05-03-2010, 11:28 AM #1

Stiletto 2 Nightmare/Meltdown?

Hello everyone I'm new to Sirius Buzz and I wish it were under better circumstances.

I've had my Stiletto 2 for two years now and it's been running flawlessly until this weekend. I was running it off of the battery in my car (temp ~80 degrees) and the unit powered off by itself though it had atleast 30 percent battery left. When I plugged it in at home first it would turn on and allow me to listen to satillite or wifi radio but the left channel would just be silent of have white noise. The unit would no longer power on using the battery, but if i put the battery in the unit i would hear the tiny hum of it being powered on, but the screen and unit was superficially off. I read on the forums on performing recovery and I tried it and when it gets near the end of the recovery when the screen on the stiletto changes to a clock saying it's uploading software the screen on the computer says that it was "unable to recover your stiletto" and since I"m over warrenty Sirius wont help me.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Guru
    05-03-2010, 04:55 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by alizad89 View Post
    Hello everyone I'm new to Sirius Buzz and I wish it were under better circumstances.

I've had my Stiletto 2 for two years now and it's been running flawlessly until this weekend. I was running it off of the battery in my car (temp ~80 degrees) and the unit powered off by itself though it had atleast 30 percent battery left. When I plugged it in at home first it would turn on and allow me to listen to satillite or wifi radio but the left channel would just be silent of have white noise. The unit would no longer power on using the battery, but if i put the battery in the unit i would hear the tiny hum of it being powered on, but the screen and unit was superficially off. I read on the forums on performing recovery and I tried it and when it gets near the end of the recovery when the screen on the stiletto changes to a clock saying it's uploading software the screen on the computer says that it was "unable to recover your stiletto" and since I"m over warrenty Sirius wont help me.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks
    At least you got two years out of yours lol. My wife bought me one when they first came out. The headphone jack went bad after about a year and a half. She did send it to TSS I believe, and she said they were good folks, but couldn't fix the damn thing. I ended up canceling the sub as I have 3 already. Your best bet would be to see if TSS could fix it.

05-05-2010, 12:08 PM #3
    Haha, yeah even while it was working well for the 2 years I could tell it wasn't a quality piece of engineering... wish Pioneer made sirius handhelds back then :/

I've been told the thing is bricked. The condition has gotten worse since I posted, I'm lucky if it will turn on when plugged in and forget listening to anything on it. It's currently up on Ebay if anyone knows how to fix it pm me and I'll give you the link. Anyway... guess I'm in the market for an SL10 haha.

Guru
    05-05-2010, 01:27 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by alizad89 View Post
    Haha, yeah even while it was working well for the 2 years I could tell it wasn't a quality piece of engineering... wish Pioneer made sirius handhelds back then :/

I've been told the thing is bricked. The condition has gotten worse since I posted, I'm lucky if it will turn on when plugged in and forget listening to anything on it. It's currently up on Ebay if anyone knows how to fix it pm me and I'll give you the link. Anyway... guess I'm in the market for an SL10 haha.
    Yeah, equipment hasn't been one of the strong points. I originally bought two Sportsters back in 05. Both are done with. And because we have a boombox, I need to replace that too. SIRI has the wrong business model. Give the service away and make the equipment disposable lol.

05-07-2010, 08:08 PM #5
    Yeah, it's fried. However, is the faceplate in good condition? (plastic front part). If it has no scratches, i'll buy it for $10.