Page 10 of 22 ... 8910111220 ...
    Legend
    05-07-2010, 09:52 AM #91
    Glad to see that SXM is holding and rising at this point in time. i quess the most important question remains as to how much of its loss since the first quarter report will it gain back in the near term.
    Hazard a quess about its near term trajectory?

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-07-2010, 10:15 AM #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Glad to see that SXM is holding and rising at this point in time. i quess the most important question remains as to how much of its loss since the first quarter report will it gain back in the near term.
    Hazard a quess about its near term trajectory?
    We're at 1.04 now.

I feel that the drop in SP over the last 5 days has been a lot of profit taking by those who were wise enough to have bought during the last drop in SP.

I'm here for the very long term. But, I have no reason to think that we won't stabilize around 1.20 to 1.30 for the next month or two.

Each quarter our numbers are getting stronger. This is still a long term play in my eyes and I think expecting 1.50 by Christmas is not out of the question.

Legend
    05-07-2010, 10:36 AM #93
    Well i quess i spoke too early. Things are still shaking out in the market. Obviously a lot of fear about what is happening in Europe. Would love to see it close over $1 but like you i am in this for the long term.

Guru
    05-07-2010, 11:11 AM #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Well i quess i spoke too early. Things are still shaking out in the market. Obviously a lot of fear about what is happening in Europe. Would love to see it close over $1 but like you i am in this for the long term.
    Agreed. Nothing is trading on fundamentals or speculation right now. It's 100% fear.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-07-2010, 11:23 AM #95
    And that is not a good way to do business!

Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Agreed. Nothing is trading on fundamentals or speculation right now. It's 100% fear.

Mentor
    05-07-2010, 01:38 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hey you should have known better then to listen to Sirius Roadkill.

Sirius Roadkill, you should have known better then to trust this pig, it makes a lier out of you almost everytime.
    Yup, you are right about that . . . HOWEVER . . . if Pluc had listened to us at $1.03 and not waited til $1.08 he would still be ok today, even with the pullback

anyone who got in yesterday below $0.90 was a gift based on the fat-finger trade which no one could have forseen

also, Pluc will still be ok at $1.08 and will be able to trade-out with a nice short-term profit once the Russell rebalancing takes place

for those who use stop-loss orders . . . let yesterday be yet another lesson to you . . . if you leave your keys in your car, chances are your car will eventually be stolen

Mentor
    05-07-2010, 01:42 PM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    I am a poor bastard. I bought at 1.08 then literally 15 minutes later lost almost 8% of my investment when it freefell to 1.01
    Don't worry Pluc . . sit back, relax, and wait for the Russell Index rebalancing . . you will be rewarded with a nice 11.11%

Guru
    05-07-2010, 03:14 PM #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Yup, you are right about that . . . HOWEVER . . . if Pluc had listened to us at $1.03 and not waited til $1.08 he would still be ok today, even with the pullback

anyone who got in yesterday below $0.90 was a gift based on the fat-finger trade which no one could have forseen

also, Pluc will still be ok at $1.08 and will be able to trade-out with a nice short-term profit once the Russell rebalancing takes place

for those who use stop-loss orders . . . let yesterday be yet another lesson to you . . . if you leave your keys in your car, chances are your car will eventually be stolen

Hey look at what I said just after that and just after I say, I dont think it gets as low as (Big Ben said) .82 and then I said that I dont think it gets lower then .91 and if it does I would buy it there. Then look at what this pig did seconds after I said that, it gos to .86, I hate this pig.

I agree though with you on the fundamentals though and jon will be just fine. I only wish I had sold more at 1.12 and 1.21. I also wish I was not a Procrastinator and put my other buy in at .91 sooner (just did not think it would happen so soon). I got it in now just incase lighting stricks twice because if it does get that low again it wont be there for that long. Well most likely longer then a few seconds.

Guru
    05-07-2010, 03:23 PM #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Don't worry Pluc . . sit back, relax, and wait for the Russell Index rebalancing . . you will be rewarded with a nice 11.11%

I am not up on that kind of action! where do you get that 11.11% from is that the normal or what.

I am looking at OEMs coming in this month at something like 900,000 which will give SIRIXM a total of about 150,000 to 200,000 new subs. for the first two months of this quarter. I then see sales in June picking up to just about 1 million which will give SIRIXM a total of 250,000 to 300,000+ for this quarter. Next quarter will be a almost break even quarter. Car sales tend to be much less in the 3rd quarter (still alittle better then Jan. and Feb. though).

Enthusiast
    05-07-2010, 04:53 PM #100
    John,

You have to be careful with how you count OEM's. Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, etc. are not counted as subs at the sale of the vehiclle, but rather 3 to 4 months later IF that person decides to become self paying.

It would appear, given Mels statement, that about 60,000 subs were added in April.

Page 10 of 22 ... 8910111220 ...