Page 1 of 5 123 ...
    Guru
    03-01-2010, 12:26 AM #1

Market Watch Mar 1st - 8th 2010

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.

Mentor
    03-01-2010, 10:16 AM #2
    Hey Bill!

Thanks for starting off March with what hopes to be a bang ... Hope it is just sheer busyness that keeps you from dwelling with us degenerates down here.

Greg, have some thoughts about some of these plays and that particular association that I dare not mention lest I get a letter from them ...
    (For everybody else, please see last weeks thread)

One of the offshoots ... How can I do this with the least amount of tracking?

Go to their main site. (You know who, sounds like mini-bar)
    Then Corporate Profile
    Our Clients
    To the right, see SUBMENU
    Exposing Stock Bash___
    Scroll down mid-way
    (Be sure to come back and read Project to Protect ... But continue on down for now)
    Click link for See Identified ...
    From there, check out Chat About ...
    Lastly, read the disclaimer there at the bottom.

Classic and classy all at the same time!

If I had to put this into one overall sentiment it is strictly my opinion that these guys are masters of reverse psychology or at best, overzealous teenagers. They may be the Mighty Mouse of the penny-world for that matter.

I am longing for some intelligent conversation or at the very least someone who can string the alphabet into recognizable structures, generally interpreted as 'words'. Between the shrub and ... most of these offshoot's, it truly is the Wild Wild West, whats uncanny is they are using toy guns! ...

The experience vacillates somewhere between the willies and indigestion.

Disclaimer: I am not a bash ____ person\being\etc. Have not been compensated, am ambivalent to any assumed or related stocks, generally sarcastic but love everyone (especially lawyers!). All views are absolutely IMHO and reflect only the meekest of observation and conjecture. I have significant debts and have proven to be a very lousy stock picker. Currently my greatest asset is a beat down 87 Chevy with no heating capabilities, bad brakes, no shocks, a leaky front windshield, oil leaks, balding tires, sagging roof liner and broken passenger seat, amongst other selling points.
    Last edited by Los Tiburones; 03-01-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Spell checker changed asset into assert?

03-01-2010, 12:52 PM #3
    LT--
    I agree wholeheartedly. While Cinnabar (rhymes with...) may be a great company that does what they say they do, you must still keep them at arm's length through all this.
    Still, you cannot deny that playing the stock shells under their control can be lucrative.

It could also be a big loss. Just like all the other pinkies.

So far, I'm one-for-one with them. Only after reading a LOT on The Shrub (and elsewhere) would I jump in one of their other shells this week.

I *do* like this get-in-get-out mentality rather than "investing" and hoping something happens in the next 3-12 months. It's more like playing Blackjack, which I love.

Mentor
    03-01-2010, 04:37 PM #4
    LOL, gambling stocks looking good today. Is buying gamblings stocks actually a derivative? LVS, WYNN, MGM... I'm thinking of taking MPEL EOD

Mentor
    03-01-2010, 11:26 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    LOL, gambling stocks looking good today. Is buying gamblings stocks actually a derivative? LVS, WYNN, MGM... I'm thinking of taking MPEL EOD

you got me thinking of MPEL first thing tomorrow morning....thanx for the tip Dave...did you get in?

Mentor
    03-01-2010, 11:37 PM #6
    Yeah, I went in EOD, entry was 4.38. Seemed to hold the line toward the end of the day... little sell of in last 5 mins, but that's expected with the rise.

If you look at the chart, this is likely one of the ones I usually says has a "heartbeat" - meaning, it'll rise and make a minor high on good vol, then do a little pullback... then rise, do a little pullback. I went ahead and bought just in case it rallies pretty good, but I wouldn't doubt it rebounds off of $3.75-4 this week. It does have 3 solid bumps on good volume. Should make it to $5 no problem, hopefully higher. Sometimes these are good to just set a target to buy the following day about 1/3 - 2/3 down the big candle.

That could be an idea for XTXI - doesn't really have a hearbeat, but I bet we could catch the confirmation of a hammer at 8.25
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 03-01-2010 at 11:43 PM.

Mentor
    03-01-2010, 11:45 PM #7
    That CCTC that Greg was talking about looks like it's set up too. Better to have gone in EOD, but wasn't watching that one today. Could be good for the am. Looks like consolidation is in check, and had decent vol today.

Mentor
    03-01-2010, 11:47 PM #8
    xtxi looks great just a little too thin for my taste..

Mentor
    03-02-2010, 12:56 AM #9
    I'm posting some trade ideas here in a bit from a fundamental scan... I'll try to do it once a month, I figure having some fundamentals on your side helps the technicals. I'm still drawing lines.

Mentor
    03-02-2010, 01:22 AM #10
    Ok, here goes, if I didn't comment on a longer term chart, I may not have looked at it. Anyway, these are some charts from a screen I get once a month, but the screen is now 2 weeks old, and, the funny thing I noticed is that some of these got a pop after the screen came out, so I'll do it again here in 2 weeks... there are quite a few about to break out, or just did yesterday. I tried to mark quickly what I saw, but I'm tired, so not too much detail. There's something for everyone, some OTCBB, some listed stocks. Anyone sick of the penny rollercoaster could find something. But, it's all about how you manage your trades after you make them. I'm almost convinced you can go long or short anything and make your account grow if you stop out appropriately and let other things run. Also, there were a few that I didn't see anything at first glance, so they aren't marked - I look at a chart for only a few seconds - which is why I like TA... ADD you know.

Here's what I got so far:

Page 1 of 5 123 ...