Page 2 of 6 1234 ...
    04-07-2010, 03:31 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    MSNBC launches on Siri
    Somehow I don't think that has anything to do with it, MSNBC has some pretty poor ratings afaik but correct me if im wrong.

Mentor
    04-07-2010, 03:36 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post
    Somehow I don't think that has anything to do with it, MSNBC has some pretty poor ratings afaik but correct me if im wrong.
    No-no Voogru, I was being facetious . . just taking a playful jab at Lloyd Handwringer aka Havakasha
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-07-2010 at 03:40 PM.

Mentor
    04-07-2010, 03:45 PM #13

as of 3:45

Last Sale $ 0.9403
    Change Net / % 0.0705 8.11%
    Best Bid / Ask $ 0.9403 / $ 0.9404
    1y Target Est: $ 1.20
    Today's High / Low $ 0.9597 / $ 0.8745
    Share Volume 564,370,019

Mentor
    04-07-2010, 03:53 PM #14

sumthin's UP

10 mins to go and we are closing in on volume of

600,000,000 shares

Could Liberty be in the open market spending the $250mm that might have triggered the HSR Act filing in the first place?

We will know soon enough . . .

Mentor
    04-07-2010, 04:00 PM #15
    If Liberty is buying today (and I did say "IF") . . . consider those shares effectively removed from the float . .

Mentor
    04-07-2010, 04:08 PM #16

NASDAQ Site

Last Sale $ 0.9534
    Change Net / % 0.0836 9.61%
    Best Bid / Ask $ 0.953 / $ 0.9535
    1y Target Est: $ 1.20
    Today's High / Low $ 0.9597 / $ 0.8745
    Share Volume 608,764,559
    50 Day Avg. Daily Volume 138,777,885
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 04-07-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Enthusiast
    04-07-2010, 04:29 PM #17
    Wow! What a day!

Guru
    04-07-2010, 05:17 PM #18
    . . . . you by now know that something is brewing between Sirius XM and Liberty Media et al that will likely involve Liberty increasing their ownership interest in Siri at some level up to 49.9% . . . this speculation is supported by a recent filing with FTC/DOJ for early termination of the merger waiting period under the HSR Act . . .

There is wide ranging speculation as to the mechanism by which the ownership stake will be increased . . . but very little in the way of factual support at this time.

To get up to speed on this issue I recommend reading Relmor's latest news post; the link is provided at the bottom of this post.

http://www.kingofalltrades.com/2010/04/06/11473.html

The Hart-Scott-Rodino Act requires under certain circumstances that prospective acquirers of voting securities or assets apply for clearance from regulators. Requests for early termination or clearance are granted when the Federal Trade Commission and the antitrust division of the Department of Justice have determined that they won't take action during the waiting period.

I refuse to ever go back to a site that is so politcally correct that it gets in the way of facts being put out.

Guru
    04-07-2010, 05:52 PM #19
    10 mins to go and we are closing in on volume of

600,000,000 shares

Could Liberty be in the open market spending the $250mm that might have triggered the HSR Act filing in the first place?

We will know soon enough . . .

First of all that might be true but somehow I would doubt that they are willing to put so much into it at once and not buy slower and get it at a lower PPS. Then again I also think Liberty is fully fested in making sure there is no RS and will do what ever else is needed to get it over a dollar to make sure it is not needed. It would cost them much more in the end if a RS happens to take over SIRIXM because then they would not only have to play with the retail investor but big investment banks with much more money and that would drive the price way higher if they (the big investment banks) even get the smallest hint that Liberty is trying or wanting to take over SIRIXM (or any other company for that matter) They are not afraid to make a quick buck on such a move.

Now I think this maybe some of everything to include, the fact we are now fast approching another CC and the March OEM numbers have shown a addition to the subscriber roll and not a loss as was expected. That is going to be a big plus going into the next quarter where I believe Mel knows OEM numbers will only get better.

As a side note; I was just listening to the radio this morning inwhich a analyst was talking about the March numbers and the age of the cars that are out today. What he has seen is that that age is the oldest it has been in history and when it has gotten close to that old before, there was a huge uptic in OEM sales not to long after (he did add that he would like to see a increase in household incomes and discretionary spending first). He also added that invatories are at very low levels (on a 5 year average) and that OEMs will soon have to build up those invatories more likely sooner then later. He had projected that the numbers this year could hit 11 to 12 million run rate when a buildup in invatories is added in OR if that is not done then by next year they are looking at a likely 12 to 13 million run rate. The basic fact is cars dont last forever and the longer they wait the older the cars get and HAVE to be replace.

On the down side he did add that he does not see run rates getting to 15 or 16 million again for a long time because at a 13 million run rate they will be able to keep up with demand and historic life spans.

04-07-2010, 07:28 PM #20

Customer Service Issues and Stern

By - Spencer Osborne

This deserves an article, but I know I will get slammed if I write it. Today Stern discussed the Sirius XM customer service stance that, "Stern will be back, he has nowhere else to go."

Now some of this is hyped by Stern, that is for sure.....however, there is an issue with customer service telling consumers that Stern will be back. The fact is that they don't know yet, and to tell consumers misinformation is simply wrong.

Not only is it wrong, but it gives Stern MORE ammunition in his negotiations with Sirius XM.

The fact of the matter is that the Stern issue needs to be solved prior to the Q4 retail selling season. The company will have a "moral" dilemma of a Q3 and Q4 advertising campaign that touts Stern when he may not yet be signed. Thus, they will likely have to do a campaign without Stern, which in and of itself will raise even more questions and concerns.

It is for this reason that the company needs to resolve this in the next 3 to 4 months, or risk having to advertise without the ability to tout Stern.

If Stern is not signing, the company can focus and promote alternative content.

The bottom line is that customer service needs to be put under more control, and Sirius XM needs to get to a decision on the Stern issue. Time is ticking

Page 2 of 6 1234 ...