Page 3 of 4 1234
    Guru
    04-26-2010, 01:34 PM #21
    OK boys and girl, I told you before about this gem but the two articles out just confirms what I said before what DSX would do with all that extra money they were not giving to shareholders as dividends.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Diana-....html?x=0&.v=1

Now what you will have seen is that DSX is getting set up for, is major future growth. What you should notice in the last two links is the dwt of the ships the cost to pruchase and then the rate they are getting for the much smaller dwt Panamax ship. Here let me break it down for you. They are now getting 25,000 per day (it cost about 5,000 per day to run that ship) or revenue of 17.3 million for 23 months that will yeild a profit of 13.84 million for the 23 months. Next is the cost of the next 2 ships they are buying. That cost is 59 million per ship those ships are almost 3 times the size of the Panamax ship they just signed contracts for. Now while the rate is not 3 times the panamax ship it is about twice as much and the cost to run it is only about 6,500 per day. What that means is that if they can get the same rates of today in 2012 when they are delivered then they will get about 28 million in 2 years, that means in less then 4 year they will have already paid for those ships and all the rest is profit (the average age of that type of ship is 25 years).

This is not a short term play it is a long term one that will yeild huge profits in the end if you buy at this price, although I think a pull back may happen from its present PPS.

discloser: I own alot of this company. I am long on it.
    Last edited by john; 04-26-2010 at 01:39 PM.

04-26-2010, 02:46 PM #22

Nice!!!!

Cloudy and 43 here in Anchorage, Alaska!!!!

At least it's not snowing 

I'll keep an eye out on DSX for a pullback!!!! Whatever happened to OCNF, never did rebound much from the .70's.

Mentor
    04-27-2010, 12:18 AM #23
    Hey Andy...haven't seen you here in awhile. Yes you always have something good to say. hell...just post pics of the 2nd most beautiful place on earth...besides Texas LOL.

Calling Bill...Hey Bill...if you are lurking around here...pop in and say hello every once in a while!

SiriusXM- day 9 in the books...Look for a gap up in PM followed by Ford CC at 9am. Could be a fun ride for the next couple of weeks!

JS

Mentor
    04-27-2010, 03:04 AM #24
    Ok, been a while on these... I actually trade a few other peoples accounts, one is my moms. She isn't supposed to meddle with it as long as I'm making money. The other day, for whatever reason, she logs in (note, she pays no attention to the stocks in general), sees this stock called "s" "i" "r" "i" that I bought her at 0.42, and figures, without even looking at a chart, that it's gone high enough and sells it on thursday.

Which prompted me to have to look at the SIRI charts and see if I should buy them back. Of course, she doesn't tell me about her "great trade" until saturday! Now, I had to decide where to go in, how much, etc. as according to the rules, I have to treat it like a new trade, and of course, I sleep all day, so it wouldn't be until afternoon today for me to see if the stock rallied out of the pennant to make new highs, which are good to buy on, on the 10day + android catalyst. Good lord.

So..... as usual, these charts are months old, in fact, some if not all are a year old, but I just keep extending the original lines.... which so far have been pretty damn useful.

First is monthly

I figure there is more upside, I'm looking for price to stall on the upper trendline of this monthly chart. Funny to note, had anyone been using said chart, they coulda woulda shoulda sold all there shit a long time ago, and bought on the buy mark at 0.05... coulda woulda shoulda... the first chart is king for hindsight TA, lol. I didn't start looking at siri after the first mention at $4, until after that 0.05 mark though, so missed the coulda woulda, lol.

Second is just a daily, again, just extended the old lines....

at least this chart is in an uptrend. I just posted this, cause I found it funny that 3 days ago on this chart we see a hammer, which is usually a reversal sign, and that the hammer rests as a perfect retest of this old ass line. Nothing more to day other than someone must be using these things.

Mentor
    04-27-2010, 03:18 AM #25
    Now my bread and butter chart...

this one is coming or is a year old... again, just extended the lines, and made some new arrows showing how price rides support and resistance. A long time ago, I noted that 0.70 is going to be tough to break... that was a triple resistance line. I got a lot of flack, but in the end, that thing was a barrier from aug 2009 to jan 2010 (old blue arrows), despite how the price was going to blow right past it, yadda yadda.

after that, we hit a price support line at about 0.80, shot past to the 1.08/1.10 double resistance and back down to the 0.80 line. Today, we got a nice clearance of that area, using a combined pennant/cup and handle, with a decent pure white candle close on decent volume.

The next line is 1.25, but it's pretty minor. The next triple threat is the 1.50 area. This one is nasty, because it's a triple resistance line - ie. multiple types of resistance, and its a round number... so make it a quadruple. Hopefully, the price will be drawn to it... I can't remember which great trader used to trade as stocks approached such lines, but he was a firm believer in the price being drawn to these lines... what also makes this line a little special is...

go back to the monthly chart and look where the likely meeting point of price and the upper trendline is???? you got it... so it could be a quintuple.

Anyway, to make a long story longer... I didn't buy it all back early in the day. I only bought 6/10 of it, so the 40% I didn't buy we will consider a scale out. I also waited until the price rose, yup, rose before getting in, just to confirm that the catalyst was in effect (it's bad when price doesn't respond to news) and that the candle/cup/pennant TA would be confirmed... so yes, instead of 1.11 or so, I got her back in at 1.17.

I hope the tea leaf reading works... anyway, since she's out getting a long term tax break now, she may only be in to 1.48, lol.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-27-2010, 08:56 AM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Now my bread and butter chart...

this one is coming or is a year old... again, just extended the lines, and made some new arrows showing how price rides support and resistance. A long time ago, I noted that 0.70 is going to be tough to break... that was a triple resistance line. I got a lot of flack, but in the end, that thing was a barrier from aug 2009 to jan 2010 (old blue arrows), despite how the price was going to blow right past it, yadda yadda.

after that, we hit a price support line at about 0.80, shot past to the 1.08/1.10 double resistance and back down to the 0.80 line. Today, we got a nice clearance of that area, using a combined pennant/cup and handle, with a decent pure white candle close on decent volume.

The next line is 1.25, but it's pretty minor. The next triple threat is the 1.50 area. This one is nasty, because it's a triple resistance line - ie. multiple types of resistance, and its a round number... so make it a quadruple. Hopefully, the price will be drawn to it... I can't remember which great trader used to trade as stocks approached such lines, but he was a firm believer in the price being drawn to these lines... what also makes this line a little special is...

go back to the monthly chart and look where the likely meeting point of price and the upper trendline is???? you got it... so it could be a quintuple.

Anyway, to make a long story longer... I didn't buy it all back early in the day. I only bought 6/10 of it, so the 40% I didn't buy we will consider a scale out. I also waited until the price rose, yup, rose before getting in, just to confirm that the catalyst was in effect (it's bad when price doesn't respond to news) and that the candle/cup/pennant TA would be confirmed... so yes, instead of 1.11 or so, I got her back in at 1.17.

I hope the tea leaf reading works... anyway, since she's out getting a long term tax break now, she may only be in to 1.48, lol.
    Thanks for the as usual excellent charting Dave.

Mentor
    04-27-2010, 11:24 AM #27

Qasp

hmmmm
    QASP is at one penny right now. That's lower than it's been in over 6 months and it's rapidly approaching it's 52 week low of .009
    The question is....Is this the time to load the boat even more??? Or, have we really all been fooled and this isn't going anywhere?

Mentor
    04-28-2010, 04:17 AM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    OK boys and girl, I told you before about this gem but the two articles out just confirms what I said before what DSX would do with all that extra money they were not giving to shareholders as dividends.

Now what you will have seen is that DSX is getting set up for, is major future growth. What you should notice in the last two links is the dwt of the ships the cost to pruchase and then the rate they are getting for the much smaller dwt Panamax ship. Here let me break it down for you. They are now getting 25,000 per day (it cost about 5,000 per day to run that ship) or revenue of 17.3 million for 23 months that will yeild a profit of 13.84 million for the 23 months. Next is the cost of the next 2 ships they are buying. That cost is 59 million per ship those ships are almost 3 times the size of the Panamax ship they just signed contracts for. Now while the rate is not 3 times the panamax ship it is about twice as much and the cost to run it is only about 6,500 per day. What that means is that if they can get the same rates of today in 2012 when they are delivered then they will get about 28 million in 2 years, that means in less then 4 year they will have already paid for those ships and all the rest is profit (the average age of that type of ship is 25 years).

This is not a short term play it is a long term one that will yeild huge profits in the end if you buy at this price, although I think a pull back may happen from its present PPS.

discloser: I own alot of this company. I am long on it.

Thanks for the heads up on DSX, always liked that stock. Chart is in a good spot too!

Mentor
    04-28-2010, 08:23 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    hmmmm
    QASP is at one penny right now. That's lower than it's been in over 6 months and it's rapidly approaching it's 52 week low of .009
    The question is....Is this the time to load the boat even more??? Or, have we really all been fooled and this isn't going anywhere?
    Think they (MM's) are playing games here with it, it ended up bouncing back fairly well ... Didn't have the reserves to re-load, was tempted to part with some SIRI gains and thought the better of it, becoming more convinced to let these simmer for awhile. My best hope is to unload some of the other dogs that have taken over the yard but, being strays they really don't pay any attention to me

This thing, to me, feels like the end of a funnel ... 'Any day' now has pretty much become less the ongoing mantra and really the reality.

On another, sideways note ... Was tooling about the Sin-a-bar site, looking for some bit's on SKGO and had been curious since a few of their 'companies' were rumored to be not trading due to late filings ... In the John McEnroe vein of "You can't be serious!" comes this little tid bit ...

In a clever attempt to be cute, they have a 'ticker' running with the symbols spelling out, for instance: REAL-80% ... CORP- 75% ... GOPBLC-100% ... FREE-80% etc. and then are kind enough to add, just below it ...

(If you don't feel like deciphering the above ticker tape it says "real corp go public free. beware investors hub sucks, fight back report stock bashers, kill short sellers, ceos register your company free with MMMG")

It caught my attention originally, seeing the symbol KILL, further on, HUB followed by SUX ... At which point good ol' Mac took over my brain!

You just can't compete with this level of professionalism and integrity ...

Mentor
    04-28-2010, 08:47 AM #30
    Compete??? I can't even figure out what it means! LOL

QASP is truly either a really bad scam or it's gonna be a great investment. I couldn't control myself when it slipped to a penny....so I added another 200K shares.
    I've done fine with this stock just swing trading it. But, I really expect that one of these days, news will pop and so with the share price. If the tales are true. There is no reason that this shouldn't be a 5 or 10 cent stock in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Think they (MM's) are playing games here with it, it ended up bouncing back fairly well ... Didn't have the reserves to re-load, was tempted to part with some SIRI gains and thought the better of it, becoming more convinced to let these simmer for awhile. My best hope is to unload some of the other dogs that have taken over the yard but, being strays they really don't pay any attention to me

This thing, to me, feels like the end of a funnel ... 'Any day' now has pretty much become less the ongoing mantra and really the reality.

On another, sideways note ... Was tooling about the Sin-a-bar site, looking for some bit's on SKGO and had been curious since a few of their 'companies' were rumored to be not trading due to late filings ... In the John McEnroe vein of "You can't be serious!" comes this little tid bit ...

In a clever attempt to be cute, they have a 'ticker' running with the symbols spelling out, for instance: REAL-80% ... CORP- 75% ... GOPBLC-100% ... FREE-80% etc. and then are kind enough to add, just below it ...

(If you don't feel like deciphering the above ticker tape it says "real corp go public free. beware investors hub sucks, fight back report stock bashers, kill short sellers, ceos register your company free with MMMG")

It caught my attention originally, seeing the symbol KILL, further on, HUB followed by SUX ... At which point good ol' Mac took over my brain!

You just can't compete with this level of professionalism and integrity ...

Page 3 of 4 1234