Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 220

Thread: Sirius Weekly Thread May 3, 2010

  1. #201
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Ok Julie, I suppose I need to rephrase my thoughts.

    I find it strange that a Moderator would try to silence Havakasha, a member of this community for initiating a contest to check the spelling ability of John, another member. And yet not attempt to silence John when he refers to Havakasha as a dumbass twit.

    It just seems very preferential to me.

    I find all of this sort of talk in the SIRI stock thread to be taking away from the value of the thread itself. And I continue to find it interesting and disturbing that the owners of this website would allow this sort of behavior here also.

    It really isn't a matter of friendship Julie, it's clearly a matter of the difference between what is right and what is wrong. You've chosen spelling contests as wrong and something that should be stopped. While not saying anything publicly or using your position as Moderator to stop the behavior of using degrading words towards members of this community. Julie, your behavior on this matter just doesn't add up.


    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning Chuck,
    Please reread my post to Havakasha. In it I refered to the contest he
    was initiating. It was not merely correcting spelling.
    As far as the political thread, I choose not to read it nor get in any
    discussions. For one, I would be run out of town and no match for
    you big boys in debating. Second, (gasp) no interest in some of the subject
    matter.
    Please don't feign indignation at the words that are being said. When
    debating with John you know exactly what you are getting into. As
    we spoke before Chuck, my response to you was to ignore him. It
    takes two to argue. And one to fan the fire, as you just did in your
    response to my post to Havakasha.

    Now please pour yourself a cup of coffee, as I will. And we will remain
    friends.

    Julie

    P.S. New Jersey!

  2. #202
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning Chuck,
    Please reread my post to Havakasha. In it I refered to the contest he
    was initiating. It was not merely correcting spelling.
    As far as the political thread, I choose not to read it nor get in any
    discussions. For one, I would be run out of town and no match for
    you big boys in debating. Second, (gasp) no interest in some of the subject
    matter.
    Please don't feign indignation at the words that are being said. When
    debating with John you know exactly what you are getting into. As
    we spoke before Chuck, my response to you was to ignore him. It
    takes two to argue. And one to fan the fire, as you just did in your
    response to my post to Havakasha.

    Now please pour yourself a cup of coffee, as I will. And we will remain
    friends.

    Julie

    P.S. New Jersey!
    The contest was made in good humor obviously, just as many of my posts directed at John are. I am dealing with an abusive, somewhat crazy guy and so find it necessary to lighten the discussion. Sorry if you dont see it that way. Sorry if the heading "At least 70% of South Americans are dumb and lazy" didnt attract your attention nor the personal boycott John is waging on Candleman's businesses nor his other abusive words. But hey thats what makes the world go around.
    Enjoy your day.

  3. #203
    SiriMonkey is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    The contest was made in good humor obviously, just as many of my posts directed at John are. I am dealing with an abusive, somewhat crazy guy and so find it necessary to lighten the discussion. Sorry if you dont see it that way. Sorry if the heading "At least 70% of South Americans are dumb and lazy" didnt attract your attention nor the personal boycott John is waging on Candleman's businesses nor his other abusive words. But hey thats what makes the world go around.
    Enjoy your day.
    Good morning Havakasha,
    I apologize to you, as I did not read any of the ongoing discussions of
    political talk. I happened to read your post and responded before
    delving deeper into the discussion. If I would have, I would have realized
    your attempt at humor. I reacted too quickly in my response.

    Please accept my apologizes Havakasha.

    Julie

  4. #204
    Havakasha is offline
    Legend
    Havakasha's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning Havakasha,
    I apologize to you, as I did not read any of the ongoing discussions of
    political talk. I happened to read your post and responded before
    delving deeper into the discussion. If I would have, I would have realized
    your attempt at humor. I reacted too quickly in my response.

    Please accept my apologizes Havakasha.

    Julie
    No problem Julie. Enjoy the day. Go siri.

  5. #205
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Hi Julie,

    I apologize for taking you on today about the moderation of these forums.

    I am just completely fed up with the hate filled rhetoric that keeps coming from John.

    If I were an advertiser on this site, I would not want my ads to appear anywhere near his posts.

    I actually agree with 75% of what he writes. It's just the name calling that totally degrades his opinions. And I think it lowers the standards of the whole site.

    I just wish that Charles or you would set some rules about how discussions happen here. Not just in the stock threads but all threads. He has drawn me into his type of conversation too many times and I've even on occasion used the same type of language that John uses. I always feel bad about it afterward.

    I think he has chased away many good posters who just refuse to post in the stock thread because he will attack them for ideas that he doesn't agree with. Most people will only put up with being called a dumbass so many times and then they just don't ever post again. And that's a loss, a huge loss to the entire community.

    And you must be asking...why even get involved Chuck? I get involved here for the same reason that I get involved everywhere I go and in everything that I do. When I see injustice, I try and fix it. I know, I know, it's sometimes stupid, but that's how I operate.

    Once again, I aplogize for being overly aggessive in my defense of Havakasha.

    Chuck


    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good morning Havakasha,
    I apologize to you, as I did not read any of the ongoing discussions of
    political talk. I happened to read your post and responded before
    delving deeper into the discussion. If I would have, I would have realized
    your attempt at humor. I reacted too quickly in my response.

    Please accept my apologizes Havakasha.

    Julie

  6. #206
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Julie,

    i'm (lol) definitely not hateful, but John is.
    if you are going to argue about climate change for example then you should know what an aerosol is and not call it an air soil. Dont you think?
    If you are going to call South Americans dumb then maybe you should check out how you spell some of your own words. Dont you think?
    If you are going to boycott Candleman's businesses then you better make sure you spell them right. Dont you think for Candleman's sake?

    And then there is this from S&L which launched the whole spelling discussion
    "... And by the way you spell "hear" H,E,A,R. Slow down. Check what you're writing. Too many typo's and people may start to think you're some 8th grader here to agitate Lloyd."

    Just catching you up on the goings on. I noticed you never commented on John saying "at least 70% of South Americans are dumb and lazy". Did you miss that one or did that just not offend you like the discussion on spelling?

    Have a good night.

    P.S. i (lol) was hoping we could return this to a stock thread and bring all the rest to the POLITICS thread but i quess this just has to play itself out.

    Dumbass, There is a difference between typos and incorrect spelling. Now while one is done because of going to fast, often faster then ones capabilities to type the other is because if asked specifically how to spell something he could not.

    I would be the first to admit and have done so several times already, I suck at typing and my spelling is not the best. Even a twit like yourself havasucker should know what Siriusly long (incidently you misspelled "Siriusly long" IT IS NOT SPELLED, "S&L" (what the hell is this "&" even doing in there I mean that insinuates you are saying, siriusly "and" long, were did the "and" come from)) was talking about was that I used "hear" instead of "here". Something I have seen many do ON BLOG SITES, from Tyler to johnny irish to relmor to Brandon to (yes as I have just shown you havasucker) to ect. to ect. to ect. to ect., not only have I seen it done with the word "here" but "no" (actually spelled "know") or vise versa, the word "to" (actually spelled "two") or vise virsa, I cannot tell you how many times the word "too" should have been used instead of "to".

    I would be the last person to say a word on a blog about spelling or being gramatical. That would implie I cared and I dont, not only because it is a blog but that would mean I better be perfect on it because if I cared so much about when others do it then I must care even more about myself, therefore If I (Yes havasucker "I" is capitalized) messed up I would have to look even more stupid because I truely could not blame it on anything else except being a dumb twit that did not know better. Do you get it havasucker, if you care so much about being gramatically correct then why so many mistakes from you. One could only surmize that you really dont understand that "I" should be capitalized or what this "&" means. You are the one that cares so much about being gramatically correct, right. So How do you explain your own errors except that you actually dont know you messed up.

    P.S. This site has "spell checker" and if I cared I would have used it, except I have not used it even once. Thats because spell checker does not make you intelligent.

    P.S.S. If that was the case you would not have brought politics to this thread in the first place.

  7. #207
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    It is a very sad state of affairs when the moderator publicly addresses one member for correcting spelling and yet sits quietly when another member constantly attacks other members with degrading words like dumbass, jackass, dumb twit, socialist, and so on. Makes you start to wonder if Sirius Buzz has an unspoken agenda and the moderator and owner of this site support that sort of hateful behavior. Just makes you wonder.......

    So because she is a moderator she cant comment on anything, is that what you are saying? I am sorry, I did not see anything about her telling Havasucker he is being warned. It was an opinion not a moderation of his statement. That is clear to most of the people here.

    P.S. I am also of the belief that being a moderator means one has to be careful of how they talk to others on the site but julie in this case has done nothing wrong in separating "julietoo the moderator" and "julietoo the poster".

  8. #208
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Ok Julie, I suppose I need to rephrase my thoughts.

    I find it strange that a Moderator would try to silence Havakasha, a member of this community for initiating a contest to check the spelling ability of John, another member. And yet not attempt to silence John when he refers to Havakasha as a dumbass twit.

    It just seems very preferential to me.

    I find all of this sort of talk in the SIRI stock thread to be taking away from the value of the thread itself. And I continue to find it interesting and disturbing that the owners of this website would allow this sort of behavior here also.

    It really isn't a matter of friendship Julie, it's clearly a matter of the difference between what is right and what is wrong. You've chosen spelling contests as wrong and something that should be stopped. While not saying anything publicly or using your position as Moderator to stop the behavior of using degrading words towards members of this community. Julie, your behavior on this matter just doesn't add up.

    Once again you dumb twit it is opinion not moderation of the site, DO YOU GET THE DIFFERENCE.

  9. #209
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    The contest was made in good humor obviously, just as many of my posts directed at John are. I am dealing with an abusive, somewhat crazy guy and so find it necessary to lighten the discussion. Sorry if you dont see it that way. Sorry if the heading "At least 70% of South Americans are dumb and lazy" didnt attract your attention nor the personal boycott John is waging on Candleman's businesses nor his other abusive words. But hey thats what makes the world go around.
    Enjoy your day.
    Yes maybe I should have also had one that said "30% of the American population is stupid or lazy", because that many of them have seen what socialism has done to other countries and how it has failed EVERYTIME IT IS TRIED. Yet those dumb liberial twits want to try it here in America. My only conclusion from that is those twits must be saying, Ho yes but here in America IT WILL FINALLY WORK.

    Now as for candleman I have shown him do be blatantly lying, that means he is dishonest. I am just putting out the examples of his lies and linking to them. I let people decide for themselves if they want to do business with a dishonest man or not. You and he have both said you dont mind or was that just another lie.

    As a side note: Hey I told everyone here not to goto Satwaves because I felt Brandon to be dishonest, and it will only lead to bad things in the end and well, WE HAVE SEEN HOW THAT TURNED OUT. In the end dishonest people will frick you over everytime.

  10. #210
    john is offline
    Guru
    john's Avatar
    Joined: May 2008 Posts: 2,836
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hi Julie,

    I apologize for taking you on today about the moderation of these forums.

    I am just completely fed up with the hate filled rhetoric that keeps coming from John.

    If I were an advertiser on this site, I would not want my ads to appear anywhere near his posts.

    I actually agree with 75% of what he writes. It's just the name calling that totally degrades his opinions. And I think it lowers the standards of the whole site.

    I just wish that Charles or you would set some rules about how discussions happen here. Not just in the stock threads but all threads. He has drawn me into his type of conversation too many times and I've even on occasion used the same type of language that John uses. I always feel bad about it afterward.

    I think he has chased away many good posters who just refuse to post in the stock thread because he will attack them for ideas that he doesn't agree with. Most people will only put up with being called a dumbass so many times and then they just don't ever post again. And that's a loss, a huge loss to the entire community.

    And you must be asking...why even get involved Chuck? I get involved here for the same reason that I get involved everywhere I go and in everything that I do. When I see injustice, I try and fix it. I know, I know, it's sometimes stupid, but that's how I operate.

    Once again, I aplogize for being overly aggessive in my defense of Havakasha.

    Chuck
    I got news for you dumbass, (and not that I have a big head, just the facts), Have you ever wondered why I have been PERSONAL ASED by the people (the owners) of all 3 of the other sites to come over to them. Humm there has got to be a reason right. Hey maybe it is because I get others that know me to join or come to read their site. I have been told by countless regulars that left this site they only came back to Sirius Buzz to read my post mainly on the political thread. Thats when I realized Charles was right, (and that hurts to say) and if I did not give Havasucker a forum noone would read his stuff.


    candleman, You have got to get out of your liberial politically correct way of thinking most of us are not like you and havasucker.

    Here, you need an example: If you watched every MSM (except FOX), you would think most of the country is against the Arizona immagration bill they passed. Those are not the facts and what the polls state is that 60% to 67% (from various polls) of Americans are infavor of it. Not only is that a fact but that 70% of Arizonas people are for it.

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •