Page 2 of 5 1234 ...
    Mentor
    04-05-2010, 03:03 AM #11
    The NQ is gettin' close to 2000

Mentor
    04-05-2010, 09:02 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    lol, golden calf dragon. Well, sure things run on news, but if they do run on news, you get the candle, so you can wait to get in, or sometimes there is activity before the news with no warning and then you get the news - that's better, or there is the run on news expectation... the candles will tell you some of the time, they talk...

I liked KATX because the consolidation was on the high end of the last run. If there was a full retractment, I'm not up to buying in, unless it had flatlined or something is really up (like there was news).

When I said it was too risky for KATX by the time I saw it, it was because of the decent probability that it would reach as high as the previous peak and reverse, so now I wait to see if it can break it, rather than risk entry.

Anyway, it may be hocus pocus, but I like it. Keeps me out of trouble, lol. Now we see if it rebounds, but at this point, I'll be looking elsewhere, rebounds are tricky plays. My ticker list will be right back to where it was, I need to get out of NEP asap though, I'm down almost 8%, so that will be one less, then its off to swing trade mania again.

Anyway, these days, I don't use indicators, just price, then volume. Except save a few moving averages if applicable. I think price (including patterns/support/resistance (the latter of course includes moving averages, and volume is all the TA one needs to know.
    Speaking of Candles ... Wonder how he is doing these days.

KATX - This is one of those tricky, "don't want to be caught outside in the rain" when/if, something hits. For once in this young penny life I managed to get in very close to support so it tends to run about even or as now, a couple of nice shades of green higher. So I just have it parked. The anticipation is news on drilling starts, a possible JV (The hope\hype being Vale who interestingly is staked all around their claims, this alone could be ... whats another word for huge? I'll go with ... "Large"), they are also supposed to get listed on a foreign exchange at some point.

Timing. This is probably where the right TA would be more helpful. Taking profits and waiting for a dip to re-enter ... Wish I had done it with the great "Q" on the last good run, could have gotten my avg. way down.

At any rate, not adverse to getting out of some of these others sans that mentality (what kind of sentence is that?) - Even or to a small profit and I can scratch them off the list.

Julie, I knew it went without saying, but felt compelled nonetheless. It's funny, right now it's ... "cold" out here, in the 50's! Ended up working on a tile shower ... "repair" for the last 3 days and because it was so 'cold' the occupants had their heater running, almost constantly, boiling my brains out ... And they think I am nuts running around in a short sleeve shirt. Have to admit and even being native to Calif., 'we' don't have the foggiest idea of what cold is.

Jeff, awesome news ... I had a scare with a relative in similar circumstances last year. Suffice it to say, she is doing exceptionally well now.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-05-2010, 09:31 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Speaking of Candles ... Wonder how he is doing these days.

KATX - This is one of those tricky, "don't want to be caught outside in the rain" when/if, something hits. For once in this young penny life I managed to get in very close to support so it tends to run about even or as now, a couple of nice shades of green higher. So I just have it parked. The anticipation is news on drilling starts, a possible JV (The hope\hype being Vale who interestingly is staked all around their claims, this alone could be ... whats another word for huge? I'll go with ... "Large"), they are also supposed to get listed on a foreign exchange at some point.

Timing. This is probably where the right TA would be more helpful. Taking profits and waiting for a dip to re-enter ... Wish I had done it with the great "Q" on the last good run, could have gotten my avg. way down.

At any rate, not adverse to getting out of some of these others sans that mentality (what kind of sentence is that?) - Even or to a small profit and I can scratch them off the list.

Julie, I knew it went without saying, but felt compelled nonetheless. It's funny, right now it's ... "cold" out here, in the 50's! Ended up working on a tile shower ... "repair" for the last 3 days and because it was so 'cold' the occupants had their heater running, almost constantly, boiling my brains out ... And they think I am nuts running around in a short sleeve shirt. Have to admit and even being native to Calif., 'we' don't have the foggiest idea of what cold is.

Jeff, awesome news ... I had a scare with a relative in similar circumstances last year. Suffice it to say, she is doing exceptionally well now.
    The Candleman is doing very well!

I've sold off about half of my portfolio and took the money and invested in opening another candle shop here on the Outer Banks. So, I've been very busy over the last few months setting that up. And now the tourists are here on Spring Break and we're very busy pedaling candles, lotions, and bath salts to the weary Northerners.

As for stocks, I'm still playing with QASP. I feel very strongly that this is set to make a quick climb in the next 5 to 10 days. Also still swinging with Sprint. She keeps bouncing between 3.20 and 3.90. A lot of cash can be made trading between those points.

And for the weather report......
    It was the coldest, wettest, windiest winter I've ever endured here. But, finally on Easter Day we got above 70. And hopefully we'll stay that way for awhile!!!!!

Happy Spring to everyone!

04-06-2010, 01:27 AM #14

QASP...Arrrrgggg

Dr. Dave, LYG just closed over 4..are you coming in? The water seem s fine.

QASP…just jerked my chain again today…I mean..it just has that call that says it could jump up..but at the same time I see a lot of red flags…like huge dilution..but it seems to keep a somewhat decent price for a pinky. I mean..wow..this one is driving me crazy..but I did not appreciate the huge loss today..

I have been watching KATX for a while..but not sure..any ideas of what a good price point to jump in?

Candleman nice heads up on Sprint..I have totally paid no attention to this but now…I will keep an eye on it.

KOG is another one I have kept an eye on for swing trading. But since March it as exploded!!!

Mentor
    04-06-2010, 04:44 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Searcher View Post
    Dr. Dave, LYG just closed over 4..are you coming in? The water seem s fine.

QASP…just jerked my chain again today…I mean..it just has that call that says it could jump up..but at the same time I see a lot of red flags…like huge dilution..but it seems to keep a somewhat decent price for a pinky. I mean..wow..this one is driving me crazy..but I did not appreciate the huge loss today..

I have been watching KATX for a while..but not sure..any ideas of what a good price point to jump in?

Candleman nice heads up on Sprint..I have totally paid no attention to this but now…I will keep an eye on it.

KOG is another one I have kept an eye on for swing trading. But since March it as exploded!!!
    I've been having problems sleeping since I got sick, so I was going to stay up round the clock yesterday, but because I said that, I fell asleep around 5 am... lol. So I slept thru the day, woke up after market closed.

LYG - like the move on LYG, let's see where it is tomorrow.

KATX - the entry day was EOD on that first heavy vol candle about 4 days ago, assuming you read this tomorrow, with a first target to the old high, which it pretty much hit. From here, either a rebound off a 9-13 EMA might do, but that would mean watching it all day for a real reversal. If it starts to climb, I'm more inclined now to see if it makes a new high, so 0.095+ or so.

KOG - yeah that KOG, I kept seeing that plastered all over the web, but a lot of times, I just don't have luck with gas and mining stocks, except listed gold stocks. Not that it has passed $3, I'm weary of jumping in, but won't - had such a nice consolidation too. Watch it rocket to $4, lol.

Some others, I like the ACLS chart, a little late, see if it pulls back and rebounds.

AHC is in a nice channel, can try that when it's at a low point, just make sure it doesn't tick along the bottom of the line too long.

IEVM has been thinly traded until now, it took off, but could bounce ok or consolidate for next time.

BONT - looking for that to post a new high before getting in, it could just hit the prev peak and turn around.

CFI - nice turn around, but volume a little low

LBY - in a nice pennant - long or short depending on which way it breaks. I need a better short broker, keep meaning to sign up with sogo.

MGPI - lifting off, but it trades really thin, tomorrow morning could be a good day to get in that guy, don't like the thin volume much

NXST - also thin, but looking to bust $5

TUES - not sure what to make of this guy, but its running, maybe if it can make a new high.

CMS - looking for a new high on that one

HOC - again, not too great with the gas and oil

OKE - looks good, its natural gas

SCLN is bouncing off a support level

CHTP above $4

GOLD-
    Hmm... gold looks like it's heading north, or at least swinging that way. Look at the GDX, $HUI, and GLD... maybe look for GG, GSS, IAG, NAK, NSU to break from their little consolidations. Always watch what NEM does though, I think when it hit its previous high is when gold tanked.

Shipping-
    Haven't peeked at this in a while.. The $BDI is riding the old triple support and resistance at 3000.

The SHX is looking to hit a minor high point, and Dow Tran is riding 4400.

Can't tell if its frothy, or going to break out. I want to keep an eye on the NQ futures. I think when they hit the round number, there could be a pullback, so have to be careful.

Back to the subject, SEA the ETF is also at highs, and CAT busted out (not a shipping stock, but if things are being dug up to ship, they're part of it).

So to the stocks...

DRYS is in a huge symmetrical triangle, maybe I'll set an alert to see if it busts, I bet if it does, it'll rocket to near $10

EGLE looks good past $6

GLNG after $13

GNK possibly above $22, the line is kind of steep, but in november, it was too and really took off.

ISH the shipping leader has a higher low, so that's good

KEX about to break

Damn, that NMM is and has been just chugging along, pretty amazing.

PRGN looking good too

Lot of pent up energy in TOO too.

ok, enough already.

Marketwise, we're coming up to some key levels, so have to be quick and nimble.

Geez, look at the $RUT, that thing gonna hit 750?

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    04-06-2010, 11:21 AM #16
    Keep an eye on SPNG. It's back up to 4.5 cents and the volume has picked up. Lots of positive PR's from the company.

I own a lot of this and would love to see it live up to it's potential.

Chuck

04-06-2010, 02:31 PM #17
    Hey!!

Who played poker again?
    What's the best website to play for real money? and if you're new what would you play? tournaments or like regular games?

Mentor
    04-06-2010, 06:59 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Hey!!

Who played poker again?
    What's the best website to play for real money? and if you're new what would you play? tournaments or like regular games?
    Bassmaster, he's the poker player.

I asked him about it once, he said it would take 6 months to figure out whether you'd be a good player or not. Maybe not the best idea to play with real money in the beginning. He suggested some books and sites at one point, I can ask him again to see what he says. Like stocks, be careful in the beginning.

Mentor
    04-06-2010, 07:01 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Keep an eye on SPNG. It's back up to 4.5 cents and the volume has picked up. Lots of positive PR's from the company.

I own a lot of this and would love to see it live up to it's potential.

Chuck
    Yeah, if it can break 5 cents, I'm looking for the next resistance levels to be 8 and 10 cents. My stake is pretty damn small, so small I haven't bothered to call in for a sell. I can't sell it online yet.

04-06-2010, 07:37 PM #20
    lol yea i wasn't really careful with stocks it looked like it was a sure thing
    yea i'd assume i'd be bad at poker but it could be fun. i haven't decided yet if i'm going to try it or not yet.

have you tried it before?

i saw you can enter like double or nothing tournaments.
    ex. 10 pple - buy in:10$ = 5 winners at 20$ thats kind of neat.

Page 2 of 5 1234 ...