Page 6 of 6 ... 456
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-01-2010, 11:23 PM #51
    Hey guys,

Do you find SiriusXM very repetitive? I have met a few customers lately at the car lot that said Sirius gets really repetitive and boring after awhile... It is something I have noticed lately too....

Thoughts? It is kind of a concern as an investor....

Hopeful
    Last edited by Hopeful; 05-02-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Guru
    05-02-2010, 03:19 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Osborne View Post
    John,

I understand, and know that things sometimes do get off topic. That is natural. I am just asking that people to try to respect that some are uncomfortable with the political banter. There are many "lurkers" who read the boards, but do not post because they don't want to get into that banter.

We would like to see this community grow and thrive, and simply need to make it hospitable.

I will post here on occasion, but often am doing other preparations for shows, research, etc.

So you are saying I cant goad you into posting more.

Enthusiast
    05-02-2010, 03:49 PM #53
    LOL....

I will post from time to time, but there is a fine line that I have to walk. If I am writing for the site, my posting "excessively" in the forums is somewhat inappropriate.

Professionalism, credibility, and integrity dictate that I keep to certain accepted practices and rules.

Have you seen sites where the writer on the site is in the forums cursing away, beating the drum for compliments, or begging for money? That is not what a credible writer does.

Have you seen sites where someone writes an article the runs to raging bull, yahoo, msn, or other message boards to post a link to their own story? It is not professional behavior, and erodes credibility.

Have you seen people who write for one site and go to someone elses site and posts comments? Again, unprofessional.

I do not like tooting my own horn. I do not beg people to compliment me, or to open their purse strings to send me money. I need money just like the next guy, but I will not lower myself to begging for it, and certainly wont pretend that the costs of doing what I do are massive. A site such as this is an investment of time more than money.

I write because I believe in what I am writing about, not to help a stock I have. I do not trade the equity because I want to be free from people attacking me for trading an equity I write about.

Discussions in forums can oft get to a point where a writer exposes themselves to a lot of criticism. I do not want to be a person that has to go in and delete my own posts, because they come off in a bad light.

I will participate here, but it is always in a measured way. Professionalism, integrity, and credibility are essential in this type of endeavor. I try to keep those qualities in very high regard.

Cheers

Guru
    05-02-2010, 03:56 PM #54
    Ok Ok, point taken. I guess for the same reason I like coming here, is the same reason we cant get you to post more, that is understandable I guess thats a "catch 22" we have to live with.

Guru
    05-02-2010, 04:02 PM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Hey guys,

How do you guys like your Sat Rad? Do you find it very repetitive? I have met a few customers lately at the car lot that said Sirius gets really repetitive and boring after awhile... It is something I have noticed lately too....

Hopeful

I just have to say with 120+ channels, I find it hard to think that besides were else can you go to get that kind of selection at this time. Sure for music there is Pandora but for all the rest forget it.

P.S. tell them to try the playboy channel that shit is some of the funniest crap I heard and I cant see you ever getting bored with that (have you ever heard of someone being bored with laughing). That is what you get when radio is not censored.

Addict
    05-02-2010, 08:51 PM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Hey guys,

Do you find SiriusXM very repetitive? I have met a few customers lately at the car lot that said Sirius gets really repetitive and boring after awhile... It is something I have noticed lately too....

Hopeful
    If they find Sirius boring and repetitive, I can't imagine how they find FM or their IPods ? It is human nature to get bored of anything they do or have for any period of time and that will never change. Best service out there, bar none and at a small price comparatively.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    05-03-2010, 02:22 AM #57
    Thanks guys for the replies!!! All very good points, I guess they and I need to learn to explore Sirius a little more... I dunno I guess I am not that into talk radio, I almost always listen to music channels! I listen to playboy sometimes..... I completely agree with you that FM or Ipod do not stand a chance against Sirius! I just wish they mixed up the tracks a little more!

I have been sending in my requests to my fav stations but have yet to hear them...

Page 6 of 6 ... 456