Page 18 of 20 ... 81617181920
    Guru
    04-25-2010, 11:41 AM #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    So a PROGRESSIVE Republican has been Senator in SOUTH CAROLINA for how many years? You are truly a dumbass twit. LOL.
    I would call McCain a moderate Republican and i really hope he loses. He has lost his moral compass and might as well be replaced by someone who truly believes what he says.

I am all for true right wingers replacing the moderates in the Republican party. That allow for a real honest debate on the issues.

Look you twit McCain is a progressive republican in AZ it is the samething. Or are you going to now try and say McCain is not a progressive or AZ is not conservative. There is example after example of people that should have been thrown out long ago. Kennedy should have been tossed after he ran his car off a bridge and let that women die but he was reelected, Byrd should have been gone long ago and what party is he in and what state is he from again???? Democrat and West Virgina I believe, so what was your point about Lindsey Graham again.

Thats right I would be more then happy to have a debate on conservative issues against liberial ones any day of the week.

Humm hows that; I believe in abortion but am against the death penaty debate going for you. So lets see here, Kill the innocent but save the killers, that makes alot of sense doesn't.

Humm hows that; lets hold back drilling for our own oil and let Cuba drill in the very same areas we are holding our own companies back from. Offshore drilling is bad!!!!!! Here Brazil is 3 billion to drill off shore.

The Kennedys: We should all be for wind power, Opps just make sure it is nowhere near (even MORE THEN ten miles away) from our properties.

Humm hows that; I want to win the war but we are out of there at this date and time.

Guru
    04-25-2010, 11:48 AM #172
    Did anyone notice what a goddamn chicken hawk this guy John is?

Too afraid to back up his own position with facts and figures.

I ask him for months to tell me when pure hydrogen cars will make up !% of the sales in this country and he avoids answering every time. What a goddamn wuss. Just too scared to even put down on paper anything that will committ himself to backing up his big talk.

He seems to be following in Mr. Cheney's footsteps. They just like to talk big but got nothing to back it up. By the way wasnt Cheney that guy who also said "deficits dont matter". LMFAO.

Dumbass, anyone that has followed this debate has seen me tell you several times already the samething as the car companies have said themselves. "That they do not have the technology to get MPG that high and will not for at least 20 years and that any forcing of it any faster will cause the price of cars to go up and put them in a position of going out of businiess."

Guru
    04-25-2010, 12:00 PM #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    I’ll end with the final paragraph of the Nature editorial from back in December:

In the end, what the UEA e-mails really show is that scientists are human beings — and that unrelenting opposition to their work can goad them to the limits of tolerance, and tempt them to act in ways that undermine scientific values. Yet it is precisely in such circumstances that researchers should strive to act and communicate professionally, and make their data and methods available to others, lest they provide their worst critics with ammunition. After all, the pressures the UEA e-mailers experienced may be nothing compared with what will emerge as the United States debates a climate bill next year, and denialists use every means at their disposal to undermine trust in scientists and science.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu90_BN...st-phil-jones/

Wikipedia

Philip D. Jones (born 1952) is a climatologist at the University of East Anglia, where he works as a Professor in the School of Environmental Sciences. Jones holds a BA in Environmental Sciences from the University of Lancaster, and an MSc and PhD from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne.

His research interests include instrumental climate change, palaeoclimatology, detection of climate change and the extension of riverflow records in the UK. He has also published papers on the temperature record of the past 1000 years.

He is notable for maintaining the time series of the instrumental temperature record.[1] This work was featured prominently in both the 2001 and 2007 IPCC reports, where he was a contributing author to Chapter 12, Detection of Climate Change and Attribution of Causes, of the Third Assessment Report[2] and a Coordinating Lead Author of Chapter 3, Observations: Surface and Atmospheric Climate Change, of the AR4.[3]

He headed the UEA's Climatic Research Unit jointly with Jean Palutikof from 1998-2004 and by himself from 2004.[4] He temporarily stepped aside from this position in November 2009 following a controversy over e-mails which hackers acquired and published.[5] The House of Commons' Science and Technology Select Committee inquiry concluded that there was no case against Jones for him to answer, and said he should be reinstated in his post.[6]

He is an ISI highly cited researcher.[7]

The March 20th -26th cover story of The Economist, “Spin, science and climate change,” deftly bypasses the politics surrounding ‘climategate’, to tackle the more important issue: whether any of this has any bearing on climate change science and policy. This is a refreshing bit of journalism that everyone should read.

This is, below, a post after the article. How true it is.

I know someone, a nonscientist and “skeptic,” who read the Economist piece and *only* took away, as truth, the few things that Eric notes as errors — for example, the misunderstanding that IPCC forecasts have that huge 1.1-6.4 degree uncertainty; that climate data were hidden; and so forth.

I’m learning not to underestimate how powerfully people can filter information, so they assimilate only those bits they believe confirm their prejudices

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...ot-disappoint/

The Oxburgh report on the science done at the CRU has now been published and….. as in the first inquiry, they find no scientific misconduct, no impropriety and no tailoring of the results to a preconceived agenda, though they do suggest more statisticians should have been involved. They have also some choice words to describe the critics.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...quiry-reports/

"UN climate change panel based claims on student dissertation and magazine article"

"The United Nations' expert panel on climate change based claims about ice disappearing from the world's mountain tops on a student's dissertation and an article in a mountaineering magazine."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...e-article.html

"UN climate change claims on rainforests were wrong, study suggests
    The United Nations' climate change panel is facing fresh criticism after new research contradicted the organisation's claims about the devastating effect climate change could have on the Amazon rainforest. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...-suggests.html

"Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing
    * There has been no global warming since 1995 (15 years)
    * Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Professor Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as it should be'

The academic at the centre of the ‘Climategate’ affair, whose raw data is crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble ‘keeping track’ of the information.

Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers.

Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be’.

The data is crucial to the famous ‘hockey stick graph’ used by climate change advocates to support the theory.

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that there are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made.

Professor Jones has been in the spotlight since he stepped down as director of the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit after the leaking of emails that sceptics claim show scientists were manipulating data.

The raw data, collected from hundreds of weather stations around the world and analysed by his unit, has been used for years to bolster efforts by the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to press governments to cut carbon dioxide emissions.

Following the leak of the emails, Professor Jones has been accused of ‘scientific fraud’ for allegedly deliberately suppressing information and refusing to share vital data with critics.

Discussing the interview, the BBC’s environmental analyst Roger Harrabin said he had spoken to colleagues of Professor Jones who had told him that his strengths included integrity and doggedness but not record-keeping and office tidying.

Mr Harrabin, who conducted the interview for the BBC’s website, said the professor had been collating tens of thousands of pieces of data from around the world to produce a coherent record of temperature change.

That material has been used to produce the ‘hockey stick graph’ which is relatively flat for centuries before rising steeply in recent decades.

According to Mr Harrabin, colleagues of Professor Jones said ‘his office is piled high with paper, fragments from over the years, tens of thousands of pieces of paper, and they suspect what happened was he took in the raw data to a central database and then let the pieces of paper go because he never realised that 20 years later he would be held to account over them’.

Asked by Mr Harrabin about these issues, Professor Jones admitted the lack of organisation in the system had contributed to his reluctance to share data with critics, which he regretted.

But he denied he had cheated over the data or unfairly influenced the scientific process, and said he still believed recent temperature rises were predominantly man-made.

Asked about whether he lost track of data, Professor Jones said: ‘There is some truth in that. We do have a trail of where the weather stations have come from but it’s probably not as good as it should be.

‘There’s a continual updating of the dataset. Keeping track of everything is difficult. Some countries will do lots of checking on their data then issue improved data, so it can be very difficult. We have improved but we have to improve more.’

He also agreed that there had been two periods which experienced similar warming, from 1910 to 1940 and from 1975 to 1998, but said these could be explained by natural phenomena whereas more recent warming could not."

Here people I will give you some common sense and let you make up your own minds. Listen who here thinks any research or data on proving the "big bang" theory was just tossed and forgotten. Well then I got news for you it is all kept. There is not one legitimate scientist that just throws away ANY data that proves his theory, NOT FRICKING ONE. In any other science this man would have been shunned by the rest of the scientist in that field for doing anything he has said he has done, that is a fact.

Also I do not call an investigation done by people that actually believe in man made global warming and benefit by the taxes collected an unbias look into what was done, some would say, that is like letting the fox guard the chickens.
    Last edited by john; 04-25-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Guru
    04-25-2010, 12:13 PM #174
    continued:

"Global Warming shocker! Climategate scientist admits no warming since 1995"

By: Mark Tapscott
    Editorial Page Editor
    02/14/10 8:58 AM EST

"Professor Phil Jones of Britain's University of East Anglia has admitted in an interview with the BBC that there has been no statistically significant warming in the earth's atmospheric temperatures since 1995, according to London's Daily Mail.

"Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon. And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming."

The link has an update (you can make up your own minds):

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/op...-84337497.html

Guru
    04-25-2010, 12:21 PM #175
    We all know that hybrids and electrics are a small but burgeoning market. You keep driving your big gas guzzling car and will see if you start crying to mommy when gas prices go up. Look at the Ford lineup and where they expect to make their money in the future and then maybe you will understand how the world of autos is changing.
    The point,just Sirius, is that Hybrids come in all sizes and shapes. In 10 years and then 20 years you wont be belittling them as you seem to want to do now.
    Grow up and look to the future. Go to the car shows all around the world and get the facts on what automobile companies are planning for the future. That is if you care about facts.

I certainly hope the Dems pass financial reform, energy legislation, immigration legislation and more. i love the use of the word "ram" and BS. I quess you fell in love with Republican talking points instead of thinking for yourself. In the good ole days (as far back as 2 years ago) they use to call passing legislation part of the Democratic process. Boy how you love to demonstrate
    a blind obedience to HYPOCRISY.

I am much less worried about the little guy under this administration then i was in the Bush/Cheney administration. The middle class was killed (no growth in wages and earning power in 8 years) under Bush. Just look at the statistics. We finally have someone willing to take on the top !%. I quess you are for repeal of the Bush tax cuts for the richest top !% in order to help the middle class then huh? Your not? Well, well, how quickly you showed your stripes. Even Warren Buffett, Bill Gates and a whole slew of wealthy individuals understand they have been getting away with murder and support that repeal.
    You aint for the little guy. No way. No how.

Your not going to seriously tell me that health care costs rose only by level of inlflation in the past 8 years are you? Only a dumbass twit would try to argue that and you know those are words i dont particularly like to use.

Once again let me provide with the facts. Bush/Cheney were in office for 8 years. During the first 6 years they controlled the House and the Senate. Bush vetoed NOTHING. Do you understand nothing? . Just imagine what you would be saying if Obama had 6 years of that kind of power. In the last 2 years of Bush/Cheney the Dems controlled the Congress (only for part of that time in the Senate and with a much closer vote then exists now) Bush vetoed legislation he didnt like and passed legislation he liked. That means Mr Just Sirius that Bush effectively had his way for the past 8 years. To argue otherwise is to stick your head in the sand. Bush gave us runaway deficits and the 2nd worst recession in our history, and he did nothing about fixing any of the important issues we face in this country. In fact he messed it all up. Obviously the deficit has increased under Obama. Some of that ,if you want to know facts, had to do with Bush policies and the other part to do with Obama policies that most ecoonomists agree had to be carried out to dig us out of the hole Bush created. Give him 8 years and lets see where we are. Then you can talk.
    i would like to give Obama 8 years to make his mark on this country and watch as those policies positively affect us for the followinig 10 to 20. Only time will tell what will happen. If Republicans take control of the Congress in 2010 so be it. I cant wait to you blame them for all the ills of this country. LMFAO

P.S. The Republicans have laid down for the big banks and big corporations and said **** you to the little guy.

Humm I like how he doesn't put up Obama stats so far: So I will for him under Obama MORE people have been collecting food stamps and welfare then at any other time. Personal income has gone down huge more then when Bush was in office. Wealth has gone down under Obama, it went up under Bush

Guru
    04-25-2010, 12:42 PM #176
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Lloyd

For about the 10th time...you must have me confused with someone else. I drive a Toyota Corolla. Have for years. My only point on this issue is Big Ben can drive whatever he pleases...this is America! hybrids will in some way shape or form cont to become more mainstream! But...shouldn't be mandated that Big Ben cannot drive his Ford F250 or whatever it is.

Financial Reform- needs to be done...I believe that Bush/Cheney/Republicans tried multiple times while in office...couldn't get it done! Hope it does...just hope that they read the bill this time before passing it!

Cap and Trade- if passed...will cost hundred's of thousand's of jobs and increase our taxes by anywhere from $600-$1800 per year...Thought the man promised me ( I make under 250k per year) that my taxes would not go up 1 dime. I think that was a quote. I am a home healthcare worker. Most of my patients are living on a fixed income. Most do not have any discretionary disposable income. You raise their electric bill by $10...out go the lights.

Immigration reform- again...needed...Just do not understand the rational that someone who is here illegally...gets a free pass! If thats the case...might as well give everyone 1 free DWI, or 1 get out of jail free card.
    I believe that they must be forced to come here legally. Not sure how to do it...but that is what I beleive.

You left off the VAT tax...again...affects the little guy...won't affect the rich! so in essence...the little guy gets screwed when they have to buy diapers, formula, food...or whatever they need!

BTW- you have preached over and over about John calling everyone twit, dumbass etc...so if you want to talk about hypocrisy...look in the mirror and have a discussion with that guy!

Now- let's get this delisting crap behind us...1st qtr CC...then Russell re-balancing...and ride the blue dog to higher profits.

Just a few things. To be honest The Bush administration pushed for reform only on Fanny and Freddy and other banks that were giving those type of loans they did nothing to other banks. My feeling On that is that if they could stop the bad loans before they started, that there would have been no need to stop the other banks from investing in those bad loans in the first place because they would not have been there for them to invest in anyway.

Also Obama already raised the sin tax. If you smoke then you remember the increase of a pack of smokes going up 1 to 1.50 a pack more. IF you drink then you also remember liquor costing you alot more. Now I dont know for fact but common sence tells me that many poor and people making under 250,000 dollars a year, smoke and drink liquor. Now ask yourselves what do you think will happen when people stop smoking or drinking so much, yes for those that say, "good I dont smoke anyway", They are going to have to find that revenue somewhere else and where do you think they are going to get it.

Guru
    04-25-2010, 06:00 PM #177
    Hey John, did you hear that Arizona needs federal oversight? Yeah, the State Government doesn't know what it's constituency wants, but Obama does. Isn't he great?

Obama = mistake. I hope we can recover. If that MF'er has his way, we'll end up with the name United America because there'll be no states. They don't know what they are doing anyway, but the good news is that Obama does.

What's next?

Legend
    04-26-2010, 12:22 AM #178
    A decade with no income gains.

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...o-income-gain/

http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2009/0...de-of-descent/

"The 2001-2009 Presidency of George W. Bush ends in less that a week, so its appropriate to evaluate the Bush years and his economic legacy. As the Clinton administration ended , the
    United States entered the new century and decade with the strongest, most-resilient, most-adaptable, and technologically advanced economy on the face of the earth, according to an
    analysis by the US Central Intelligence Agency."

THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION BEGAN IN 2001 WITH THE PASSAGE OF A $1.35 TRILION TAX CUT--
    A CUT MANY ECONOMISTS AND ANALYSTS FELT WAS NOT NECESSAY, GIVEN THAT THE U.S. ECONOMY WAS ALREADY RECOVERING FROM THE MINI 2001 RECESSION" "The biggest problem with the tax cut was that it was tilted too much toward the rich and upper-income citizens-- Bush's political base--and it almost quaranteed that , over time broad-based demand would remain soft, and probably fall in a few years."

"And the stock market? Even after discounting for the overvalued stock market at the end of the Clinton administration in January 2001, THE STOCK MARKET HAS STIL DECLINED, IN REAL TERMS,
    AS PRESIDENT BUSH LEAVES OFFICE IN JANUARY 2009. THAT'S 8 YEARS, NO GAIN IN THE DOW. FURTHER, THE DOW IS CURRENTLY (JAN 2009) TRADING AROUND 8,000 AND MANY ECONOMISTS SAY THE US WILL BE LUCK IF IT ENDS 2009 AT THAT LEVEL."

"There were some economic successes during the "Bush 43" era; trade ties were expanded, exports rost , and inflation remained low/moderate through his 8 years. And as noted, one segment of society (upper-income citizens) saw an increase in wealth." "But those few positives in no way blot-out the Bush Administrations MANY FAilURES: SCANT JOB CREATION, UNEMPLOYMENT HIGH AND RISING, DECLING REAL MEDIAN INCOMES, RECORD BUDGET DEFICITS, RECORD HOME FORECLOSURES, A LARGE TRADE DEFICIT, NO ENERGY POLICY, NO HEALTH CARE POLICY, AND INCREASING POVERTY RATES, AMONG OTHER PROBLEMS."

"BUT ON ECONOMIC POLICY, PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH HAS PERFORMED ABYSMALLY, AND HE WILL MOST LIKELY RANK AS THE UNITED STATES' WORST PRESIDENT ON ECONOMIC POLICY SINCE PRESIDENT HERBERT HOOVER"
    Last edited by Havakasha; 04-26-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Legend
    04-26-2010, 12:27 AM #179
    J.D. Powers Sees Three-Fold Growth for Hybrids by 2015

http://www.hybridcars.com/news/jd-po...d-diesels.html

2010 Hybrid Cars - The Year Ahead

http://www.hybridcars.com/2010-hybrid-cars

P.S. Mr. Socialist, Communist, dumbass, twit,
    I am still waiting for the year (you know like 2018,2020,2021,lol) when pure hydrogen cars will be !% of auto sales in this country.
    Thats not such a difficult thing im asking is it?
    Last edited by Havakasha; 04-26-2010 at 12:35 AM.

Legend
    04-26-2010, 12:37 AM #180
    Whose to blame for the deficit numbers?

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...t_numbers.html