Page 3 of 5 12345
    Mentor
    04-07-2010, 12:35 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    lol yea i wasn't really careful with stocks it looked like it was a sure thing
    yea i'd assume i'd be bad at poker but it could be fun. i haven't decided yet if i'm going to try it or not yet.

have you tried it before?

i saw you can enter like double or nothing tournaments.
    ex. 10 pple - buy in:10$ = 5 winners at 20$ thats kind of neat.
    no, I spend enough time with stocks, and it's taken me years to learn how to trade, and it was only until this new year to where I took it superserious trading only a single style - swing/pattern trading - that's it, nothing else. Going really well so far.

But, I did pick up a poker book, since a lot of really good traders play poker, so i learned the opening hands and cleaned up at a poker game with a lot of drunks at a party. I think the drunk part helped. There were only about 4 people who really knew what they were doing.

Mentor
    04-07-2010, 12:36 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    I've been having problems sleeping since I got sick, so I was going to stay up round the clock yesterday, but because I said that, I fell asleep around 5 am... lol. So I slept thru the day, woke up after market closed.

LYG - like the move on LYG, let's see where it is tomorrow.

KATX - the entry day was EOD on that first heavy vol candle about 4 days ago, assuming you read this tomorrow, with a first target to the old high, which it pretty much hit. From here, either a rebound off a 9-13 EMA might do, but that would mean watching it all day for a real reversal. If it starts to climb, I'm more inclined now to see if it makes a new high, so 0.095+ or so.

KOG - yeah that KOG, I kept seeing that plastered all over the web, but a lot of times, I just don't have luck with gas and mining stocks, except listed gold stocks. Not that it has passed $3, I'm weary of jumping in, but won't - had such a nice consolidation too. Watch it rocket to $4, lol.

Some others, I like the ACLS chart, a little late, see if it pulls back and rebounds.

AHC is in a nice channel, can try that when it's at a low point, just make sure it doesn't tick along the bottom of the line too long.

IEVM has been thinly traded until now, it took off, but could bounce ok or consolidate for next time.

BONT - looking for that to post a new high before getting in, it could just hit the prev peak and turn around.

CFI - nice turn around, but volume a little low

LBY - in a nice pennant - long or short depending on which way it breaks. I need a better short broker, keep meaning to sign up with sogo.

MGPI - lifting off, but it trades really thin, tomorrow morning could be a good day to get in that guy, don't like the thin volume much

NXST - also thin, but looking to bust $5

TUES - not sure what to make of this guy, but its running, maybe if it can make a new high.

CMS - looking for a new high on that one

HOC - again, not too great with the gas and oil

OKE - looks good, its natural gas

SCLN is bouncing off a support level

CHTP above $4

GOLD-
    Hmm... gold looks like it's heading north, or at least swinging that way. Look at the GDX, $HUI, and GLD... maybe look for GG, GSS, IAG, NAK, NSU to break from their little consolidations. Always watch what NEM does though, I think when it hit its previous high is when gold tanked.

Shipping-
    Haven't peeked at this in a while.. The $BDI is riding the old triple support and resistance at 3000.

The SHX is looking to hit a minor high point, and Dow Tran is riding 4400.

Can't tell if its frothy, or going to break out. I want to keep an eye on the NQ futures. I think when they hit the round number, there could be a pullback, so have to be careful.

Back to the subject, SEA the ETF is also at highs, and CAT busted out (not a shipping stock, but if things are being dug up to ship, they're part of it).

So to the stocks...

DRYS is in a huge symmetrical triangle, maybe I'll set an alert to see if it busts, I bet if it does, it'll rocket to near $10

EGLE looks good past $6

GLNG after $13

GNK possibly above $22, the line is kind of steep, but in november, it was too and really took off.

ISH the shipping leader has a higher low, so that's good

KEX about to break

Damn, that NMM is and has been just chugging along, pretty amazing.

PRGN looking good too

Lot of pent up energy in TOO too.

ok, enough already.

Marketwise, we're coming up to some key levels, so have to be quick and nimble.

Geez, look at the $RUT, that thing gonna hit 750?
    Man, a lot of good breakouts on these stocks, and I slept thru the whole thing!!!! I'm gonna kill myself if DRYS takes off like a rocket.

04-07-2010, 04:56 AM #23
    lol that's awesome

04-07-2010, 04:20 PM #24
    OK, guys and gals, I finally sold off all my QASP. I am not going back in that one. It is simply not giving the right signals and I smell something funny in paradise. But for those hanging on…good luck. It is tempting. If I was Vegas I would give you a 15% chance that it will rocket up to .025. The OS is simply too large, over a billion.

I also want to point out that at the beginning of the week I mentioned AIB. It has jumped up .50 in two days. I have no idea how high it will go… but it is worth keeping your eye on. I was predicting 4.25 before either a pull back or some consolidation.

LYG is still playing with 4 dollars. It is a stubborn resistance for them. But once they break it..I think they could sail up to between 5 to 6 dollars pretty fast.

ACAS continues to be a rocket to the moon…not sure why since they are still struggling to become profitable…but I will follow the chart on this one.

DR. Dave …. I have also been eyeing the DRYS, but I just don’t see them taking off until mid to late summer. The volume and economy simply hasn’t stimulated them enough. But like you said…when they do wake up…I think they will jump 100% easy. If you have money to dump there and forget about for the year..great..but if you are trying to stay limber with your funds then you might get frustrated waiting on their pop. You said you think they will go to 10 in a hurry..that is very intriguing for me. Have you charted them or care to share you charts on them..because you have me thinking…and salivating a little. If the DRYS dip below 6, I might jump on them.

I have been watching KATX and noticed the nice cup formation but..I am not excited enough to buy anything yet..just watching.

Does anyone ever think BEHL will awaken again????

IFSL <sigh>

Dr. Dave..NMM looks great..would have been more excited had I picked up in the 10’s..nice dividend also..but if I was going to jump..I would have to go for FREE because I think they have more potential for larger return…Their balance sheets look good enough..but when will the economy finally stimulate them?

In relating to NMM..I see KOG being that kind of stock..just chugging up the mountain for the rest of the year. This might be the time to get in…Oh if only I had tons of money…I’m not in it..just thinking it is not a loser.

I have just a little touch of power left and taking my time as to where to put it. No ideas yet..but I think I will look for a bit more riskier play…since most if my stuff is in solid places.... but where..where is this golden road to riches???

Hope everyone is having a profitable day
    I look forward to talking with everyone in the coming weeks.

Christian

Mentor
    04-07-2010, 04:49 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Searcher View Post
    OK, guys and gals, I finally sold off all my QASP. I am not going back in that one. It is simply not giving the right signals and I smell something funny in paradise. But for those hanging on…good luck. It is tempting. If I was Vegas I would give you a 15% chance that it will rocket up to .025. The OS is simply too large, over a billion.

I also want to point out that at the beginning of the week I mentioned AIB. It has jumped up .50 in two days. I have no idea how high it will go… but it is worth keeping your eye on. I was predicting 4.25 before either a pull back or some consolidation.

LYG is still playing with 4 dollars. It is a stubborn resistance for them. But once they break it..I think they could sail up to between 5 to 6 dollars pretty fast.

ACAS continues to be a rocket to the moon…not sure why since they are still struggling to become profitable…but I will follow the chart on this one.

DR. Dave …. I have also been eyeing the DRYS, but I just don’t see them taking off until mid to late summer. The volume and economy simply hasn’t stimulated them enough. But like you said…when they do wake up…I think they will jump 100% easy. If you have money to dump there and forget about for the year..great..but if you are trying to stay limber with your funds then you might get frustrated waiting on their pop. You said you think they will go to 10 in a hurry..that is very intriguing for me. Have you charted them or care to share you charts on them..because you have me thinking…and salivating a little. If the DRYS dip below 6, I might jump on them.

I have been watching KATX and noticed the nice cup formation but..I am not excited enough to buy anything yet..just watching.

IFSL <sigh>

Dr. Dave..NMM looks great..would have been more excited had I picked up in the 10’s..nice dividend also..but if I was going to jump..I would have to go for FREE because I think they have more potential for larger return…Their balance sheets look good enough..but when will the economy finally stimulate them?

In relating to NMM..I see KOG being that kind of stock..just chugging up the mountain for the rest of the year. This might be the time to get in…Oh if only I had tons of money…I’m not in it..just thinking it is not a loser.

I have just a little touch of power left and taking my time as to where to put it. No ideas yet..but I think I will look for a bit more riskier play…since most if my stuff is in solid places.... but where..where is this golden road to riches???

Hope everyone is having a profitable day
    I look forward to talking with everyone in the coming weeks.

Christian
    For DRYS, I just thought it was in a very long term pattern and that there are still plenty of folks who were in it back in the $100 days that think it will rise again. I see it cut back today, so we'll see if it retests the line. I can plop some charts up later. I'm just looking at it from a TA perspective nothing more, that and the shipping indexes/etfs. Some of those other stocks (not the gold or ships) I mentioned have ok fundamentals too, but I didn't screen the ships for fundies in a while.

LOL, I think the golden road to riches is finding a personal system you can trade with that is consistent and work hard at it. Even with the swing trading if you play a few otcbb's or pinks, if you're careful, you can get a handful of homeruns, just have to be careful with the money management and emotions, try to make your accounts chug along, then get a little supplemental action off of a few big wins, at least, that's what I'm trying to do. I'm also a little cautious with the big market rallies in terms of timing. Been a good week, and it may be a good thing I slept in too much, as what I do have has been climbing but have some money on the sidelines. We'll see.

Mentor
    04-07-2010, 07:15 PM #26
    Killer volume and upside on SIRI today. I'm counting the C on the last dip below 0.80

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-08-2010, 01:12 PM #27
    QASP is still very much a good play.

This morning it was as low as .0121 and now it's .014. That's about a 15% rise in less than two hours.

I think the low was reached this morning and we're heading for some UP days on this one.

04-08-2010, 01:19 PM #28

I've sold off all my positions except for this one, even added 150K @.01. I think this does have a shot, atleast as good as any other. The personnel additions were a good sign, IMO, and looking at the progress with the actual product it doesn't seem like they are sitting on the duffs waiting for business to come to them. Then again, what do I know, I bought mglg.

Mentor
    04-08-2010, 01:53 PM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post

I've sold off all my positions except for this one, even added 150K @.01. I think this does have a shot, atleast as good as any other. The personnel additions were a good sign, IMO, and looking at the progress with the actual product it doesn't seem like they are sitting on the duffs waiting for business to come to them. Then again, what do I know, I bought mglg.
    I've been adding to BEHL also. I think it's a long term play just like QASP is.

Mentor
    04-08-2010, 04:08 PM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    QASP is still very much a good play.

This morning it was as low as .0121 and now it's .014. That's about a 15% rise in less than two hours.

I think the low was reached this morning and we're heading for some UP days on this one.
    It was a strong close for QASP today at .0144
    This is such easy money, it's like picking pockets!!!!!

Sprint also had a strong close today at 4.00, This has been a constant money maker for me as it bounces between 3.2 and 3.9 on a regular basis.