Page 7 of 14 ... 56789 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-24-2010, 03:12 PM #61
    We're holding pretty strong today on fairly good volume.

The question is, what will Thursday bring? In the past, we've enjoyed a good run up to the quarterly and then we just fall apart shortly afterward. This time, the good news was released a few weeks early. So, what should we expect?

Guru
    02-24-2010, 03:19 PM #62
    Big Ben the Bear - great tale!!! Sorry to laugh at your folly, but glad to hear you're feeling better. Yes, been there done that. Here's one pointer - stay away from "fresh" Florida Pompano in South Bend, IN in March LOL.

Looks like SIRI is holding tough. Volume is still pretty good. Should be an interesting day tomorrow.

I'm wondering if someone isn't proping it up??

Enthusiast
    02-24-2010, 03:53 PM #63
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    We're holding pretty strong today on fairly good volume.

The question is, what will Thursday bring? In the past, we've enjoyed a good run up to the quarterly and then we just fall apart shortly afterward. This time, the good news was released a few weeks early. So, what should we expect?
    That's the million dollar question.. Personally, I am guessing that we not see a sharp drop after Thursday, unlike the past 4 or five quarters. Much of the good news has already been released, so I think overall impact will be nuetral to slightly positive. But heck, what do I know?

Part of me is tempted to unload today, and part of me just wants to hold long. Most analysts are sticking with a -.02 estimate, which in the grand scheme of things for SIRI is not bad. Is it possible to break even? Or even report +.01? I wish I knew. Bit we'll soon find ouot, won't we.

In prior quarters I have sold on the run up and bought on the retreat. Is anyone planning to do this this quarter?

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-24-2010, 04:20 PM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    That's the million dollar question.. Personally, I am guessing that we not see a sharp drop after Thursday, unlike the past 4 or five quarters. Much of the good news has already been released, so I think overall impact will be nuetral to slightly positive. But heck, what do I know?

Part of me is tempted to unload today, and part of me just wants to hold long. Most analysts are sticking with a -.02 estimate, which in the grand scheme of things for SIRI is not bad. Is it possible to break even? Or even report +.01? I wish I knew. Bit we'll soon find ouot, won't we.

In prior quarters I have sold on the run up and bought on the retreat. Is anyone planning to do this this quarter?
    I'm just going to hold on. This one is just too close to dump and try to get back in again.

I look at it like this. We may show a profit for the first time ever. I think if we are even close to a profit, there is no reason to sell.

Enthusiast
    02-24-2010, 05:33 PM #65
    I think if we are even close to a profit, there is no reason to sell.
    OK, cm. Based on your opinion, I am holding and looking for a nice ride upward in the coming week.

Enthusiast
    02-24-2010, 05:34 PM #66
    I think if we are even close to a profit, there is no reason to sell.
    Just kidding, cm! I decided to hold long. I'm optimistic for the long haul with this one!

Enthusiast
    02-24-2010, 05:48 PM #67

Costa Rica Sky House Update

As you know, fellow poster crews1 was the winner of last week's contest. Just wanted you all to know that crews1 and I have spoken. He is a terrific fellow and he is making plans to travel to Sky House, along with his bride, and maybe another couple, later this year.

Congrats again to my new friend crews1!

Maybe we'll do the contest again later this year.

Go SIRI!

Legend
    02-24-2010, 06:00 PM #68
    Does anyone have a theory about whether the change in the uptick rule will affect the trading on SXM?

Securities And Exchange Commission just voted to curb short sales. Republican members opposed the change. Sorry Just Sirius but i couldnt resist posting that fact.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sec...dist=countdown

Mentor
    02-24-2010, 09:03 PM #69
    Big Ben

I feel for you my friend...word of advice...what-ever-you-do...do not sneeze at this point in time!

JS

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Yesterdays close was very impressive. It reminds me of the little train that could. The trend all day was down on ok volume, which usually can lead to a piling on affect, not the case yesterday. This little thing fought off some major pressure. I definitely should have picked off some at 1.06, I would have had those beauties on the sell block by 9:45am today. I am truly hoping the stock stays above the dollar mark for the 10 day period, this will give a real barometer on Mel and the board. As for the turn around I was not watching, unfortunately I had the Norwalk Virus and have had one of the worst nights of my life, no bullshit...body aches, liquid ass, 7 monster hurls, shivering with goose bumps all over, dry mouth, everything. I would not wish this on my enemies. Two nights ago one of the girls had it, up all night doing the ass to mouth trick on the toilet. By noon yesterday I had it, could not eat, girl friend giving me shit about being a loser and staying in the room, saying she won't come on vacation with me anymore...rudeness. By mid afternoon she was vomiting and had diahria, and the cramping and pains were outrageous. She apologized for being so inconsiderate. Everyone is feeling better but not 100% yet, if you ever get a gastro intestinal virus you'll know...it comes on at 100mph...it actual can be the death nail if you are elderly and have a weak immune system...we think it came from my girl friends old job, old folks home NHC.

I am only posting this stuff for your enjoyment. I know some will get a kick out of Big Ben the Bear laying in bed wishing for death...LOL.

I defiantly have to grab some shares before the CC, rather it be at 1.06 then 1.15 but hey beggers can't be choosers. Good luck today, god knows I need it.

Big Ben

PS I follow level two and trends, I can not predict buys coming in at the close and scooping up nice chucks of shares...hell nobody can.

Guru
    02-24-2010, 10:05 PM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Big Ben

I feel for you my friend...word of advice...what-ever-you-do...do not sneeze at this point in time!

JS
    Too funny! Good one. See all of you around 8:30 tomorrow. Here's to fantastic news (raise glass - gulp - hold of puking until tomorrow, or whenever you catch what Big Ben has LOL)

Page 7 of 14 ... 56789 ...