Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Guru
    04-26-2010, 11:07 AM #1

Sirius Weekly Thread for April 26

Now that the Candleman has gotten agreement from both liberals and conservatives to debate outside of a SIRI thread, it's only fitting to start a new weekly thread, no?

SIRI will definitely get 10 days; then what? What I don't foresee is this stable low volume consisitency lol.

Does anyone follow SPNG? They are suing the NY Post and Sykes for a "short and distort" campaign. Suing NSSers. Interesting concept.

Guru
    04-26-2010, 12:12 PM #2
    Hey SiriuslyLong, this is the SIRIXM thread not the market watch thread. Lets keep it on topic. Then again I see where you are going with this. I would like SIRIXM to do something simular. The street.com should be the first one in their sights.

Guru
    04-26-2010, 12:20 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Hey SiriuslyLong, this is the SIRIXM thread not the market watch thread. Lets keep it on topic. Then again I see where you are going with this. I would like SIRIXM to do something simular. The street.com should be the first one in their sights.
    Shame on me. Thanks for your excellent thread policing.

04-26-2010, 03:51 PM #4

Price jump?

So what happened about 2:45 today to cause a volume / price jump? That was a nice move.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-26-2010, 03:59 PM #5
    1.20!
    That's a beautiful sight and another new 12 month high!

GO SIRI!

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-26-2010, 04:04 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Now that the Candleman has gotten agreement from both liberals and conservatives to debate outside of a SIRI thread, it's only fitting to start a new weekly thread, no?

SIRI will definitely get 10 days; then what? What I don't foresee is this stable low volume consisitency lol.

Does anyone follow SPNG? They are suing the NY Post and Sykes for a "short and distort" campaign. Suing NSSers. Interesting concept.
    hahaha, yep I own a few million shares of the SPNG. Good company, good product, good sales.....sounds a lot like SIRI doesn't it!

I think the manipulation problems are somewhat similar. If SPNG has a positive outcome from the lawsuits, it could be a good sign for all investors in any stock.

Guru
    04-26-2010, 04:23 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by doclogic View Post
    So what happened about 2:45 today to cause a volume / price jump? That was a nice move.
    I saw that too. Can the MM's execute any bid and / or ask as they choose? If so, there's your answer. They can move it up or down trading amongst themselves. People have complained about manipulation in the past.

10 days is a done deal. DONE DEAL! Nice. Now what?

Guru
    04-26-2010, 05:31 PM #8
    I would say the best thing about that move was the spike in volume. That as everyone knows means that the PPS is in a stronger position. I think we see a move to the up sidfe in general until the CC then we get the pull back but by that time the pull back will look more like the PPS of today then being at a dollar.

I also saw Tylers article that said the call is in and many think a million OEM run rate this month. We all know what that will mean it means at least 100,000 sub gain this month alone. Man if I did not know any better I would say we are looking like the old days of subscriber growth. If they can just keep up anything close to that kind of run rate then this quarter could see anywhere from 250,000 to 350,000 sub gain. That also is not including SIRIXMs big (ok semi big) month of retail sales for Fathers day. I am now in the camp that if those kinds of numbers come in then Mel will have to revise his number much sooner then the 3rd quarter CC (most likely in the 2nd quarter CC). Lets face it there is no way he can keep it at 500,000 with them already having about 470,000 subs this year. I would just caution people what happens when this many subs come in to the roles this fast, the cost to SIRIXM gos way up. You will have to temper those numbers with the fact of that kind of sub gain.

So if that kind of run rate Tyler talked about comes in I would expect a big jump in the PPS. Lets face it the analyst also know what that will mean to the roles as much as we do.

Mentor
    04-26-2010, 06:34 PM #9

Greg Maffei quote from March 2009

During Liberty's fourth-quarter conference call with analysts, Maffei spoke excitedly of the possibility of turning Sirius XM's excess spectrum into a mobile video platform for DirecTV: "The great dream, perhaps, is that you have ... 150 audio channels on one consolidated Sirius XM platform that only consumed [half] of the spectrum, and [the other half] becomes therefore available for mobile video. That would be a great intersection of where the skills of Sirius XM and DirecTV reside."

Mentor
    04-26-2010, 06:35 PM #10

Mel's thoughts on that?

Asked about Maffei's musings, Karmazin doesn't want to be pinned down. "We could also have 130 more audio channels," Karmazin says. "We could go to Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) and say, 'Hey, Wal-Mart, how would you like to have a channel that's just for you?' We could say, 'Hey, Mormon Church. How would you like to have a channel?'

Page 1 of 6 123 ...