Page 5 of 14 ... 34567 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-23-2010, 04:57 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Wise ass! You get my point. Stimulus money ain't funding ****ing pool pumps or candles. There is some "organic" growth in our economy. We are running several line 24/7.

Question to everyone, what is stimulus money funding?????
    I see it as working slowly. It's employing or keeping employed, local government workers like teachers, police and firefighters, street cleaners and the like. They might have lost jobs due to local governments not being able to run deficits and having tax revenue falling due to the recession. Those workers then can pay the Sirius bill, buy candles, and have new siding installed on the house. Then those workers will be able to shop, buy cars, take vacations etc. It's a big loop. The old story goes, you've got to spend money to make money. Once the private sector regains it's footing, tax revenue will rise and those jobs will be paid by local governments not the federal deficit. Stimulus money is also helping people pay for college and for road and bridge repair.

I think that is how it works.

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    02-23-2010, 05:03 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Siri is dropping like a bad habit, might not hold 1 today. I think Mel wants it to go under so he has to reverse and give away the rest of the company to Liberty.

Happy Holding folks! Losing paper profits does not really mean anything anyway, you did not really have anything to begin with.

Big Ben
    I think the above post says all that needs to be said about hypocrisy.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-23-2010, 05:03 PM #43
    Another nice strong close up 3 cents to 1.12!

It's nice to see these end of the session rallies. It makes for a much happier cocktail hour....

02-23-2010, 05:03 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Thanks Havakasha - where can I find what kind of jobs have been created?

Obviously, MI has been brutalized. There is this one industrial park in Plymouth, MI that has about 80% of the buildings for sale. Pathetic.
    CBO estimates that stimulus package has employed up to 2.1 million workers.

For months, conservatives have been claiming that the
    American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA, i.e. the stimulus) is a “boondoggle” that “failed” and did not create “one new job.” But last week, the New York Times’ David Leonhardt noted that economic research firms estimate that ARRA created or saved 1.6 to 1.8 million jobs. And today, the non-partisan Congressional Research Office placed the estimate even higher, saying that ARRA is responsible for up to 2.1 million jobs in the 4th quarter of last year:

CBO estimates that in the fourth quarter of calendar year 2009, ARRA added between 1.0 million and 2.1 million to the number of workers employed in the United States, and it increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by between 1.4 million and 3.0 million…CBO also estimates that real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) was 1.5 percent to 3.5 percent higher in the fourth quarter than would have been the case in the absence of ARRA.

CBO calculated that without the stimulus package, the unemployment rate would be up to 1.1 percent higher. It also said that unemployment is higher than analysts predicted after passage of the ARRA due to “greater-than-projected weakness in the underlying economy rather than lower-than-expected effects of ARRA.”

Research shows that various newspapers around the country have articles describing how the money has helped their community.

It is true that the result is uneven and in many cases apparently slow in coming. It is also true that whatever the current result, it would be much worse if nothing had been done. Ask those who are now working.
    Last edited by Atypical; 02-23-2010 at 05:07 PM.

02-23-2010, 05:09 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben @ Feb 23, 2010, 10:19 AM View Post
    Siri is dropping like a bad habit, might not hold 1 today. I think Mel wants it to go under so he has to reverse and give away the rest of the company to Liberty.

Happy Holding folks! Losing paper profits does not really mean anything anyway, you did not really have anything to begin with.

Big Ben

Last edited by voogru; 02-23-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Legend
    02-23-2010, 05:09 PM #46
    Right wing lies about the stimulus package are becoming more and more clear to everyone.

Ben now you understand why i said you were your own worst enemy.

"Siri is dropping like a bad habit. Might not hold 1 today. I think Mel wants it to go under so he has to reverse and give away the rest of the company to Liberty."
    Last edited by Havakasha; 02-23-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Guru
    02-23-2010, 05:10 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Another nice strong close up 3 cents to 1.12!

It's nice to see these end of the session rallies. It makes for a much happier cocktail hour....
    Nice? You are too soft spoken. That was a f'ing excellent close!!!

Legend
    02-23-2010, 05:11 PM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post

Very funny Voogru!

Guru
    02-23-2010, 05:11 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by voogru View Post

He who laughs last laughs best!! Good One. Well done!

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    02-23-2010, 05:15 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    CBO estimates that stimulus package has employed up to 2.1 million workers.

For months, conservatives have been claiming that the
    American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA, i.e. the stimulus) is a “boondoggle” that “failed” and did not create “one new job.” But last week, the New York Times’ David Leonhardt noted that economic research firms estimate that ARRA created or saved 1.6 to 1.8 million jobs. And today, the non-partisan Congressional Research Office placed the estimate even higher, saying that ARRA is responsible for up to 2.1 million jobs in the 4th quarter of last year:

CBO estimates that in the fourth quarter of calendar year 2009, ARRA added between 1.0 million and 2.1 million to the number of workers employed in the United States, and it increased the number of full-time-equivalent jobs by between 1.4 million and 3.0 million…CBO also estimates that real (inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) was 1.5 percent to 3.5 percent higher in the fourth quarter than would have been the case in the absence of ARRA.

CBO calculated that without the stimulus package, the unemployment rate would be up to 1.1 percent higher. It also said that unemployment is higher than analysts predicted after passage of the ARRA due to “greater-than-projected weakness in the underlying economy rather than lower-than-expected effects of ARRA.”

Research shows that various newspapers around the country have articles describing how the money has helped their community.

It is true that the result is uneven and in many cases apparently slow in coming. It is also true that whatever the current result, it would be much worse if nothing had been done. Ask those who are now working.
    God you are a twit the place you relie on to get your information has been cought time and time again in lies. Only a twit like yourself would trust them still.

Page 5 of 14 ... 34567 ...