Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-07-2010, 09:58 AM #51
    A wild start to the day!

BCLE is up to .016, I'm going to take some profits now and try and buy back in later today on a dip.

QASP is around .0088, yes we've gone subpenny on the news about the company expansion. Sometimes, some things just don't make sense to me.

Enthusiast
    05-07-2010, 10:25 AM #52
    Hey Chuck,

the shrubbers are just not going to be happy till dean goes to prison, never seen such a skeptical, negative bunch. I'm thinking good things are coming with the pps, but it may very well take another 6 months.

As for BCLE, glad the giant as been awakened.....now, if he'll just shoot up to a nickel or a time before his next nap....

Behl, is acting strange today too...whatchagonnado?

Enthusiast
    05-07-2010, 11:24 AM #53

Wen

Hey Chuck,

Wendys/Arbys group is getting back to mid $4 range. Is that a good entry point in your opinion? I remember you swing in and out on WEN and S, or so I thought.

What do you see for WEN in the next few weeks?

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Hey Chuck,

the shrubbers are just not going to be happy till dean goes to prison, never seen such a skeptical, negative bunch. I'm thinking good things are coming with the pps, but it may very well take another 6 months.

As for BCLE, glad the giant as been awakened.....now, if he'll just shoot up to a nickel or a time before his next nap....

Mentor
    05-07-2010, 11:47 AM #54
    Hey Chuck,

Wendys/Arbys group is getting back to mid $4 range. Is that a good entry point in your opinion? I remember you swing in and out on WEN and S, or so I thought.

What do you see for WEN in the next few weeks?

Sandy
    Sandy,
    I almost hate to make any predictions with the market trending downward so much lately.

But....LOL...I'll do it anyway! Wendy's reports on May 13th. They have had a tough year competeing with the dollar deals from other fast food restaurants. If it were me, I would not buy in above 4.60, if you are planning on swing trading it. If you're looking at longterm, I think today may be a good buy in point. I just hate buying for a swing trade right before earnings reports. You just can never tell how people will react to those reports. Look at SIRI.........

Sprint is a good buy at this price. I'd buy now and turn after a 10% rise. They have already reported and many agencies have raised the projected price to 6 bucks.

Chuck

PS.....But, what do I know, I have wax for brains....LOL

Mentor
    05-09-2010, 12:30 PM #55
    dr dave, whattya think about BCRX. also extend the chart out 2 years and see what youre working with...

Guru
    05-10-2010, 05:24 PM #56
    This was the pull back I was talking about (well a little more then I figured) but it is a good time to get into DSX. That is if you want to make about 2 dollars a share profit in the next few weeks to a few months.

Mentor
    05-10-2010, 08:40 PM #57
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    dr dave, whattya think about BCRX. also extend the chart out 2 years and see what youre working with...
    Man, that's a whacky chart, not sure what to make of it!
    Is there something you like about it. These biotechs trade a little different too, major breakouts on pending drug rumors and falls the same way. Biotech rumor season is usually a little earlier in the year due to conferences.

With the craziness in the markets, I'm kind of keeping a low profile portfolio wise.

I'm working right now, but can try my best to draw a bunch of lines. Is there some rumor of something in their pipeline or something?

Mentor
    05-11-2010, 02:59 AM #58
    Seriously though, I'd really think twice about going long anything - regular stocks... thurs and fri were the same magnitude as the first 2 days of the oct 2008 decline. Sure we had an up day today on that bailout, but already futures are about 1/3 of the way down so far tonight, asia markets are cracking. Volatility is pretty high. I think it's a good time to work on other parts of the stock game.

Also, if any of you are into shorting... it's usually better to short on an upday retest or within a pattern, breakouts are two quick imo. Look for hammers on retests of breakouts. Last night a guy I know online was mentioning how he was going short at the end of today's rally... looks like it was a decent plan, had he gone short during the original freefall thurs or friday, then held over the weekend, he would have been crapping today.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 05-11-2010 at 03:02 AM.

Mentor
    05-11-2010, 09:17 AM #59
    Hey Chuck,

Hey Sandy ... Being that is where I spend far too much time these days ... The pumpers are worse, they could spin a train wreck into the benefits of recycling scrap metal.

Dean has become the Golum of PR writing and it appears from the SP that there is a serious shortage of credibility attached to his cryptic writing anymore. I am back to ... rather, becoming more skeptical every day.

KATX on the other hand ... Might have to do some shifting of assets here soon.

How about them Sharks!

Mentor
    05-11-2010, 10:16 AM #60
    Good Morning LT,

Wow, this QASP thing is very hard to swallow at the moment. But, here's my take and why I continue to add to my position. I added again this morning at .0063

QASP is a working business with revenue and growth ideas. It in a small way, reminds me of Sirius Radio. I bought all the way down as it was dropping last year. Yes, some people were laughing. They were saying bankruptcy was right around the corner. The shrub was screaming bloody murder!!!

In the end, SIRI has turned into the best investment of my lifetime. It hasn't reached it's peak yet. SIRI had a product to sell, a working business, and revenue. Just like QASP does. I say hold on tight. Add if you'd like. And watch it rise from the ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Sandy ... Being that is where I spend far too much time these days ... The pumpers are worse, they could spin a train wreck into the benefits of recycling scrap metal.

Dean has become the Golum of PR writing and it appears from the SP that there is a serious shortage of credibility attached to his cryptic writing anymore. I am back to ... rather, becoming more skeptical every day.

KATX on the other hand ... Might have to do some shifting of assets here soon.

How about them Sharks!

Page 6 of 9 ... 45678 ...