04-08-2010, 06:53 PM #1

Liberty Media

Can someone please offer some insight as to what happens if Liberty Media takes more than a fifty percent stake in the company? I realize that they can't do this until 2011, but does that mean the long term investor is screwed? Is this something that we are supposed to fear?

Appreciate any insight that other investors can give this novice.

Mentor
    04-08-2010, 07:41 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SchultzyMN View Post
    Can someone please offer some insight as to what happens if Liberty Media takes more than a fifty percent stake in the company? I realize that they can't do this until 2011, but does that mean the long term investor is screwed? Is this something that we are supposed to fear?

Appreciate any insight that other investors can give this novice.
    Schultzy

There are far too many unknowns at this point in time to speculate on the impact of a potential "tender offer for all outstanding shares not beneficially owned by Liberty Media/Radio" on or after the 2nd anniversary of the Investment Agreement.

Also, the answer to your question is highly individualized and will depend, in part, on your specific average cost basis and long term investment objectives . . .

Whether a tender offer will ever happen at all is itself an area of debate . . . but the possibility should at least be considered in formulating an exit strategy.

Best advice for now is to closely follow the discussion threads here and elsewhere, apply what you learn to your individual circumstances and in no case believe anything you read in the main-stream-media including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Bloomberg News, Reuters, thestreet.con (especially thestreet.con) . . . by the time they report anything it will be too late for you to react and the reporting itself will be badly flawed with factual inaccuracies.

Good luck with your investment . . . and I am by no means any kind of expert; be sure to do your own research and due diligence.
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-08-2010 at 07:45 PM.