03-25-2010, 10:28 AM #1

Billing issues?

New poster here, with questions about Sirius billing, and see if anyone else is having this problem. Last fall I lost my job. To save money for the necessary things, I called and canceled my Sirius account. I got a call back questioning why I canceled, and they were sorry to see me go, etc. Then they asked how they could keep me as a customer. I told them I liked my service, I just couldn't afford it right now. I was then offered 7 free months of service and a new radio, they would just have to create a new account for me. Apparently I could get 3 free months for signing up to a new account, and get more free time because I was a returning customer or something. Yes, it sounded too good to be true. I reminded him I was unemployed, and if I still was after 7 months, I would have to cancel the service. No problem he said.

Well here we are only 4 months after that time, and for 3 weeks I've been receiving e-mails saying my payment was due, and my service would be suspended. I tried calling them a couple times, but after 15 minutes wait on hold, I ended up hanging up. I'll be calling back again very soon.

Has anyone else had billing mistakes like this? I had lots of billing errors I had to spend time getting fixed back when I was originally a customer with my old account. I'm not really complaining about this- I still got 4 free months of service, and I'm not saying that they owe me anything. But I do question their honesty when I'm promised 7 free months, and I only got 4. In fact, if I were to go by the date of the original e-mails, it would make it only 3 months.

If I was only going to get 3 or 4 months of service, just tell me so. I still would have signed up, because I was expecting to be back at work by now. Don't bait me with a promise of 7 months, then only give me 3 or 4.

03-25-2010, 03:04 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by nhdiesel View Post
    New poster here, with questions about Sirius billing, and see if anyone else is having this problem. Last fall I lost my job. To save money for the necessary things, I called and canceled my Sirius account. I got a call back questioning why I canceled, and they were sorry to see me go, etc. Then they asked how they could keep me as a customer. I told them I liked my service, I just couldn't afford it right now. I was then offered 7 free months of service and a new radio, they would just have to create a new account for me. Apparently I could get 3 free months for signing up to a new account, and get more free time because I was a returning customer or something. Yes, it sounded too good to be true. I reminded him I was unemployed, and if I still was after 7 months, I would have to cancel the service. No problem he said.

Well here we are only 4 months after that time, and for 3 weeks I've been receiving e-mails saying my payment was due, and my service would be suspended. I tried calling them a couple times, but after 15 minutes wait on hold, I ended up hanging up. I'll be calling back again very soon.

Has anyone else had billing mistakes like this? I had lots of billing errors I had to spend time getting fixed back when I was originally a customer with my old account. I'm not really complaining about this- I still got 4 free months of service, and I'm not saying that they owe me anything. But I do question their honesty when I'm promised 7 free months, and I only got 4. In fact, if I were to go by the date of the original e-mails, it would make it only 3 months.

If I was only going to get 3 or 4 months of service, just tell me so. I still would have signed up, because I was expecting to be back at work by now. Don't bait me with a promise of 7 months, then only give me 3 or 4.

Hi Nhd,

Nothing to offer concerning your annoying, frustrating billing question.

Just wanted to welcome you to Sirius Buzz, home of a great group who's
    opinions, insight and knowledge are valued.

You will be a great addition. Keep posting!

Julie