Page 3 of 5 12345
    Guru
    03-01-2010, 09:06 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Hey Ben,
    Today was a hell of a bummer but i am not concerned. I didnt expect this big a drop, but then again nothing should surprise anyone with SXM. This stock has always been volatile and traded fiercely. I am looking to pick up more if it heads below .80
    You're probably better off shorting it. Big Ben may be correct; with this market sentiment, 68 is a grim reality. The F'ing NAB is out on Wall St. drinking Champagne, eating Filets and smoking fine cigars. Kudos to the NAB; Mel doesn't have the guns to take on this syndicate.

Legend
    03-01-2010, 09:57 PM #22
    So i gather then that you are shorting it?
    Thanks for the advice, but no thanks. Shorting is not part of my strategy.
    I will be looking to pick up more below .80 and if necessary below .7O.
    Should be interesting to see where it heads in the next weeks.

Mentor
    03-01-2010, 10:18 PM #23
    If that is your sentiment, then why not sell over-core here at $0.89 and buy-back at $0.79 or $0.69 with more shares added to your portfolio for free??

Volatility is your friend . . .
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-01-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Legend
    03-01-2010, 10:38 PM #24
    Is that what you are doing SR? If everyone knew this would absolutely happen wouldnt we all have sold at $1.13 or so? lol
    So If i wasnt clear, i am not quessing what WILL happen just saying what i will do if it happens.

Mentor
    03-01-2010, 11:20 PM #25
    Is that what you are doing SR? If everyone knew this would absolutely happen wouldnt we all have sold at $1.13 or so? lol
    So If i wasnt clear, i am not quessing what WILL happen just saying what i will do if it happens.
    Not taking a shot at you Lloyd . . . my only point is to illustrate that there is a way to play volatility with an "overcore" position, if one is so inclined . . . which will allow an investor to employ the knowledge they gain from scouring information at these various sites, regardless of price direction . . . I know that is not your preference.

And an obvious yes to your rhetorical question . . if we "absolutely" knew what would happen we would all have sold at $1.18 and would only buy-back at the next bottom which we would all know well in advance . . . but of course there are no "absolutes"

But what we do know with a fairly high degree of certainty is that the share price will ultimately be higher in the near term than where it closed today . . . so for those not inclined to sell and buyback, adding to your position here also takes advantage of today's volatility . . . as your "what if below $0.80" scenario may never actually happen, right?

So, no disrespect at all to your investing strategy intended . . . just trying to mop up some of the pessimism that I saw today

As you know, I do not daytrade . . . but I do maintain a small overcore to try and profit from the information gained here and at other sites . . . and yes, it does require some reading of the tea leaves and a little gut instinct! For me, today's trading activity is clearly about "technicals," is only temporary and has nothing at all to do with the fundamental metrics of the company.

And of course I do not preannounce my overcore trades or the subsequent result because, quite honestly, there is no way for anyone here to verify anything I say . . . so it is little more than hot-air!

DYODD
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 03-01-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Legend
    03-01-2010, 11:53 PM #26
    I didnt take your comments personally at all SR. The problem with posting sometimes is one really cant always decipher the exact tone of the comments. i was trying to be a little playful while explaining what i might be doing in the future with SXM. I appreciate your thoughts and your attempt to be helpful. You always make good points.

Guru
    03-02-2010, 09:41 AM #27
    So i gather then that you are shorting it?
    Thanks for the advice, but no thanks. Shorting is not part of my strategy.
    Should be interesting to see where it heads in the next weeks.
    No, I'm not shorting it. I don't even have a margin account lol. As the name implies, I'm long. Been that way for a long time too. I basically bought at 3.2 and 0.15 to average down. I may take your advice and pick up some shares at 80. The haters can't hold this down forever. At some point, RS or not, EPS will be good enough to attract even the most bearish; though a RS would help EPS as well as take some supply off the market (much needed).

03-02-2010, 10:30 AM #28
    Wow is anyone watching level 2 on siri, oh my small lots flying through, just got smacked, biggest position is at .82 200k. Craziness!

03-02-2010, 10:34 AM #29
    Buy and hold is lying in the middle of the ring with a bloody nose, man I am glad I started a position near a buck, sweet...Mel wins again. I have got to stop believing in this pig, I did say pig and its wings look tired!
    Big Ben

Guru
    03-02-2010, 10:34 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Wow is anyone watching level 2 on siri, oh my small lots flying through, just got smacked, biggest position is at .82 200k. Craziness!
    well, I watched the open. I suppose the good news is that "gaps always get filled" lol

Too many haters.