Page 2 of 2 12
    07-09-2016, 04:54 AM #11

Sirius a la carte plan is a scam

I had the exact same problem with the a la carte subscription. I bought the starmate radio specifically because I could get the a la carte subscription with that radio only (had I known better I would have bought a cheaper radio). I call sirius to switch plans and they said it isnt available with my radio. After I ask them to check with their supervisor they return and tell me they made a mistake and that I just have to do it online. I hang up and go online but it isnt an subscription option in the drop down menu under my account.
    So I call them again and ask them again about it, they say the a la carte plan doesnt exist (it clearly states this plan on the website and in the instructions you get with the radio). Again, i ask them to check with their superior and he returns to the call saying he made a mistake I just have to go online to switch the account. I explain that I cant, and then ask him to transfer me to someone who could walk me through it. 20 minutes later he says he cant transfer me to anyone, cant solve my problem, and is going to diconnect the call. At this point I have been on the phone for an hour and then wants to hang up on me!? I am livid! I request to speak to a manager and is put on hold for another 20 minutes and no one answers.

Seems to me that this is a scam to buy a more expensive radio for a plan that doesnt actually exist. Never again will I purchase anything from this company nor will I recommend it to anyone.

07-09-2016, 04:57 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Wow, I've activated more than 6 radio's without an issue. Because one broke, I had to replace it. It wasn't a pleasant experience. SIRI tried to charge me a transfer fee - I'd told them to "f" in a polite way. I've been a subscriber for 6 years now; they aren't going to pump me for miscellanous fees. They "waived" them, but it took some time. Thankfully, the gal I spoke with spoke good english.
    That is a surprise.. Seems like everyone I attempt to talk to at sirius cant understand me, nor I them.

Page 2 of 2 12