Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Mentor
    04-20-2010, 12:02 AM #1

Market Watch April 19th-23rd

WTF- where the hell is everybody...no posts since last Thurs!

Julietoo...where are you...
    Dr. Dave, LT, Alaska Guy, Candleman...anyone out there!

JS

04-20-2010, 06:00 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    WTF- where the hell is everybody...no posts since last Thurs!

Julietoo...where are you...
    Dr. Dave, LT, Alaska Guy, Candleman...anyone out there!

JS
    Hi Jeff and Market Watch Gang,

I noiced the same thing yesterday, no posts. Figured because
    I don't know what I am doing this side of town, I wouldn't start the weekly
    post.

Come out to play, boys.

Julie

04-20-2010, 01:40 PM #3

Justice

Okay, Ms. Too.

Goldman CEO to Perform Community Service as Treasury Secretary
    ‘Will Do Less Harm’ in New Post, Says Treasury Spokesperson

NEW YORK (The Borowitz Report) – In a settlement of the government’s securities fraud case against Goldman Sachs, the bank’s CEO, Lloyd Blankfein, has agreed to perform two years of community service as Treasury Secretary of the United States.

At a press conference in New York, Mr. Blankfein said that as Treasury Secretary he would “continue to do God’s work as I did at Goldman, but at a significant pay cut.”

A Treasury Dept. spokesperson said that by performing community service as Treasury Secretary, Mr. Blankfein will be able to do less harm to the economy because he will have significantly less power than he had as Chairman of Goldman.

His experience at Goldman, however, will be “invaluable” in his new role as Treasury Secretary, the spokesperson said: “Lloyd Blankfein’s years of marketing worthless securities have prepared him for the important task of selling Treasuries to the Chinese.”

Mr. Blankfein is the latest in a long line of Goldman chairmen to serve as Treasury Secretary, although he is believed to be the first to do so while wearing an electronic ankle bracelet.

Mentor
    04-22-2010, 05:46 AM #4
    LOL,

I'm still around, I've been just a little busy, and seems like we are all trading different stuff... I'm mainly swing/pattern trading the OTCBB and listed stocks in the $1-5 range. Looking at gold stocks again at the moment. I'm also thinking if PAL has an up day tomorrow, it could be good to go, they did some weird share selling yesterday, but that may put a floor on it. Palladium futures are rocking right now. Also looking at NSU again, made some decent coin on that earlier in the year, if it pops over $3, I might pop back in, provided gold chugs a little. Lately gold has been riding with the dollar, so if stocks tank a little, gold should rise, we'll maybe. I've kind of been just trading random breakouts, so it's been a while since I watched various markets and commodities. My account has been kind of a flat past few weeks though. Also looking for shorts, keeping an eye on the frontrunners, seeing what they do, saw YHOO down, AAPL up, etc.

Still haven't done anything with my laptop, but resurrected my older one, still runs great, and I think it's 5-7 years old, fast as it was last time I used it, but I had dropped it on concrete on the corner, so snapped a hinge off - and within the hinge are the wires that power the screen, but it's still rocking and the other hinge is strong enough that I can adjust the screen at any angle.

Mentor
    04-22-2010, 05:52 AM #5
    Also, I had posted a bunch of picks from my fundamental screens, and had drawn out some entry points, I did it again last month, and both times there were a lot of lucrative breakouts. If anyone is interested, I can do it again, but if noone pipes up, I'll save myself from the hassle. Haven't looked at any pennies really, just trying to keep the accounts up on a monthly basis these days. No more gambling, lol. Jan, Feb, and Mar I did great, I think I have to make something happen here for Apr. Well, for full disclosure, I had a loss in Jan, but that was because I did my crazy options deal, but I have given that up and decided it;s only the swing trading stocks now. So if I removed those 2 gambles I'd be up.

Mentor
    04-22-2010, 05:54 AM #6
    Ok, I just looked at my daily logs, I'm down $100.15 for this month, so the goal is from here to the end to make $100.16 minimum. I think I can do it

Mentor
    04-22-2010, 08:56 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Ok, I just looked at my daily logs, I'm down $100.15 for this month, so the goal is from here to the end to make $100.16 minimum. I think I can do it
    The way I measure it is against the remaining SIRI gains ... If it wasn't for those, shoot most days even with those ...

But it's all good. The great "Q" is going to pay dividends ... just about any day now. Upped my stake again on the 40% off sale last week, watch out Andy I am creeping up on ya! In all honesty, glad I stuck with it, the amount of Cybil like skepticism and flip flopping has abated significantly, but it doesn't hurt that my avg. has shrunk to more manageable levels as well ...

Missed the IVOI run, kept it on the watch list and fortunately never took the dive in. KATX I still like a great deal, will keep these parked and if things time out nicely, will throw another chunk out of the "Q" retirement fund at it.

MMUH - Avg. down yesterday as it had it's own little private sales day. Can't get any response from their IR people ... It was interesting enough that the volume had about doubled for seemingly no reason. More interesting and curious ... On L2, it showed my 'buy' in red, even though it was at the ask (it was slow enough at the time to recognize as it posted to my account) - The subsequent trades afterward showed a similar pattern ... Hmmm ...

CSLI - Cheap. Quiet. It has a pulse ...

SKGO - Buyback ... Something about things always reminds me of "Good intentions pave the path to ...."

CCTC - Left these in simmer mode. Not a lot in it but decent prospects going forward. They just had a ad\article in Business Week and now something is coming up in Fortune ... More "Q" winnings for this possibly.

Hope everyone is well. AWOL Bill, Julie 2, et. al ...

Enthusiast
    04-22-2010, 09:26 AM #8

the great Q

Hey Tib:

I've been lurking since last summer and this forum has gotten eerily quiet. Guess the drama of the meltdown has subsided and folks are back to work making money.

I, like you have hung in there with Qasp. My gut has told me that there's something there. Are you in for the long haul or a short term pop and move on?

Just curious the hear everyone's thoughts on Q.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    The way I measure it is against the remaining SIRI gains ... If it wasn't for those, shoot most days even with those ...

But it's all good. The great "Q" is going to pay dividends ... just about any day now. Upped my stake again on the 40% off sale last week, watch out Andy I am creeping up on ya! In all honesty, glad I stuck with it, the amount of Cybil like skepticism and flip flopping has abated significantly, but it doesn't hurt that my avg. has shrunk to more manageable levels as well ...

Missed the IVOI run, kept it on the watch list and fortunately never took the dive in. KATX I still like a great deal, will keep these parked and if things time out nicely, will throw another chunk out of the "Q" retirement fund at it.

MMUH - Avg. down yesterday as it had it's own little private sales day. Can't get any response from their IR people ... It was interesting enough that the volume had about doubled for seemingly no reason. More interesting and curious ... On L2, it showed my 'buy' in red, even though it was at the ask (it was slow enough at the time to recognize as it posted to my account) - The subsequent trades afterward showed a similar pattern ... Hmmm ...

CSLI - Cheap. Quiet. It has a pulse ...

SKGO - Buyback ... Something about things always reminds me of "Good intentions pave the path to ...."

CCTC - Left these in simmer mode. Not a lot in it but decent prospects going forward. They just had a ad\article in Business Week and now something is coming up in Fortune ... More "Q" winnings for this possibly.

Hope everyone is well. AWOL Bill, Julie 2, et. al ...

04-22-2010, 11:20 AM #9
    Hey Dr. Dave and Tib,

Bout time you guys showed up! Here we are at the end of the week already. I had to start the weekly thread, nobody was jumping in.

Julie

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-22-2010, 04:10 PM #10
    Hey Julie and the gang.

I'm still here, just very busy with my company expansion.

I'm still loving QASP. Bought 200K for .0108 the other day and sold them first thing this morning for .0135. A quick few hundred bucks! I truly think QASP is a great long term play. I am holding a base of a million shares that I've averaged down to .014. I'll not let those go until at least a nickle.

Sprint has been huge for me also. It's up over 25% in the last 6 weeks. That's a regular move for this company and much profit can be made by buying it everytime that it hits below 3.25

SIRI has been another excellent play lately.

GOIP has been huge too. You really ought to check it out!

So, I'm still here!!!!

And by the way Julie, it's 67 and sunny at the beach today!

Chuck

Page 1 of 4 123 ...