Page 17 of 20 ... 71516171819 ...
    Legend
    04-23-2010, 11:03 PM #161
    Big Ben
    Like i said, anytime i am on the opposite side of you is a good day. Your predictions of market movements have been wildly off, even during the course of a single day.

As far as global warming and energy policy I thought i read you earlier say that you never get involved in a discussion without facts in hand.
    Boy how quickly it is that you broke your own rule. (Not that you havent broken that rule a ton of times before.) Lol.

Since you dont seem to know anything about hybrids let me give you a liitle bit of information.
    There are SUV hybrids you know. LMFAO.

Peace out

P.S. Enjoy your weekend in blissful ignorance.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 04-23-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Mentor
    04-24-2010, 12:08 AM #162
    Lloyd

If you are going to take Little Ben(joke) to task about coming to the table with facts...In 2009, approximately 53,000 SUV Hybrids sold out of what 10+M cars/light trucks. That is roughly .0053 or just over 1/2 of 1%.

Round 1 goes to Ben! Ben...if one crosses in front of you...put it in ramming speed...you can always re-chrome your bumper!

Also, if the Dems/Liberals cram the remaining BS down the peoples throats...By 2012, Republicans could have complete control of both houses and enough support to repeal all of them.

Also, the VAT tax that is being thrown around...will absolutely kill the little guy...guess ya'll really don't give a shit about them now do ya! We lied to them to get there vote...piss on them now!

Also, FYI...in the 8 years Bush was president...prices for everything went up! It's called inflation...thats why seniors get cost of living adjustments...except for 2009 and 2010...when...you guessed it...Seniors will get nada for cost of living...So, please stop with the it's all Bush/Cheney's fault. The Dem congress is just as much to blame...And you can't blame the republicans now...because they have voted against everyone of the bs bill's Obama and the Dems are trying to pass!

Legend
    04-24-2010, 12:49 AM #163
    We all know that hybrids and electrics are a small but burgeoning market. You keep driving your big gas guzzling car and will see if you start crying to mommy when gas prices go up. Look at the Ford lineup and where they expect to make their money in the future and then maybe you will understand how the world of autos is changing.
    The point,just Sirius, is that Hybrids come in all sizes and shapes. In 10 years and then 20 years you wont be belittling them as you seem to want to do now.
    Grow up and look to the future. Go to the car shows all around the world and get the facts on what automobile companies are planning for the future. That is if you care about facts.

I certainly hope the Dems pass financial reform, energy legislation, immigration legislation and more. i love the use of the word "ram" and BS. I quess you fell in love with Republican talking points instead of thinking for yourself. In the good ole days (as far back as 2 years ago) they use to call passing legislation part of the Democratic process. Boy how you love to demonstrate
    a blind obedience to HYPOCRISY.

I am much less worried about the little guy under this administration then i was in the Bush/Cheney administration. The middle class was killed (no growth in wages and earning power in 8 years) under Bush. Just look at the statistics. We finally have someone willing to take on the top !%. I quess you are for repeal of the Bush tax cuts for the richest top !% in order to help the middle class then huh? Your not? Well, well, how quickly you showed your stripes. Even Warren Buffett, Bill Gates and a whole slew of wealthy individuals understand they have been getting away with murder and support that repeal.
    You aint for the little guy. No way. No how.

Your not going to seriously tell me that health care costs rose only by level of inlflation in the past 8 years are you? Only a dumbass twit would try to argue that and you know those are words i dont particularly like to use.

Once again let me provide with the facts. Bush/Cheney were in office for 8 years. During the first 6 years they controlled the House and the Senate. Bush vetoed NOTHING. Do you understand nothing? . Just imagine what you would be saying if Obama had 6 years of that kind of power. In the last 2 years of Bush/Cheney the Dems controlled the Congress (only for part of that time in the Senate and with a much closer vote then exists now) Bush vetoed legislation he didnt like and passed legislation he liked. That means Mr Just Sirius that Bush effectively had his way for the past 8 years. To argue otherwise is to stick your head in the sand. Bush gave us runaway deficits and the 2nd worst recession in our history, and he did nothing about fixing any of the important issues we face in this country. In fact he messed it all up. Obviously the deficit has increased under Obama. Some of that ,if you want to know facts, had to do with Bush policies and the other part to do with Obama policies that most ecoonomists agree had to be carried out to dig us out of the hole Bush created. Give him 8 years and lets see where we are. Then you can talk.
    i would like to give Obama 8 years to make his mark on this country and watch as those policies positively affect us for the followinig 10 to 20. Only time will tell what will happen. If Republicans take control of the Congress in 2010 so be it. I cant wait to you blame them for all the ills of this country. LMFAO

P.S. The Republicans have laid down for the big banks and big corporations and said **** you to the little guy.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 04-24-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Guru
    04-24-2010, 09:12 AM #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I have to jump into this "debate". Global warming is the biggest farce ever perpetrated on the American people. Al Gore is the biggest clown ever to sit in the VP seat. From what I have read, if China is not on board it really does not matter. My main question is why does anyone care? This going green bullshit is a money maker nothing more. We will all be dead and gone before anything really changes. As for this Hybrid debate has anyone ever thought about getting hit in one of these tiny cars? If my grill hits your windshield how will 60 mpg help you then? Suv/truck hits any small car, usually bad for small car.

Any government incentives to purchase, whether it be a car or home, is taking sales from the future and moving them to now. In a few months when the numbers come out, after the 8000 rebate has ended, sales will drop back to their normal level and then go lower. Government does not do too many things all that well, why do we need them to get involved in more?

Seacrest Out!
    Living in fear. Here is one fact. Do you know how much energy is generated from one $1500 solar panel? Answer, enough to run one light bulb. Yeah, Solar is the answer. So what happens when you cover 25% of the planet's land mass with solar panels? How about the plant dies? It's an "ecoSYSTEM" and those of us knowing the concept of the conservation of energy would understand that. The only reason this industry exists is because Obama will pays for it. Total stupidity.

Guru
    04-24-2010, 09:13 AM #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I have to jump into this "debate". Global warming is the biggest farce ever perpetrated on the American people. Al Gore is the biggest clown ever to sit in the VP seat. From what I have read, if China is not on board it really does not matter. My main question is why does anyone care? This going green bullshit is a money maker nothing more. We will all be dead and gone before anything really changes. As for this Hybrid debate has anyone ever thought about getting hit in one of these tiny cars? If my grill hits your windshield how will 60 mpg help you then? Suv/truck hits any small car, usually bad for small car.

Any government incentives to purchase, whether it be a car or home, is taking sales from the future and moving them to now. In a few months when the numbers come out, after the 8000 rebate has ended, sales will drop back to their normal level and then go lower. Government does not do too many things all that well, why do we need them to get involved in more?

Seacrest Out!
    Oh, by the way you f'ing bear. I took a position in SPXU late Thursday, and it's already RED.

04-24-2010, 03:25 PM #166
    Why has the Stiletto 2 been discontinued? Its fine if another model had replaced it, but at this moment the only portable player the entire company currently sells is an XM unit. Who was the marketing genius here?

Guru
    04-24-2010, 04:14 PM #167
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    Why has the Stiletto 2 been discontinued? Its fine if another model had replaced it, but at this moment the only portable player the entire company currently sells is an XM unit. Who was the marketing genius here?
    Look son, I'm the head of marketing here, and you can kiss my silly rich arse. LOL.

Check this out, I've two of the original Sportsters, mine $hit the bed about a year ago, and my wife is at Best Buy right now because her's $hit the bed this morning. Which means we need a new boom box as well, and a new home kit. Add that to the 2 year old Stilleto ($350) that pooped and couldn't be fixed, and I'm telling you that you shouldn't complain about the marketing dept!!!

Now I wish my wife would get her arse back here so I can go pick up a six pack. aaaaaaaooooo.

Mentor
    04-24-2010, 10:37 PM #168
    Lloyd

For about the 10th time...you must have me confused with someone else. I drive a Toyota Corolla. Have for years. My only point on this issue is Big Ben can drive whatever he pleases...this is America! hybrids will in some way shape or form cont to become more mainstream! But...shouldn't be mandated that Big Ben cannot drive his Ford F250 or whatever it is.

Financial Reform- needs to be done...I believe that Bush/Cheney/Republicans tried multiple times while in office...couldn't get it done! Hope it does...just hope that they read the bill this time before passing it!

Cap and Trade- if passed...will cost hundred's of thousand's of jobs and increase our taxes by anywhere from $600-$1800 per year...Thought the man promised me ( I make under 250k per year) that my taxes would not go up 1 dime. I think that was a quote. I am a home healthcare worker. Most of my patients are living on a fixed income. Most do not have any discretionary disposable income. You raise their electric bill by $10...out go the lights.

Immigration reform- again...needed...Just do not understand the rational that someone who is here illegally...gets a free pass! If thats the case...might as well give everyone 1 free DWI, or 1 get out of jail free card.
    I believe that they must be forced to come here legally. Not sure how to do it...but that is what I beleive.

You left off the VAT tax...again...affects the little guy...won't affect the rich! so in essence...the little guy gets screwed when they have to buy diapers, formula, food...or whatever they need!

BTW- you have preached over and over about John calling everyone twit, dumbass etc...so if you want to talk about hypocrisy...look in the mirror and have a discussion with that guy!

Now- let's get this delisting crap behind us...1st qtr CC...then Russell re-balancing...and ride the blue dog to higher profits.

Guru
    04-25-2010, 10:14 AM #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Once again you distort the facts. Consumers in the marketplace were voting with their pocketbooks and buying smaller, and more energy efficient cars that the Japanese were producing. The American car companies were slow to recognize the change and were failing in the marketplace.
    I am glad that this govt is forcing the American car companies to produce more energy effecient cars as that will help consumers pocket books in the long run, and make us less dependent on foreign energy sources in the long term.
    Govts in the past got us hooked on what was then cheap oil, gas and coal and now they can be responsible and move us in a new and saner direction.
    We are competing in a global marketplace and ALL countries are moving toward hybrids, and electrics because they recognize the benefits of that switch just as industries are being pushed to recognize that refrigerators, fans, light sources and all the rest can be made way more energy effecient and save us all money in the long run. You think only about short term solutions and its about time we think about the long term future for once.

Thank god you arent running our car companies.

Dumbass, the best selling autos were AND STILL ARE SUVs/TRUCKS. Dumbass Hybrids ARE STILL one of the worst selling autos. They are STILL only 1% of the whole car market and it has taken 7 years, and huge government subsidys for them to get that high. Like you said consumers have voted with their pocket books and the result is they dont want hybrids at the cost they come. I should not EVEN have to mention the fact that without the government subsidy hybrid sales would fall off the face of the planet. As for helping consumers pocket books I have already proven to you with simple math that it would take AT LEAST 12 years to make up for the extra cost of a hybrid over a normal car (and that is with the government subsidy INCLUDED).

Yes this just proves were you stand and what your ideology is:

"I am glad that this govt is forcing the American car companies"

That is the communist way not the American way. Most here in Ameriac like capitalism. Most dont want the government telling companies what is the best product to produce.

Our government didn't get you are anyone else hooked on anything. Try taking some personal responsiblity for something in your life.

As for me I dont run a car company unless I started one and ether should the government. You see that also gives us a clear insight into who you are. You think it is your business who runs what, IT IS NOT, if you have stock in the company, you vote those shares the way you want, that is as much say as you provide yourself. If you dont like the way it is run, you sell your shares that is the only control you are SUPPOSE to be allowed under a capitalistic system.

Guru
    04-25-2010, 11:18 AM #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    I actually believe Charlie Rangel should be out of there but dont tell me there arent plenty of corrupt Republicans in power that should be on their asses as well. i could name John Ensign of Nevada as one. Clearly he is dishonest.

I will not let you escape your twisted logic about Democrats being responsible for the Bush/Cheney recession. You right wingers like to talk a lot about personal responsibility but as soon as its obvious you ****ed up you start crying mommy. Man up and take your medicine. Bush controlled this country for 8 years and made a HUGE mess. Own up or shut up. Your a liar and a goddamn ideologue.

so if the Republicans take over the Congress in 2010 i EXPECT you follow your absurd logic and say that Repulicans have total control of the economy from that point on. What a joke you are.

Here dumbass I will give you some examples: Rebuplicans tossed one for a speach praising a man on his hundredth birthday. You dolts have Byrd a former Klans man and head of his chapter as one of your longest serving senators. We tossed of a man for sexual text messages to a page, you honor a man after actually having an affair with a page.

Here is some history Bush started his presidency and came into a recession. He spent a 150 billion and gave us the shortest shallowest recesion in history. He then had the tech bubble that burst and then 911 hit (just one of those took 1.5 trillion out of our economy) yet still had a vibrint economy with full or over full employment (yes under Clinton 5% unemploymeny was considerd full employment) for most of his term. In 2002 he was the first (besides Reagan) to pick up seats of his own party in congress he then picked up a few more in 2004. The best they ever had though was 56 seats in the senate (not enough to get passed a filabuster). The Bush administration tried 3 times to get regulation on Fanny and Freddy (in 2001,well before the melt down) While it passed the committes on a totally partisan vote it failed to get passed in the senate (as a matter of fact Obama was one who voted against the bill and to keep a filabuster going, the very same bill he later voted for in 2007 (yes after the mess had happen and to late to stop it). Now here are the facts I know Havasucker hates to come out but they are there and cannot be argued. In 2006 the republicans were voted out and democrats had control in 2007. Upto and through 2006 the ecomony was doing great even after all the country had gone through (even the expert economist were amazed at how well our economy handled everything that just happened). Enter 2007 democrats have control of congress and the economy has fallen and fallen enter Obama and total control of congress by the democrats and the economy still continues to fall and fall and fall and fall.

Yes once they take back control in 2010 I expect them to not only stop the spending but CUT CUT CUT the spending. Hey remember 1994??? Do you really think that economy was because of Clinton??? It was not until the republicans came into power that a balenced buget was finally able to happen. I also love how you libs think "welfare reform" was a Clinton idea, if so then why did he VETO it 2 times before finally signing it the 3rd time it came to him. You know where that idea came from? Yes Engler (Michigan Gov. (R), notce the "R", it stands for republican).

Here dumbass I will explain some facts for you republicans lost their way and became more like democrats with all the spending they also did. After they did that they were voted out because they not only lost their base (who did not bother to vote) but many independants that thought it would be better with democrats in control. Most now see that was a mistake but maybe something that had to be done to get republicans back on track. Most did not think it would get this bad to be able to teach republicans a lesson.

Dont believe it. Thats fine, you live in your bubble, just remember who told you over a year ago that: "watch what happens, republicans will not only take control back in the congress but that you will see the republicans that do run will run on a way more conservative platform then ever before. I dont have ESP you dumb twit, it is all common sense and logic.

Page 17 of 20 ... 71516171819 ...