Page 1 of 11 123 ...
    Enthusiast
    02-15-2010, 09:56 AM #1

SIRIUS Weekly Thread Week of 02-15-2010

Good morning everyone! Yes, we did have a few inches of snow in Georgia but it's all gone now.. Over 50 degrees yesterday.

NASDAQ closed for President's Day today. We should see the quarterly report this week - maybe Wednesday.

So, will there be a takedown or not? We already have one guess for where we will close on Friday. Looks like candleman is calling not only the price, but the exact time - noon! OK, noon on Friday it is.. Here is where we stand right now:

candleman - .96
    SiriuslyLong - .90
    proactiv - .93

How 'bout you, dear reader??

Enthusiast
    02-15-2010, 10:05 AM #2
    And why don't we say that all predictions must be submitted by 4:00pm EST Wednesday 2/17? That way, they will all be in before the release of the report. Are you all good with that?

02-15-2010, 10:25 AM #3
    Buy the rumor, sell the report. Report should be good, considering Sirius is charging all kinds of new fees and royalties, good for them. This is what a super monopoly should do, flex their muscles, nobody can do a thing about it now. I think we will move up into the report and spike giving everyone a chance to make some quick cash, once the report is digested and the haters can shove the balance sheet in your face, with all the debt piled high, then it comes back down, under .9 again. What the run up will be I have no idea but it should make for some fireworks. I do know Jan autos is going to be a drag on Siri, and for that matter autos going forward are going to be drag. The only hope for siri growth is through the Blackberry/Apple channels. Autos will never return to 15m a year...the only reason we got to those kinds of number is from the wealth affect in housing...home equity..gone forever.

Seacrest
    Out!

Enthusiast
    02-15-2010, 11:20 AM #4
    Here is The Street's review of January auto sales..

DETROIT (TheStreet) -- January may have been positive for Ford(F Quote) and General Motors, but overall, the month's industry sales figures presented a bleak view of the economy.

Total industry sales totaled about 700,000 units, just 6% over sales of 658,603 units in January, 2009, the lowest month of the recession. Even worse, retail sales, a better measure of consumer sentiment, were down about 8% from the January 2009 levels. Ford and GM both benefited from higher fleet sales. A wide variety of factors contributed to the poor sales performance, including the Dec. 31 expiration of a new car sales tax deduction, bad winter weather in various parts of the country, the stock market's uneven performance and the Toyota(TM Quote) recall. While Toyota's problems may benefit other manufacturers in the long term, they seem to hurt everyone in the short term, due to the high level of confusion they created.

Nevertheless, the sales numbers clearly indicate that "consumer demand has not been fully repaired," said Jesse Toprak, auto industry analyst at TrueCar.com. "The worst may be over, but we're not going to go through a steady recovery. We will hit these speed bumps on the way."

Toprak said auto sales tend to correlate directly with stock market performance. In January, the Standard & Poor's 500 opened at 1,117, rose 3% to a high of 1,150 on Jan. 19 before retreating to end the month at 1074, down 4% -- a bad sign for the full year, if January is used as an indicator. Shortly after midday, the index stood at 1,072.

Mentor
    02-15-2010, 08:58 PM #5
    Pro

I'll take .975 for week ending sp.

Big Ben

Unfortunately...I think you might be right this time...Not sure if qtr/end of year #'s will be enough to push over the $1 mark...but all bets are off if Mel/Liberty pull some stuff out of their arse's.

JS

Enthusiast
    02-16-2010, 10:32 AM #6
    OK, so here is where we stand as of Tuesday morning, from high guess to low guess.

Big Ben - .975
    candleman - .96
    proactiv - .93
    SiriuslyLong - .90

Want to make this really interesting? Let's turn it into a contest. Here are the rules.
    -- Whoever is closest to the share price at noon on Friday wins. Doesn't matter if your guess is above or below the noon price - just the closest.
    -- If you want to change your guess, you must do so by Wednesday at 4:00pm EST.
    -- New contest participants are welcome. Just submit your entry to this thread before the Wednesday 4:00pm EST cutoff.

OK, how about the prize for the winner? Well, you see my icon, that little ten-sided house? That's my little house in Pavones, Costa Rica. It's named Casa Cielo - Sky House. I get down there from time to time to chill out - a beautiful country, a beautiful place. When I'm not there, I rent it out. So here's the deal.. Winner gets 5 days accomodations at the house, at no charge. (usually goes for $600/week). You are responsible for getting there (I can give you instructions). To see the house, go here:

http://www.pavonespointrealty.com/va...entral-pavones

How's that?

Enthusiast
    02-16-2010, 10:34 AM #7
    Sorry, made a mistake. Here are the latest, corrected guesses.

just sirius - .975
    candleman - .96
    proactiv - .93
    SiriuslyLong - .90

02-16-2010, 11:53 AM #8
    Count me in... I love Costa Rica My vote is for the mighty $1.00.

Enthusiast
    02-16-2010, 11:56 AM #9
    Kind of quiet in here today..

We hit a high of .98 already and we're sitting at .94 at his moment. Only a few pennies to go to break that magical dollar mark.

Have to run out and conduct some business. Back later this afternoon.

Enthusiast
    02-16-2010, 11:58 AM #10
    Yeah! The latest..

Skivail - 1.00
    just sirius - .975
    candleman - .96
    proactiv - .93
    SiriuslyLong - .90

Page 1 of 11 123 ...