Page 12 of 20 ... 21011121314 ...
    Guru
    04-22-2010, 02:17 PM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    The pinch is Obama picking my pocket to redistribute the wealth lol.

The redistribution has been exclusively from the middle up.
    (eg,. In 2005, 21.2 percent of U.S. national income accrued to just 1 percent of earners. Contrast 1968, when the CEO of General Motors took home, in pay and benefits, about sixty-six times the amount paid to a typical GM worker. Today the CEO of Wal-Mart earns nine hundred times the wages of his average employee. Indeed, the wealth of the Wal-Mart founder's family in 2005 was estimated at about the same ($90 billion) as that of the bottom 40 percent of the U.S. population: 120 million people).

I really had hope for bipartisan leadership, but with reduced checks and balances in congress he's simply ram - rodding his agenda through, and that's pissing off / galvanizing a lot of people - me too (card carrying non party affiliate).

Please explain how he has ignored "bipartisanship". The healthcare industry modification took a year. Know why?

Let's take health care for example. Problem: 30,000,000 American are uninsured. Problem: the economy needs stimulus. Problem: no jobs. OK, how about this as a solution - have the government "spend" on building 100 new federal health centers stategically located in areas that need them most. At least he'd be spending on useful assets that support his agenda. These health centers would need to be filled with MRI's, beds, labs, lights, X ray machines...... People would need to design them, build them and the centers would need to be staffed. I would agree on a tax to pay for that.

How about something simple, inexpensive and that works? Medicare for all. Obama and the republicans were both against that!

Instead, he wants to "punish" the greedy companies for making money (which is the reason for an enterprise).

These companies provide no service - they are middlemen. Would you pay for someone to do something you can do yourself?

To your first point, Ho where do I start. Maybe I will start with the FACT that 47% of Americans do not pay income tax. So what, is it fare that they get to take ALL the advantages of living in the United State and pay NOTHING. While the other 53% pay for EVERYTHING. I should let you fall into the trap of saying the tipical liberial response (but I dont have that much time to spend on your dumbass): "Well they pay SS and Medicare" so I will clue you in now, Listen dumbass that is for THEIR OWN retirement not ours. That is so they can at some point retire TOTALLY. I should not even have to get into the fact that the bottom 40% actually get more back then they paid in and the bottom 30% dont even pay SS or Medicare because they get so much more back then they paid in that it is as much and more then they ever paid into the SS and medicares whole system.

Here let me answer this:

"Please explain how he has ignored "bipartisanship". The healthcare industry modification took a year. Know why?"

Hey dumbass did you notice NOT ONE REPUBLICAN VOTED FOR IT. The reason it took a year is because they had trouble even getting their own party to go for it. So I guess your since of "bipartisanship" is having less liberial democrats and having way more liberial democrats agree on a bill.

Now as to your last point:

"Would you pay for someone to do something you can do yourself?"

YES you dumb twit, you do it all the time, it is called being FREE. Here because you are a twit let me give you some examples:

1) You could contract to build your own house if you wanted to.

2) You can make you own laundry detergent/(any soap) if you wanted to.

3) You could grow your own vegitables if you wanted to.

There are just a few, list gos on and on and on and on and on. The fact is until this government health care bill you could have supplied your own family coop for health insurance if you wanted to but NOT NOW thanks to your democrat run government. Yes just another thing taken out of your hands and put into the governments control.

It used to be called capitalism you idiot you can buy it or do it yourself, What you never heard of a lawn service, you jackass.

You see why these people (adumbical and Havasucker) are twits. This is acually the way they think. Now you tell me which makes more sense Adumbicals position or my answers to his position.
    Last edited by john; 04-22-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Legend
    04-22-2010, 03:02 PM #112
    Atypical wins hands down.

Guru
    04-22-2010, 03:02 PM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Do you know why they had to take that charge? Because the government had been paying them a fee to provide government money to their employees for a benefit. That is absurd corporate welfare. The govt has now decided to take only the fee they were paying away, which should have never been given in the first place. Read the details below.

The 2003 Medicare prescription drug bill, still in effect, 7 The government even goes one step further and subsidizes (read: pays for) a whopping 28% of those prescription drug benefits in the first place, to make prescription drug benefits as affordable as possible for the companies. The companies get both a 28% discount and a nice tax break, all to encourage them to provide prescription drug coverage.

But there's a loophole in the law big enough to drive a Chevy Suburban through. These companies get to write off the entirety of their prescription medication plan, even though they're actually only paying for 72% of it. The new health-care bill simply closes that loophole, and says that companies can still deduct every penny they pay on prescription drug benefits from their taxes--but only the money they've paid, not the 28% that the government hands them. That's where the billion dollars comes from: AT&T is no longer allowed to deduct things they didn't pay for in the first place.

So what happens from here? AT&T loses a billion dollars it didn't have any right to keep to begin with, and what do they do?

AT&T said that it was also looking into changing the health care benefits it offered because of the law. Analysts say retirees could lose the prescription drug coverage provided by their former employers as a result of the overhaul.
    In other words, due to losing free money, AT&T will cut benefits for retirees. It's not the health-care bill that's resulting in retirees losing benefits--it's AT&T cutting corners in the worst possible place.

The actual situation here is not easy to explain. It's much easier to just say, "This health-care bill will force AT&T to cut benefits for retirees." It's a nice soundbite, right? The only problem is, it's just not true.

You said, But hey, they can afford it, right? That suggests you think I am indifferent to their spending their money (and hurting shareholders) because I want the government to win. If you read the details above, you should now realize that AT&T was screwing the goverment and soon its employees. You prefer that instead? And as a stockholder are you upset that the free ride is over? I bet you are because of your comment. And you obviously didn't know the details. Just pissed at the government "attacking a corporation".

Is your mother on Medicare? Are they refusing service for some reason? I would appreciate the details.

Insurance in exceptional cases? Not sure what you mean. It's used whenever it's needed.

As far as goverment's role, I think healthcare is government's role. Isn't a healthy population beneficial to the country? We are the only industrialized country that doesn't offer a health program without a profit motive connected to it. Are you in favor of saying to the sick, infirmed, (perhaps your mother) screw em? It's their problem, not mine. I'm healthy.

Here Havasucker I will give you some facts: I love how Adumbical forgets to mention that that 28% subsidy was to cover the additional cost to companies AS COMPARED TO JUST PUSHING THEIR RETIRES OFF TO MEDICARE DRUG PROGRAM.

"Under the 2003 Medicare prescription drug program, companies that provide prescription drug benefits for retirees receive subsidies covering 28% of eligible costs, but are allowed to deduct the entire amount they spent on these drug benefits — including the subsidies — from their taxable income. The change – which White House spokesman Robert Gibbs characterized as closing a “loophole,” allows companies to only deduct the 72% they spent on those programs.

However, as the American Benefit Council noted Friday, “in fact, this provision of the Medicare Modernization Act was carefully crafted on bipartisan basis to save the government money by making it possible for employers to continue sponsoring retiree drug coverage, rather than move retirees into the Medicare Part D program”.

AND THERE BY INCREASING THE COST TO THE GOVERNMENT AND REDUCING THERE COST BY THE SAME AMOUNT to the companies. Who made out? The people in the present programs. Who will now suffer? The people that will be put into the Medicare system (a system that is factually the BIGGEST (in actual and percentage) denier of health care of all the health insurers).

How you like them facts there Havasucker.

You see people not so black and white is it, when you acually see the facts. You know when I first read Adumbicals post, I had already come to the common sense and logical conclusion that what I just posted is what exactly happened and then low and byhold look at what I found. But you see how their ideology gets in the way of their (Adumbical and Havasuckers) common sense and logic.

P.S. Here is the link (Dont most of you ever wonder why Adumical does not put up the link):

http://www.plansponsor.com/Companies...Bill_Bill.aspx

Legend
    04-22-2010, 03:07 PM #114
    Im flying from the west to east coast. Catch your ideological bias once im home.

You are automatically disqualified because you wont tell me when hydrogen cars will reach !% of the automobiles purchased in the world. And you thought you were going to get away with not having to answer that question didnt you?

Guru
    04-22-2010, 03:14 PM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post

Yes that is why you are a twit.

Reasons why:

1) You believe it is totally fare that 47% of Americans pay nothing to live in America and take all the advandages that come with it (and 30% actually get money), AT THE COST OF THE OTHER 53%.

2) You have no concept of "bipartisanship". "Very liberial" and "liberial" democrats are not two different parties.

3) You have never heard of a lawn service or think people cant cut their own grass. Its got to be one or the other, believing in ether one means the same outcome, your a twit.

Guru
    04-22-2010, 03:19 PM #116
    John wins hands down LOL

04-23-2010, 07:44 AM #117
    "John John bring the phenomenon" lyrics from Wu-Tang Clan, Method Man, wow that was good stuff when it came out.

I must ask John, I appreciate your posts, I am conservative and really can not believe whats is going on in government, to the question twit, why do you argue with Havakasha, calling him a twit might be a complement, I have argued with him before and I almost certainly believe the elevator does not go the entire way to the top. Few fries short of a happy meal, not the sharpest tool in the shed, you get the point.

Your posts are clear, concise, and usually to the point, with facts and quotes to back it up, it reminds me of the Tyson days, kind of like when Tyson was in the ring with Spinx, the fight only lasts as long as Tyson holds back the uppercut, when the uppercut comes the left cross follows, usually the cross is not needed, but throw it anyway John. You da man!
    Mama said I'm gonna knock you out, LL Cool J. Keep up the good work John.

Little Ben the bear

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-23-2010, 08:26 AM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    "John John bring the phenomenon" lyrics from Wu-Tang Clan, Method Man, wow that was good stuff when it came out.

I must ask John, I appreciate your posts, I am conservative and really can not believe whats is going on in government, to the question twit, why do you argue with Havakasha, calling him a twit might be a complement, I have argued with him before and I almost certainly believe the elevator does not go the entire way to the top. Few fries short of a happy meal, not the sharpest tool in the shed, you get the point.

Your posts are clear, concise, and usually to the point, with facts and quotes to back it up, it reminds me of the Tyson days, kind of like when Tyson was in the ring with Spinx, the fight only lasts as long as Tyson holds back the uppercut, when the uppercut comes the left cross follows, usually the cross is not needed, but throw it anyway John. You da man!
    Mama said I'm gonna knock you out, LL Cool J. Keep up the good work John.

Little Ben the bear
    hmmmm...This just doesn't seem to have any effect on the share price or value of SIRI.

Mentor
    04-23-2010, 08:55 AM #119
    The American people...LOSE...HANDS DOWN

Mentor
    04-23-2010, 08:59 AM #120
    Imagine that...The new...fabulous...fantastic...great...cost reducing...affordable healthcare reform(loosly interpreted) that was passed............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................
    Is GOING TO INCREASE HEALTHCARE COSTS...NOT LOWER THEM and this is coming from the government!

You guys are so screwed in mid-term elections

Page 12 of 20 ... 21011121314 ...