the environmentalist for this AT ALL. I first of all could think of a few reasons. It is their fault they are drilling that far out for oil in the first place. Yes thats right the environmentalist wont let them do it closer were this kind of leak would have been fixed long ago (it is because of how deep the well is that makes it so difficult to stop).

    I also find it interesting that you dont have a clue as to how much oil the world gets from off shore drilling. You must not or you think 10 to 12 dollar a gallon gas is fine by you. Thank god 60% (even after this leak) of the people think that is ridiclous when there is a cheaper way.

    I also find it funny how you give Obama a pass on getting it cleaned up. Look at the time it took for even the first part of the leak to make shore that could have been prevented easy enough if the government would have taken an oil leak even remotely serious even remotely close to a few days or even a week of when it happen.

  7. #17
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    John, there you go making assumptions again.

    I didn't give anyone a pass on anything. I think Obama is a fool for ever considering opening up areas off Virginia for off shore drilling.

    You really need to get control of your emotions and quit saying things that aren't true.



    If I have to pay 10 bucks a gallon for fuel and in return know that our shores and marshes will not polluted by oil like Alaska and Louisiana have had to deal with. I think that would be a fair trade off.
    But, once again you have no facts to support your theory on how that would happen.
    If we stop off shore drilling and do more on land drilling. And then institute much higher fuel economy standards. And stop drinking water from plastic bottles, and develop alternative energy ideas, and so on, we can stop drilling off shore, and probably not have to double the price of energy.

    This is not a new idea John. Here on the East Coast, we've been opposed to drilling for years.

    I think Obama would seal his coffin as far as ever being re-elected if he ever considers opening up the East Coast for drilling again. Sarah drill baby drill Palin sealed her fate along time ago by supporting off shore drilling.


    Yes you did when you failed to mention them in your list of things to blame that is giving them a pass and not to mention it is not the fact that Obama said he would LOOK INTO MORE off shore drilling but that he failed to get with the cleanup ASAP.

    I have my emotions in check otherwise you would see me doing what you did.

    Yea you say that now because you have not had to deal with the ramifications of 10 dollar a gallon gas yet. Hummm we know that 60% of the people AGREE that there should STILL be off shore drilling even after this leak. Now I wonder how much higher that would go if we got the price upto 4 dollars, opps we dont have to wonder because the polls have been done when it was.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_568434.html

    "Newsweek: Offshore Drilling Gaining Acceptance
    newsweek.com — Offshore oil drilling is at the center of an intensifying national debate over how the government should address the current energy crisis. Presumptive nominees Barack Obama and John McCain remain divided on the issue—Obama's against more drilling, McCain's for it. With gas now at $4 per gallon, public opinion is shifting in favor of more drilling."

    Now lets just think about that for a second and then ask yourself how much higher to you think public opinion would change with a increase of 250% on that 4 dollars a gallon price.

    You see candleman you are as ridiculious as those people in CA. that said, Ho no way are we building anymore power plants we will do it with wind and solar. That worked out great for them to didn't it until they had to deal with the ramifications of those polocies (like rolling blackouts and very high electric bills). Then they start to say, WHY WHY WHY ARE WE DEALING WITH THESE PROBLEMS. You candleman have learned nothing from that or the Greeks, You see what happens when the ramifications of their polocies come home and they have to deal with them.

    Like I said, the polls show that most believe even still that we should drill off shore. You also dont have a clue as to what they (the states) used to get and what they would get under Obama and the democrats off shore plan. The states used to get most of the royalties and under Obama there is little that gos to them compared to the feds.

    There is a simple fact here and that is that accidents happen and if the federal goverment would have had all hands on deck even for this spill with as long as it has taken to even hit shore now they could have prevented it from coming even close.

    So as the title of the thread says according to you, because accidents happen then we should all be riding bikes to work and there should be no planes at all. After all many more people have died and many more lives are effected MUCH worse by those things then even this oil leak.

    I guess if you had it your way we would all be living in caves still.

    P.S. If you have noticed there was not to much said about the oil leak until it started to hit the sand bars if that would have been prevented then this leak would have been an nonissue. It is the clean up and how long it has taken that is the problem, a problem that could have been taken care of if the government would have gotten on it ASAP like they should have instead of dithering for a month.
    Last edited by john; 05-27-2010 at 11:55 AM.

  8. #18
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Its just been determined that this BP oil leak is way worse than the Exxon Valdez (much worse than a plane crash even. LOL) Its time for serious regulation of the offshore oil industry something the Bush administration abdicated. If we are smart we will use this event as one more sign of the need to shift our committment in the alternative energy fields and away from foreign oil. 20 years from now we should look back at this moment in time and say, now is when we did the sensible thing and changed course in a determined and substantial way.

    P.S. I reported the oil spill on 4/30 in the politics thread. It was a huge headline on a number of sites. That is way earlier than when the oil hit a sand bar. Thats just silly talk and not unusual for a guy named john.

    "i quess if you had your way you would still be living in a cave." That is absolutely hysterical. John maybe you should apply for a job with Stephen Colbert or John Stewart? Oh i forgot you actually have no sense of humor. Never mind.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 05-27-2010 at 12:14 PM.

  9. #19
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    "BP used riskier method to seal well before blast"
    Speaks volumes. Just follow the trail of lack of regulation and concern for proftis over safety. Time for this to all be reversed.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/us/27rig.html?hp

  10. #20
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/37372610
    Gulf spill put at 25,00 barrels a day, passing the Exxon Valdez as the WORST spill in U.S. HISTORY.

    Notice that john cant bear to deal with the actual enormity of the spill. He wants to think that a little faster action on cleanup would have solved everything. Since when did John care so much about the environment anyway? LOL. A little 3 card monty huh?

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •