Page 2 of 6 1234 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-23-2010, 12:35 PM #11

Thanks Tib....there's life in the room!

I'm sitting on my eggs waiting for them to hatch too. Don't have much to add other than a curiosity I discovered during a particularly painful period of penny stock boredom.

More than one of the pigs I've sunk my money into had, coincidentally, big runs in late july and august of last year. What are the chances that Qasp, Behl and IFSL all ran at the same time. I'm thinking it's rogue traders at the MM offices having fun while everyone's in the Hamptons for August break.

Am I crazy? Probably...but it made me feel better that there's a ray of hope I can recoup some this summer.

Holding....

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    There's life yet here!

Shot Bill an email, haven't heard anything back, hoping that he is just busy ...

I am desperately trying to apply that patience factor that was discussed a little while back ... Have a handful that I would be happy to just get close to even on .. Full disclosure;

SIRI - 1.00 something, shoulda, woulda ... But, not worried. Sold a few that breached the one year mark- Still holding 80% of the core.

KATX - Like this one. Junior exploration Co. Good CEO. The price has held very well for a number of weeks now. The guru dude, likes it this week for a move up.

MMUH - Ugh ... E-cig company. Stalled ... patience ... boredom ... apathy

CSLI - Super dark horse, but mainly just dark.

CCTC - Coal cleaning co. Some idiot on Yahoo should be doing jail time after manipulating an old SEC investigation letter, cutting and pasting CCTC's CEO in, changing the dates ... The company is all over it. Beyond that, they don't expect to be making any money any time soon but have some things in the pipeline ... news expected, etc. etc.

SKGO - A 'mini-bar' company- Got EPA approval yesterday for their gas pill ...

VCTY - Another 'mini-bar co. Waiting on 'merger' candidate.

QASP - Last but not least ... 1.4 mil pledge from Mr. Bradley to Mineseeker, acquired the maintenance company there at Herlong Airport - (Odd thing, the day this was announced I had been musing on them possibly acquiring something in their own backyard ...) - Still Cybil-like on this. Two acquisitions have been closed, yet no names, numbers ...

There it is .. a sea of red. (With a blotch of green)

Mentor
    03-24-2010, 03:29 AM #12
    Sweet! You guys are back alive, I've been swing trading like a maniac. Been doing some of the things like you are supposed to... monitoring the value of all of my accounts on a daily basis. The only thing that has been messing that up is that, I need to swing trade SIRI, as it's in my swing trade account. I have a trend account, which holds AAPL, so it's not interfering, but by holding SIRI it makes it hard to see on a daily, weekly, monthly basis how my swing trading has been. I need to now be more diligent about also booking all trades in a spread sheet. I have been updating my charts with notes which is good too. The only format I think a "traders" notebook would be that would work for me is an actual blog, as I can use tags to go back to certain things. I have the software picked out, just been too busy at work to find the right server, as I don't think I should use my work server, which is what I use here to post charts. Anyway, I took a hit at the end of last week, I was out of town for a meeting, and knew I'd be at the airport or in the air most of thursday, and also was busy with slow internet friday, by the time I was able to dump my stuff, I had a little pull back. But it's been pretty green as of the new year, as far as swing trading goes.

Anyway, most of my stuff is low priced listed stocks, and OTCBB, very few pinks.

I signed up for a ton of pink pumpers to see if I could swing trade those, but they are always a day late... obvious charts, but always a day late.

Need a bank of tickers though, as the pinks and some cheap OTCBB's can really make a decent run, and if you just cash out on the upswing, everything is usually good. I looked into brokers to short them, as that seems way way easier, but haven't done so yet. Thinking of sogotrade... has bad reviews in some aspects, but they have a lot of shorts available. TOS does too, but they charge an arm and a leg for the cheapies.

SIRI wise, I was looking for the ABC down on the minor scale swing... not the major... to hit near 0.80 and at least touch the 0.70's. Hopefully its done.. I haven't looked at the charts on that in detail whatsoever, was just waiting for a lower low and the touch to happen. I will say though, I am cashing out of that if we ever get another clear top and just swing it from there.

I had some good picks the other day, but not sure if you guys are into those slower OTCBB's and listed guys. It's kind of slow, but I'm just trying to march things up, but always good for a lead on a pinky - I like those booms.

I need to get a biotech/pharma list compiled, some of those things have been really really booming.

Anyway, any new tickers always appreciated.

Mentor
    03-24-2010, 03:51 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    Hey Dr. Dave, I'm stuck with the following positions with 55-75% losses. What would you do?

BRYN, KNDR, MGLG, VGPR
    Only you can make that decision my friend, but I had held onto some of the pennies, and regretted it, so when I decided at the end of last year to get out of them, I just ditched them as they crossed a price support line. Then just got into new stuff and made my money back, but there was a second part of the plan... that was if they did climb, I'd cut out on what I thought was a swing high, or perhaps if they were running a little up, to just get out if they closed below say the 9 or 13 ema depending on how they were running.

So for instance, if I were to give those guys a little more chance, the support line where I would sell at EOD for:

BRYN would be 0.10... unless I was more antsy, then it would be 0.13 or 0.15

KNDR I would have been out below 0.05, no need to go lower

MGLG, that's one that I technically still have, but it's so dead, I can't even trade it whatsoever. I have no hope for it. Right now, its a 100% loss for me... I don't think I could even switch it to another broker to sell, lol.

VGPR that line would be just above 0.005, if it closed at 0.005, I'd likely bail.

Now if I was itching to get out, any nice spike, I'd stay in until there was a reversal candle - anything red, black or stalled at a high.

But like I said, that's what I'd do, but you are the boss, and I'm not comfortable really saying you should do this or that, cause then if the thing spikes after you sell, it's more my fault. But, to answer your question, that's basically what i did.

Other here like Chuck would hold, but its also a function of portfolio and money management. Say you had put 25% of your holdings in each of those, and your plan is to hold until your even, with these things, I believe the math works out to you'd eventually go to zero (so far, for me I have a 100% loss in MGLG, and also 2 others from the past that are basically 99.9% losses, so if I had put in a pretty penny like 25%, you'd see where my account could potentially be). Now if you just played pennies on the side going in with 1-5% of your portfolio, and played other things, it wouldn't bring you down.. but the thing is, you'd also have to have the discipline to sell on the way up to actually book profits too - which he does.

Just my two cents, and remember, that's what I would do, but I'm not really recommending that's what you should do.

Mentor
    03-24-2010, 03:55 AM #14
    Tib - I like the KATX chart, haven't looked at all of yours. If it ever appears like it's having a solid white candle day (unless it closes below 0.046) - pipe in immediately, so I can get in before the close of the day.

Mentor
    03-24-2010, 04:00 AM #15
    Tib - also that CSLI - don't really like the chart per se, but today there was a massive change of shares... sometimes that signals some run up... so if that one looks like it's gonna post a solid white (provided it doesn't close below say 0.0029) send out a shout.

Mentor
    03-24-2010, 04:04 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    possible flag breakout tomorrow on C. bullish engulfing closing around resistance today.
    Yeah, that looks like it can still pick up and run tommorrow.

I"m at the margin zone at the moment, but I could switch out.

Glad to hear your still daytrading like a mad man. Looked like a couple of dark days for SIRI, hope you came out ok, I'm hoping that hit into the 0.70's was the minor C.

Mentor
    03-24-2010, 09:17 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Tib - I like the KATX chart, haven't looked at all of yours. If it ever appears like it's having a solid white candle day (unless it closes below 0.046) - pipe in immediately, so I can get in before the close of the day.
    Hey Dr. D, everybody ... So good to have some life back here I can't begin to tell you ... With things so dormant the draw ends up being over on the shrub of endless spin and mindless chatter, poor grammar and below, way below avg. I.Q ... I digress ...

Don't pay any attention to the charts to be honest, but there seems to be a lot of potential with what these guy's have staked. The biggest ... hope, is a JV with Vale, a huge mining operation, the caveat and association being that they have staked all around KAT's claims. Will post anything worthy as it comes along ...

I need to get a biotech/pharma list compiled, some of those things have been really really booming.
    Check $heffs board, under the ibox - He has a good list. This is one of the very few boards over there worth it's weight, being a premium board most of the crap is eliminated ...

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...?board_id=9413

CSLI - Yeah, very interesting yesterday that huge spike in volume. Most day's this thing can sit dormant for an hour before any movement at all. Maybe not so dark after all ...

Managed to get out of VCTY yesterday. Had a higher SP for awhile, avg. down a week or so ago and missed a little bump the same day that would have cleared me past commissions ... So I had it in mind that no matter what I would bail next chance I could. The shrub's picked up some news earlier in the day and it didn't do much, then with about 15 minutes before the close the same news got picked up by the mainstream, for instance Etrade, and it started running up ... It was moving up fast and I started second guessing, went back in to cancel my sell and it had already hit ... Happy to get it out but of course I am expecting it to take off again this morning ... Oh well, will see if it was the right move or not ...
    Last edited by Los Tiburones; 03-24-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Mentor
    03-24-2010, 09:29 PM #18
    To all

Bill is alive and well...just kicken back and working his butt off. Staying away for now...just too tired I guess!

He said to give all his LOVE...and Julietoo!

jeff

Mentor
    03-25-2010, 08:40 AM #19
    Thanks Jeff!

Good to hear that he is busy ...

The VCTY move turned out to be a dead cat bounce after all. Glad to be out with a small profit, might play in this sandbox again ...

The sleeper pick, CSLI - Seems to have a bit of new life and some possibilities for next week ...

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=48215448

More "Q" news out ...

CCTC- Possibilities, news out as well ...

03-25-2010, 02:28 PM #20
    How's everyone doing!! Been away for some time, not alot in the pot right now. Sold all my Siri at 1.04 except for about 1000 free shares just to play with. I sold all of the others @ a loss, qasp, bcle and the like. Like most others I'm sitting on 2.3mm of miggle that is pretty much a waste. I did keep the behl and added about 100k on the sub penny dip. I think they have alot going on but it will take some time to come to life, we shall see. I'm really upset I did not have the balls to buy 5K worth of Ford when it was 1.80, my wife said she was not comfortable with that, I obviously have not learned to just ignore her

Though not too busy in here I'm glad to see everyone is well!! Good luck to all.

Page 2 of 6 1234 ...