Page 3 of 9 12345 ...
    Enthusiast
    05-04-2010, 09:34 AM #21
    Ugly start for sure. Will be interesting to see where it settles out later this morning after the cowboys have gotten finished with it....

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    05-04-2010, 09:39 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Ugly start for sure. Will be interesting to see where it settles out later this morning after the cowboys have gotten finished with it....
    OK, I didnt' expect it to drop so much at the open. The whole market is dumpring right now.

I am tempted to go ahead and gamble another 500 bucks and just buy more below a penny and a half and see what happens.

Enthusiast
    05-04-2010, 10:28 AM #23
    Chuck:

Great strategy as I believe any dips are temporary. Company curiously quiet, could indicate they've got nothing to sell into the recovery.

I think your additional $500 will make you some money, I just don't have an appetite to pony up anymore funds at this time.

05-04-2010, 11:31 AM #24



Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    3 MILLION shares ... Gadzooks! How much do those candles go for anyway?

And to think I was in this subliminal contest with Andy @ 750K ... I will just have to concede ...
    LOL....and I was trying to keep up with Chuck!!!!! Sitting at 1.2m and not sure I'm going to be buying anymore. My only other holding that's green is SIRI. I saw BCLE yesterday and thought to myself if I only bought back in I would have made good $$$, I have a whopping 28 shrs...just kept it in my acct to watch.

Guru
    05-04-2010, 12:39 PM #25
    Ouch - the market is taking a thorough beating!! I'm pissed. I was cashing out on several position in case of changing monmentum, then got greedy and took a major position in TCK (metal mining). TCK has historically had some nice upward and downward moves that even a novice like me could see, but this time around, the bottom is falling out, and I'm stuck with dead money for now. It has a nice low multiple and decent financials. Something is going on, and as usual, I'll be the last to know. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

On the flip side, I did take a minor position in SPXU (3x short S&P ETF), and obviously, that is nice and green. The question is whether or not I should sell it with a respectable 10% gain, wait for more or increase my position.

Mentor
    05-04-2010, 12:52 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Ouch - the market is taking a thorough beating!! I'm pissed. I was cashing out on several position in case of changing monmentum, then got greedy and took a major position in TCK (metal mining). TCK has historically had some nice upward and downward moves that even a novice like me could see, but this time around, the bottom is falling out, and I'm stuck with dead money for now. It has a nice low multiple and decent financials. Something is going on, and as usual, I'll be the last to know. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

On the flip side, I did take a minor position in SPXU (3x short S&P ETF), and obviously, that is nice and green. The question is whether or not I should sell it with a respectable 10% gain, wait for more or increase my position.
    I say sirriusly take the 10%! That's 10% that you didn't have yesterday and if you wait you may not have it in the morning.

TCK is good. It's a bouncer, so hopefully, you'll be back up within a month or so.

Mentor
    05-04-2010, 02:43 PM #27
    The sell off in the market today is brutal.

It would be nice to have something positive and sunny to say, but I just can't think of anything

BCLE is back under a penny.

Guru
    05-04-2010, 02:44 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I say sirriusly take the 10%! That's 10% that you didn't have yesterday and if you wait you may not have it in the morning.

TCK is good. It's a bouncer, so hopefully, you'll be back up within a month or so.
    Thanks for the words of wisdom. I'm thinking of picking some more up since it is soooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooooooooooow right now.

Mentor
    05-04-2010, 11:10 PM #29
    Oh My!

We intereupt the regularly scheduled market watch thread to bring you ...

Los Tiburones!

Ah ...

Game 1 - Sharks 4 Red Wings 3
    Game 2 - Sharks 4 Red Wings 3
    Game 3 - Sharks 4 Red Wings 3

(There's a pattern developing here)

Yeah baby!

05-05-2010, 06:08 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Oh My!

We intereupt the regularly scheduled market watch thread to bring you ...

Los Tiburones!

Ah ...

Game 1 - Sharks 4 Red Wings 3
    Game 2 - Sharks 4 Red Wings 3
    Game 3 - Sharks 4 Red Wings 3

(There's a pattern developing here)

Yeah baby!

Pure luck! What do Texans know about ice anyway.

And I thought we were buds.

Julie

Page 3 of 9 12345 ...