Page 1 of 14 12311 ...
    Guru
    02-22-2010, 09:44 AM #1

SIRIUS Weekly Thread Week of 2/22/2010

Big week folks. Big week. For those of us who owned SIRI since the good old days, this rise in pps is refreshing. Looking forward to some GREAT news on Thursday. I'm up nicely on the 15 cent shares I bought last year, but not doing so well on those $2.95 shares. It's coming though.

For those of you who were smart enough to buy low, you may want to take Big Bens advice and take some profit. You never know what this market will do.

Over on Satwaves, Brandon wrote an article speculating that Liberty.... Well, I can't explain it. Check it out.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-22-2010, 10:01 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Big week folks. Big week. For those of us who owned SIRI since the good old days, this rise in pps is refreshing. Looking forward to some GREAT news on Thursday. I'm up nicely on the 15 cent shares I bought last year, but not doing so well on those $2.95 shares. It's coming though.

For those of you who were smart enough to buy low, you may want to take Big Bens advice and take some profit. You never know what this market will do.

Over on Satwaves, Brandon wrote an article speculating that Liberty.... Well, I can't explain it. Check it out.
    SL, this sure is a nice ride!!! I've made plenty of profit on everything that we bought this year. It'll take another buck to get me even with my holdings from a few years ago. But, this sure is beautiful!

02-22-2010, 10:29 AM #3
    Hello from the Gran Melia in beautiful Puerto Rico, vaca baby vaca. Good luck all....Brandons "the dolt" bank error in the amount of 1 million dollars...I won't ever forget that one Mr. Mathews...but I digress....his article was very interesting..this open should be pretty wild. I am one hour ahead but a little behind on my research...I just read all the latest info anything I missed?

Big Ben

02-22-2010, 10:44 AM #4
    Not the open I was looking for I thought with that amount of volume we would have seen 1.25 or better, not the case, losing steam, and the shorts are gaining steam. Dollar bet we finish red any takers?

The administrator just fixed my connection, was static needs to be dynamic...he is the man. Now I can go back out to the pool and drink liquor drinks all day and not miss a beat. Going to old San Juan and to do some gambling, craps is the best table game and Wheel of Fortune is the best slot, have fun all....not sure where everyone is but I can bet its colder there.

Big Ben,
    Buenas dias!

Enthusiast
    02-22-2010, 10:52 AM #5
    Good morning everyone. Yep, big week, and good luck to all.

Some SIRIUS bashing here:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sir...key-2010-02-19

I read all the comments this morning and came away with only one question, and that's why the delay in the earnings report? One person makes the point that a delay is rarely a good thing. I'm not so sure I agree with that.. What do you think about the delay in the report? Good or bad?

02-22-2010, 11:00 AM #6

Faz, fxp

Has anyone been adding short etfs to the portfolio? If you are look at FAZ, it shorts the banks, its trading around 18.18. Few things that could be cataysts...5 former treasury secs say to institute the Volker rules, regulation is never good, and today the credit card rules come into affect, who hands out credit...big and small banks. I picked of 250 shares on Friday for 18.75ish...its trending down hard as I type...18.09 and sinking...wait for a plateau and pick some off. Markets are flat and siri is trading sideways, I am going to pick some siri off at the days end, where ever it is...I don't want to miss CC action, who knows what the hell is going to happen! With the recent gain, its possible the good news is baked in the cake but we will see. Good luck
    Big Ben

FAZ has 17 handle...scream buy!

02-22-2010, 11:30 AM #7
    Proactive,

Not sure what to make of the article, little bit of both. Just because of uncertainty like that makes me like the sell button even more. Know one knows what to make of the conference call. Personally having a few subs, I feel siri is passing along costs about as good as possible, royalty fees and internet charging are both good moves on Mels part. One thing that never really gets mentioned is 18 million paying customers, thats second to Comcast, I think. I wish I could trust Mel, but I just don't. If Liberty buys siri out that could be good and bad, if your happy with 2$ bucks a share then good for you but alot of older longs need 3.5$ and up. If he sells out then then the stock will never get to 10$ or higher...which in my opinion is the win out. Here is a ?, what if Liberty fully dilutes the shares and then Mel institues a 50-1 reverse, then the shorts jump in and push this thing back down, it can happen and it would crush anyone who hasn't taken profits, I am not going through any reverse split with a large number of shares, ever again. Every reverse I have see has ended badly, except Priceline.com..blah blah.

Big Ben

Legend
    02-22-2010, 11:30 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Not the open I was looking for I thought with that amount of volume we would have seen 1.25 or better, not the case, losing steam, and the shorts are gaining steam. Dollar bet we finish red any takers?

The administrator just fixed my connection, was static needs to be dynamic...he is the man. Now I can go back out to the pool and drink liquor drinks all day and not miss a beat. Going to old San Juan and to do some gambling, craps is the best table game and Wheel of Fortune is the best slot, have fun all....not sure where everyone is but I can bet its colder there.

Big Ben,
    Buenas dias!
    So you expected the stock to go through $1.25 today (and then head back to .68? )
    Sure i will take the dollar bet on whether SXM ends in the red today. Big Ben you are disappointing me more and more these days with your wild swings on SXM. I would love to see a timeline of all your statements. Glad you are in Puerto Rico and having a good time. Just dont drink too much more liquor before you post again. lol.

Guru
    02-22-2010, 11:35 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    Good morning everyone. Yep, big week, and good luck to all.

Some SIRIUS bashing here:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sir...key-2010-02-19

I read all the comments this morning and came away with only one question, and that's why the delay in the earnings report? One person makes the point that a delay is rarely a good thing. I'm not so sure I agree with that.. What do you think about the delay in the report? Good or bad?

Wow - that is sirius bashing. Well, I guess you have to have yin and yang to keep balance, but I hope they have to eat crow.

Big Ben in Puerto Rico, good for you. I'm home in Michigan with 6" of fresh snow and two kids. Don't forget the sunscreen at the pool, and good luck tonight on the tables. I have a PS2 game to practce my "skills".

No red Ben. 30 MM shares already.

Delay in the earnings report? Needed more time to prep? We'll know for sure this time 3 days from now.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-22-2010, 12:16 PM #10
    I'm not too sure about your take on the banks Ben. I own a lot of big bank shares and they are all up today. New credit card rules mean more profit for the banks in the long run.

I'm hoping you think investing in banks is "dead money" just like you thought with SIRI. I love dead money, it pays me very well!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Has anyone been adding short etfs to the portfolio? If you are look at FAZ, it shorts the banks, its trading around 18.18. Few things that could be cataysts...5 former treasury secs say to institute the Volker rules, regulation is never good, and today the credit card rules come into affect, who hands out credit...big and small banks. I picked of 250 shares on Friday for 18.75ish...its trending down hard as I type...18.09 and sinking...wait for a plateau and pick some off. Markets are flat and siri is trading sideways, I am going to pick some siri off at the days end, where ever it is...I don't want to miss CC action, who knows what the hell is going to happen! With the recent gain, its possible the good news is baked in the cake but we will see. Good luck
    Big Ben

FAZ has 17 handle...scream buy!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ...