Page 5 of 5 ... 345
    04-13-2010, 11:53 PM #41
    John! Hey man, I'm still around...haven't posted much on either site but still in the game...

Mentor
    04-14-2010, 04:27 AM #42
    Stang - taxes still taking all my time, since my computer is down, lol. So charts will come soon.. glanced at the weekly, thumbs up there. Monthly a little weak, for the daily, just start gritting your teeth on a close below the 13 ema and/or 0.80.

That's it for now, I don't really swing trade this one, to my demise, so will look closely after the tax man is taken care of.

Mentor
    04-14-2010, 04:33 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I'll first just have to say, stang3O2 you bitch you come back over here and dont bother to say, HI.

Since I am on this thread I will just say this also DRYS is a loser. I told people to get out long ago because of their debt load. Next if you want to trade the shippers then that is fine but stick to the ones that wont make you go broke. DSX and NM. Next if you are in for the longer haul then that is also fine here are two that will better then the others DSX and NM. As for NMM that is just a shell game for NM.

Also a little piece of advise know your history and facts of these companies, if you are in for the trade dont get in anywhere near Oct., Nov., they take a hit then, due to it being just before the ore contracts being done, they usually finish them in Jan., Feb.
    Thanks for the info. I'm a pattern/ta/swing trader though, so if it moves ~4-9% against me, or shows a bad candle or anything else I consider bad, I'll be out... even if it moves straight sideways for a week I'll be out. I used to trade it in it's glory days from $86 on up. Made a few trades on it since it tanked too, but I surely won't be holding til Oct. Even if it chugs up, I'll probably be out in less than 3 weeks. But, I will duly note to not be buying in those months you mentioned unless there's some real momo or breakouts, thanks for the insight! $7.80 is the current target. I've traded a lot of the ships too, like DSX.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 04-14-2010 at 05:44 AM.

Mentor
    04-14-2010, 09:04 AM #44
    Hey guys (and gal) ...

Might check out IVOI ...

Been on a little run and released their 10K after-hours yesterday. It's a "Guru" pick, may be good for a double.

Candles, another outlet? That's great news!
    Dr. D - Can relate ... had my computer (HP) down for a couple days ... long story but I am going back to building my own, at least if it screws up I can beat myself up about it ...
    Stang ... Great to see you back ...

Bill = AWOL - Wheres the love?

Guru
    04-14-2010, 09:17 AM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'm a pattern/ta/swing trader though, so if it moves ~4-9% against me, or shows a bad candle or anything else I consider bad, I'll be out... even if it moves straight sideways for a week I'll be out. I used to trade it in it's glory days from $86 on up. Made a few trades on it since it tanked too, but I surely won't be holding til Oct. Even if it chugs up, I'll probably be out in less than 3 weeks. But, I will duly note to not be buying in those months you mentioned unless there's some real momo or breakouts, thanks for the insight! $7.80 is the current target. I've traded a lot of the ships too, like DSX.

No problem Dr. Dave. I understand what you are doing and just wanted to give you and others that do what you are a heads up. While for a longer trade those months are not to much to be concerned with, you short timers need to know it has almost always gone down huge in those months and then go up after the ore contracts are settled (depending on how much more they are paying for the ore) if they pay less dont expect a big jump because then shipping rates tend to go down and so follows the shipping stocks, DRYS more so then the rest because as you know they are heavy into the spot market.

I believe the best shipper will be DSX, I told people they would be doing just what they are now doing when they stopped giving a dividend. I said you watch what happens not only will they buy more ships but now that they have stoped their dividend, I believe they will use that money and watch for take over targets and move on them as they come into play.

As aside note: I got out of DRYS as soon as I heard that asswipe owner/CEO say if shareholders dont like what I am doing then they can sell their shares (he basically was using the companies funds as a slush fund (talk about shell game companies) he bought ships using DRYS funds for another new company his son owns. Any owner with that kind of mind set is not a company I would ever want to buy stock in. Dont get me wrong here he has every right to say it (he owns, I believe just over 50% of the company) but then dont blame investors for bailing on you, when you do say it (he said that when the PPS was at 140 and they where going to do a split (the split never happen) and we know where the PPS is today, sure the crash in the rates also did it but I am glad he said that before they did).

Guru
    04-14-2010, 09:22 AM #46
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    John! Hey man, I'm still around...haven't posted much on either site but still in the game...

OK, thats fine. It is just I have not seen you post in a while and then out of the blue here you are and not even a Hi. I thought you were pissed at me about the KOAT thing.

04-14-2010, 01:56 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    OK, thats fine. It is just I have not seen you post in a while and then out of the blue here you are and not even a Hi. I thought you were pissed at me about the KOAT thing.
    No not at all we're still friends but i'll let ya know if that changes lol

04-14-2010, 02:20 PM #48

Ivoi

Los T........

IVOI is moving nice and steady......I'm in on that one and added more today......looks like a good run has started slow and steady...with lots more to come.

A profitible company priced in the triple 0's?!?!?......WTF

Mentor
    04-15-2010, 09:09 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by doclogic View Post
    Los T........

IVOI is moving nice and steady......I'm in on that one and added more today......looks like a good run has started slow and steady...with lots more to come.

A profitible company priced in the triple 0's?!?!?......WTF
    I kept waiting for a retrace that never came ... It's likely to keep gaining some momentum now that there are so many eyes on it.

Mentor
    04-16-2010, 03:56 PM #50
    Nice market dump day huh, futures rallying, but I'm putting a little into commodities... look at the rally PAL had. I'm in at around noon and it's climbing.

Page 5 of 5 ... 345