Page 1 of 5 123 ...
    04-04-2010, 02:39 AM #1

Market Watch April 5 to April 16

Hello Everyone,
    I am new here..but what a fun group I have noticed..I have lurked here for some time.

Here are my positions and thoughts.

QASP I was in deep a few months back and got out and lost 4K. Just began to think it was dilution, dilution, dilution. Then in the last few weeks I have noticed some very positive PRs coming out.. I went back in..not quite as deeply. But it looks like dilution big time on Thursday...so I am so..see-sawing on this one. I will hold for a little while longer.

BEHL: I made a ton of money on this one way back..bought in at .0025 and sold at .05. I was very happy. Then bought back in at .035 thinking it would rebound...and...well still waiting. I think long term they will do well...but it might be a long time.

MGLG: Let's not talk about that one..went in knowing it was a gamble. It did not pay and I was out 5k. But...BEHL at the same time was going up..so it covered my losses..not that it really made me happy though.

ACAS: I have been in ACAS since the mid 3's and am doing very well....looking forward to some Divi's this summer. I believe this will continue to climb all summer.. perhaps reaching 7 or more.

AIB: looking at the 3 month chart I believe this is on a nice dip and will rebound as much as a dollar or more in the next 2 months. Take a look at its 3 month chart. Very intriguing.

LYG: Went into this one with some apprehension. Picked it up in the mid 3's and I think it will edge up this summer as well. It has already said that it believes that this year will be a profitable one.

IFSL: Sub-penny stock that looks real good...please tell me why this one is not going up...I have no idea... They are posting profits..yet it sits there like a dead fish at the bottom of the boat.

HIMX: This is an outstanding stock...No debt and solid profits along with dividends. I have swing traded this for the last two years with very good results. Watch for it to dip back in the high 2's. I think 2.85 would be a good purchase. I think it will continue to go up 2 steps back one for the rest of the year.

Well that should give you an idea of the stocks I am playing with currently. I will have more questions and discussions for you guys in the neat future. I look forward to having fun with all of you on the board.

Christian

Mentor
    04-04-2010, 07:22 AM #2
    Welcome Christian... looks like you have been lurking for a while.

I'm in the middle of looking at your tickers right now. I'm not into the top three. Regrading BEHL, I stopped by their old place one Sunday. I think it's likely a 3-4 person operation. They didn't even have a sign or anything, it was just a piece of property shared by a storage facility and what looked like a mechanics shop that went out of business.. but I guess that's how some companies start. MGLG I actually technically have, but I can't sell it, I don't even get a quote for it from my broker, lol. But anyway, I did learn a little about these pennies, so been trading a lot of OTCBB and some pennies when I see some technical event happen.

I wish you mentioned ACAS a few days ago, it had a nice setup. I hope it works out for you. It looks like it's in midboom phase, so a little risky to jump in now. Could pull back to $5 and perhaps make an entry point, but it's also on its third wave up I see. That LYG has what could be a nice gap to fill. If it clears $4, I may jump in with you if I don't tie my money up with other stuff. That HIMX if it pierces 3.20 or so with good volume is also a decent entry if it doesn't pull back.

04-04-2010, 10:03 AM #3
    Hi Christian.

Welcome!!
    Nice to see you posting. Yes, there is a awesome group here. Lots of
    knowledge, opinions, and good discussions. Great to add another
    voice!

Julie

Mentor
    04-04-2010, 10:40 AM #4
    Hi Julie ...

Saw the green light there and thought I would pop in ... The weather thing last week ... I was implying or rather commiserating with you, definitely not a dig ... And that is in part due to your very astute observation that we will soon be frying out here before long and whining incessantly about it!

Christian, welcome aboard! The QASP dilution, yes concerning and I am trying to find some evasive way of not using the word "but" ... It could be the good kind if it is going where some of us think it is going. The next couple of weeks should be pretty telling, especially if that loan gets finalized. (Edit: It dawned on me that you are probably well aware of all this already)

Dr.D,

Carry over from last weeks thread:

LT!!!!

That was the big white candle I was hoping you'd post about!!!!! On the 30th!!! Did you miss it during the trading day???? Next time, say "Dave here's the big white candle you were waiting for!!!" Ignore the charts, you're killing me, lol. Consolidation, big day on big volume, get in EOD... that's the plan!!!!!

Man, it's too risky now, now have to see if it breaks 0.095.

Look at my ticker list, it's empty, I'm READY!!!
    Very funny! I missed the candle, but did notice the double-back, inverted doji golden calf dragon, did you catch that? And the bollies are pinching off the blood supply like no tomorrow ...

I am up to my eyeballs in penny-speak and figure sooner or later I am going to have to get a grasp on some of this technical analysis. What I think holds me back most of the time is that by and large these pennies only move on news or "promotion" and even then ... Of course I make that statement while KATX is having a nice little run on the back of ... ? The "guru" might have helped ... I don't have the foggiest idea ...

Wow, you really cleaned up that list! I envy you, am chopping at the bit to narrow mine down (of course not everything is being shown in the sig here.) Really don't want to have more than a handful, 4 or 5 ... too spread out and too much money being hog-tied for extended periods.

04-04-2010, 12:40 PM #5
    Good morning LosTib,

I always take our kidding in good humor, in no way do I take
    offense. I enjoy our banter, hope you do too.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
    I've already started the feast. Just returned from my sisters
    house, had breakfast. First of 5 meals today. lol.

Happy Easter.

Julie

04-04-2010, 09:02 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock Searcher View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I am new here..but what a fun group I have noticed..I have lurked here for some time.

Here are my positions and thoughts.

QASP I was in deep a few months back and got out and lost 4K. Just began to think it was dilution, dilution, dilution. Then in the last few weeks I have noticed some very positive PRs coming out.. I went back in..not quite as deeply. But it looks like dilution big time on Thursday...so I am so..see-sawing on this one. I will hold for a little while longer.

BEHL: I made a ton of money on this one way back..bought in at .0025 and sold at .05. I was very happy. Then bought back in at .035 thinking it would rebound...and...well still waiting. I think long term they will do well...but it might be a long time.

MGLG: Let's not talk about that one..went in knowing it was a gamble. It did not pay and I was out 5k. But...BEHL at the same time was going up..so it covered my losses..not that it really made me happy though.

ACAS: I have been in ACAS since the mid 3's and am doing very well....looking forward to some Divi's this summer. I believe this will continue to climb all summer.. perhaps reaching 7 or more.

AIB: looking at the 3 month chart I believe this is on a nice dip and will rebound as much as a dollar or more in the next 2 months. Take a look at its 3 month chart. Very intriguing.

LYG: Went into this one with some apprehension. Picked it up in the mid 3's and I think it will edge up this summer as well. It has already said that it believes that this year will be a profitable one.

IFSL: Sub-penny stock that looks real good...please tell me why this one is not going up...I have no idea... They are posting profits..yet it sits there like a dead fish at the bottom of the boat.

HIMX: This is an outstanding stock...No debt and solid profits along with dividends. I have swing traded this for the last two years with very good results. Watch for it to dip back in the high 2's. I think 2.85 would be a good purchase. I think it will continue to go up 2 steps back one for the rest of the year.

Well that should give you an idea of the stocks I am playing with currently. I will have more questions and discussions for you guys in the neat future. I look forward to having fun with all of you on the board.

Christian

I have ifsl and and dumbfounded that this stock doesn't move. Everything I have read (DD) about them is solid. Then again, it's a penny stock and nothing surprises me (they just had financials audited, their debt free, they are getting ready to up-list, etc...) Any thoughts???

Mentor
    04-04-2010, 11:23 PM #7
    To All

Update on my daughter!

So far, seems to be hanging in there. We are getting her the help that she needs. We know that it is going to be a long, hard fought battle...so please keep Whitney is your prayers!

Julie...sent you a PM. Thank you for being here!

Jeff

Mentor
    04-05-2010, 02:48 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hi Julie ...

Saw the green light there and thought I would pop in ... The weather thing last week ... I was implying or rather commiserating with you, definitely not a dig ... And that is in part due to your very astute observation that we will soon be frying out here before long and whining incessantly about it!

Christian, welcome aboard! The QASP dilution, yes concerning and I am trying to find some evasive way of not using the word "but" ... It could be the good kind if it is going where some of us think it is going. The next couple of weeks should be pretty telling, especially if that loan gets finalized. (Edit: It dawned on me that you are probably well aware of all this already)

Dr.D,

Carry over from last weeks thread:

Very funny! I missed the candle, but did notice the double-back, inverted doji golden calf dragon, did you catch that? And the bollies are pinching off the blood supply like no tomorrow ...

I am up to my eyeballs in penny-speak and figure sooner or later I am going to have to get a grasp on some of this technical analysis. What I think holds me back most of the time is that by and large these pennies only move on news or "promotion" and even then ... Of course I make that statement while KATX is having a nice little run on the back of ... ? The "guru" might have helped ... I don't have the foggiest idea ...

Wow, you really cleaned up that list! I envy you, am chopping at the bit to narrow mine down (of course not everything is being shown in the sig here.) Really don't want to have more than a handful, 4 or 5 ... too spread out and too much money being hog-tied for extended periods.
    lol, golden calf dragon. Well, sure things run on news, but if they do run on news, you get the candle, so you can wait to get in, or sometimes there is activity before the news with no warning and then you get the news - that's better, or there is the run on news expectation... the candles will tell you some of the time, they talk...

I liked KATX because the consolidation was on the high end of the last run. If there was a full retractment, I'm not up to buying in, unless it had flatlined or something is really up (like there was news).

When I said it was too risky for KATX by the time I saw it, it was because of the decent probability that it would reach as high as the previous peak and reverse, so now I wait to see if it can break it, rather than risk entry.

Anyway, it may be hocus pocus, but I like it. Keeps me out of trouble, lol. Now we see if it rebounds, but at this point, I'll be looking elsewhere, rebounds are tricky plays. My ticker list will be right back to where it was, I need to get out of NEP asap though, I'm down almost 8%, so that will be one less, then its off to swing trade mania again.

Anyway, these days, I don't use indicators, just price, then volume. Except save a few moving averages if applicable. I think price (including patterns/support/resistance (the latter of course includes moving averages, and volume is all the TA one needs to know.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 04-05-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Mentor
    04-05-2010, 02:51 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    To All

Update on my daughter!

So far, seems to be hanging in there. We are getting her the help that she needs. We know that it is going to be a long, hard fought battle...so please keep Whitney is your prayers!

Julie...sent you a PM. Thank you for being here!

Jeff
    Hang in there bro, you're doing the right thing!

Mentor
    04-05-2010, 02:55 AM #10
    Well, Dr. Dave, since you asked.

Having Easter dinner with my family about 80 miles from where I live.
    Everybody brings food enough to feed a small army. Ham, sausage
    cheesy potatoes, baked beans, relish tray, deviled eggs, (mine) rolls,
    cake and pies. Oh, and can't forget chocolate. Good times.
    Spending the night, returning Monday.

What are you doing?

Julie
    Lol, I started laughing in the kitchen food line tonight at my GF's grandma's... exactly the same fare minus the sausage in the potatoes (must be a little CA influence there), lol. Even had the deviled eggs, too funny. I didn't take the time to explain why I was laughing, they just thought i was a weirdo.

Page 1 of 5 123 ...