Page 4 of 5 ... 2345
    Mentor
    03-02-2010, 10:24 PM #31
    In the longer term sense... we are just in the quagmire (spelling? - like I care about spelling and grammar on a message board, also that was the name of the dog next door when I was in college) of 2003.
    That's funny! A friend of mine around the High School era had an interesting family with a very twisted sense of humor ... They had a 3 legged cat (That ruled the neighborhood cats BTW) named "Snapper", a spastic, nervous Taco Bell dog called "Louise" but by far my favorite was the dark as night, black cat, affectionately titled ...

"Frogman"

03-03-2010, 06:55 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    That's funny! A friend of mine around the High School era had an interesting family with a very twisted sense of humor ... They had a 3 legged cat (That ruled the neighborhood cats BTW) named "Snapper", a spastic, nervous Taco Bell dog called "Louise" but by far my favorite was the dark as night, black cat, affectionately titled ...

"Frogman"

Dear LosTib,

That is too funny! Thanks for the early morning laugh. Hope all
    is well, including the Focus.

Take care,
    Julie

Mentor
    03-03-2010, 07:24 PM #33
    Greg's getting the bounce - nice! Keep your trigger finger on.

Mentor
    03-03-2010, 07:26 PM #34
    These pharma's sure are touchy... look what I just got out of... today was a massacre, but follows history...

Mentor
    03-03-2010, 11:04 PM #35
    What are you guys doing? Counting your pennies? Let's get some money making picks up.

03-04-2010, 11:20 AM #36
    Dr. D--

I do have my finger on the trigger of ANX. Your post about doing TA just sums up my approach to buying a stock. In short, you are trying to predict the future. In order to do that, here's the input(s) I rely on to make the initial decision:
    1. I look at the Penny Stock Guru's site, read his picks. I look for one that has a compelling story, is a somewhat real company. The trick to using his recommendations is to GO BACK at least one week and see how his previous picks are doing.
    Usually, you can find that his timing was off, or see what truly happened (versus his prediction/recommendation).
    2. Go to The Shrub (and Google, etc.) to see what the overall feeling is of the lemmings. The word on the street, in other words. I get the overall sentiment here.
    3. Read the iBox on The Shrub to see share structure, etc.
    4. Look at the chart, at least going back one year. See how the stock has performed.

Wad all those up and see how you feel about the stock at that moment. If I'm still interested, I may go through all that one more time (a day later), and if there are no major red flags, I will make a buy.

I then immediately set a sell order for where I want to exit (in a perfect world).

For ANX, I set my sell at $.28 (remember that I bought in at $.18). To me, that's a decent gain for my money. If things flatten out, I'll accept less. If things get really hot, I may hold off for more.

Mentor
    03-05-2010, 06:36 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Dr. D--

I do have my finger on the trigger of ANX. Your post about doing TA just sums up my approach to buying a stock. In short, you are trying to predict the future. In order to do that, here's the input(s) I rely on to make the initial decision:
    1. I look at the Penny Stock Guru's site, read his picks. I look for one that has a compelling story, is a somewhat real company. The trick to using his recommendations is to GO BACK at least one week and see how his previous picks are doing.
    Usually, you can find that his timing was off, or see what truly happened (versus his prediction/recommendation).
    2. Go to The Shrub (and Google, etc.) to see what the overall feeling is of the lemmings. The word on the street, in other words. I get the overall sentiment here.
    3. Read the iBox on The Shrub to see share structure, etc.
    4. Look at the chart, at least going back one year. See how the stock has performed.

Wad all those up and see how you feel about the stock at that moment. If I'm still interested, I may go through all that one more time (a day later), and if there are no major red flags, I will make a buy.

I then immediately set a sell order for where I want to exit (in a perfect world).

For ANX, I set my sell at $.28 (remember that I bought in at $.18). To me, that's a decent gain for my money. If things flatten out, I'll accept less. If things get really hot, I may hold off for more.
    0.18 to 0.28 is awesome... I'd take that any day, you can see on those charts I posted where I bought and sold, and I'm totally happy with it. Looks like an indecision candle for today, lets see what it does tomorrow.

Mentor
    03-05-2010, 06:38 AM #38
    Bass -

I sure as f*** hope you bought PACR. Did you see that parabolic move. Next time, post stuff like that over here!!!! I looked at my account, I was originally in that thing at $2.19, lol.

Mentor
    03-05-2010, 08:23 AM #39
    BBI may be good near 0.40 in the a.m. could hit 0.50.

Mentor
    03-05-2010, 04:52 PM #40
    Crazy trading day, just did my last trade buying CADC @ 5.30

Page 4 of 5 ... 2345