Page 14 of 14 ... 4121314
    Mentor
    02-27-2010, 08:10 PM #131

on a lighter note . . .

here's a little conversation I overheard at KOAT on Friday:

Party-of-the-first-part: Good Morning Johnny

Party-of-the-second-part: Good Morning Sheree

Party-of-the-first-part: Did you take any profits Johnny at $1.18?

Party-of-the-second-part: No Sheree. Am waiting for $2.50 price target.

Party-of-the-first-part: So you left $72,000 on the table Johnny?

Party-of-the-second-part: Yes but at $2.50 I'll be a millionaire!!

Party-of-the-first-part: Is that important to you Johnny?

Party-of-the-second-part: Yes Sheree, it's the difference between a beach-house in Wildwood or a beach-house in North Wildwood; it's the difference between sitting at the bar in Flip-Flops and owning the bar. So when are you coming to Valley Forge?

Party-of-the-first-part:

Party-of-the-second-part: Sheree? Sheree??

Legend
    02-27-2010, 09:39 PM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Didn't hear what Greg Maffei said in the Liberty CC . . . but I would think he needs to get to the back of the line behind the Senior Secured Debt before any repurchase of the Preferred Shares is possible . . .

Now, alternatively, the restrictive covenants could, "at the discretion of the lender," be amended and the shares repurchased through a new debt offering . . . but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon; plus that only shifts the obligation to a new counter-party and accomplishes nothing organic on the balance sheet.

Moreover, the "Investment Agreement" and "Shareholder's Rights Plan" are separate documents but must be read collectively. They are explicit in that Liberty may NOT make a cash-tender offer to purchase all outstanding shares not beneficially owned by them prior to February 2011 . . . so BM's other article of behind-the-scenes doings and an imminent buy-out of Siri by Liberty is also flawed . . . but it was a good pump-piece to issue the day before a conference call; it just has no factual merit - lol

BM is kind of the "anti-Cramer/anti-the Street" . . . nothing wrong with that mind you . . . there is a place for that to counteract the daily fomenting that goes on . . . but readers need to be aware of the track record, much of which can be found in the archives of this site itself.

Wasn't too long ago that BM and Newman cooked-up a scenario in which "Sirius" was not responsible for the subsidiary debt of "XM" and that Mel would save the company by ingeniously bankrupting just "XM" . . . pretty funny stuff; I think he put that beaut out here in Nov/Dec 2008 or so
    Yes BM is prone to making some pretty outlandish statements which once proven incorrect are quickly followed by new ones. He is quite a character to say the least.

Legend
    02-27-2010, 09:40 PM #133
    here's a little conversation I overheard at KOAT on Friday:

Party-of-the-first-part: Good Morning Johnny

Party-of-the-second-part: Good Morning Sheree

Party-of-the-first-part: Did you take any profits Johnny at $1.18?

Party-of-the-second-part: No Sheree. Am waiting for $2.50 price target.

Party-of-the-first-part: So you left $72,000 on the table Johnny?

Party-of-the-second-part: Yes but at $2.50 I'll be a millionaire!!

Party-of-the-first-part: Is that important to you Johnny?

Party-of-the-second-part: Yes Sheree, it's the difference between a beach-house in Wildwood or a beach-house in North Wildwood; it's the difference between sitting at the bar in Flip-Flops and owning the bar. So when are you coming to Valley Forge?

Party-of-the-first-part:

Party-of-the-second-part: Sheree? Sheree??

Lol. Thats my Johnny!

Mentor
    02-28-2010, 12:39 AM #134
    SR

My point only was that maffei said that in the Liberty CC. I personally think that they are going to accumulate the remaining 9% that they are allow to under the agreement...and partner or lease content from Sirius to Worldspace to blow Ondas Media out of the water before they ever get off the ground in Europe. I believe that Sirius and Worldspace will be working together in one form or another.

Now please don't get me started on BM...he's a piece of work!

And all of this is just speculation on all of our parts...Makes for a good read though!

have a great w/e

Just Sirius

Didn't hear what Greg Maffei said in the Liberty CC . . . but I would think he needs to get to the back of the line behind the Senior Secured Debt before any repurchase of the Preferred Shares is possible . . .

Now, alternatively, the restrictive covenants could, "at the discretion of the lender," be amended and the shares repurchased through a new debt offering . . . but I wouldn't count on it anytime soon; plus that only shifts the obligation to a new counter-party and accomplishes nothing organic on the balance sheet.

Moreover, the "Investment Agreement" and "Shareholder's Rights Plan" are separate documents but must be read collectively. They are explicit in that Liberty may NOT make a cash-tender offer to purchase all outstanding shares not beneficially owned by them prior to February 2011 . . . so BM's other article of behind-the-scenes doings and an imminent buy-out of Siri by Liberty is also flawed . . . but it was a good pump-piece to issue the day before a conference call; it just has no factual merit - lol

BM is kind of the "anti-Cramer/anti-the Street" . . . nothing wrong with that mind you . . . there is a place for that to counteract the daily fomenting that goes on . . . but readers need to be aware of the track record, much of which can be found in the archives of this site itself.

Wasn't too long ago that BM and Newman cooked-up a scenario in which "Sirius" was not responsible for the subsidiary debt of "XM" and that Mel would save the company by ingeniously bankrupting just "XM" . . . pretty funny stuff; I think he put that beaut out here in Nov/Dec 2008 or so

Page 14 of 14 ... 4121314