04-12-2010, 09:37 PM #1

Ready to Pull the Plug on Sirius

I have an '08 M-B S550 with a factory installed sat. radio. It has worked perfectly until 4 April when it "magically" began a Sirius update. I spent over 90 minutes on the phone talking to the call center in India trying to restore my service. (I receive 5 channels 216-220...that's it.) Finally, in desperation I sent an email. I have been told that Sirius is aware of a problem with factory installed satellite radios in M-B vehicles and that I should "check back" to see what happens with a fix. Incredible. I have Sirius in three radios (one other M-B and one in my house). I've been a customer for about 6 years and it it MY responsibility to restore my service once they have a fix for my car. All of you would get a laugh if you read the two emails I've received from their Customer Service people. It seems as if their attitude is, "if you didn't have a Sirius radio in your Mercedes Benz you wouldn't be having this problem." Very disappointed.

04-13-2010, 08:30 AM #2

Join the club

I also have an '08 S550. On April 4 I lost Sirius during a programming update (along witha bunch of friends who also have Mercedes) and it took five phone calls to Sirius before I finally gave up and cancelled. They kept trying to send an activation signal. The final straw was when they told me to open passenger and driver doors and start the car (with the doors open) while they sent a hard reset signal; it didnt work and they decided to tell me it wasnt their fault and that it was a Mercedes problem (despuite the fact that they admitted it was a Ford and Mercedes OEM radio issue earlier). So i cancelled, and they actually gave me a credit for the whole year rather than prorating it. These guys must be ready to crash and burn...

04-24-2010, 07:53 PM #3

Solution to Mercedes Sirius April 10 Issue

After three weeks of torture, I have two useful suggestions ( I have A 08 E350). (1) call the following phone number 1-800-869-5364 (you get a north america person who listens and generally has a relative clue) and (2) downgrade the service to sirius everything. this worked for me after 3 weeks AND many hours of torture. Also, I think the dealer needs to up the telamatics software to have Best of XM work ( no one seems to know this). Sirius is by far the worst customer service operation I have ever dealt with; the people have absolutely no clue.

04-25-2010, 08:00 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Visconsi View Post
    After three weeks of torture, I have two useful suggestions ( I have A 08 E350). (1) call the following phone number 1-800-869-5364 (you get a north america person who listens and generally has a relative clue) and (2) downgrade the service to sirius everything. this worked for me after 3 weeks AND many hours of torture. Also, I think the dealer needs to up the telamatics software to have Best of XM work ( no one seems to know this). Sirius is by far the worst customer service operation I have ever dealt with; the people have absolutely no clue.
    I also had the same problem in my 2010 GL450. That stupid update on 4/4 and I haven't had Sirius for 3 weeks, talk about torture. Thanks for the number, I'm going to call and rip them a new asshole, this is bullshit. And of course my dealer doesn't know what's going on, they say that all theirs are working fine. UGHHHH