Legend
    02-19-2010, 03:59 PM #1

How Many Lies Do They Get to Tell?

Do these people have no shame? We are in real trouble in this country. Honest political debate about policy has taken a back seat to reckless personal attacks on our President.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/86508.html

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-19-2010, 04:16 PM #2
    I refer to these people as America Haters.

They aren't smart enough to tell comedy from reality. And then they repeat comedy statements as if they truly ARE reality.

They keep falling for this stuff and then they begin to hate more and more.

It's a shame that they aren't bright enough to engage in REAL political and governmental discussions and that they only have comedy routines to gain their information from.

What a shame.

Legend
    02-19-2010, 04:24 PM #3
    In this case we are talking about a Governor of Minnesota and a probable candidate for the Presidency.

They need to be held accountable for their lies and their hate.

02-19-2010, 04:37 PM #4

This Is A Post That Appears After The Article Above

Republicans: They support torture. They support invading foreign countries by spreading lies. They support the deconstruction of Social Security. They support cutting off federal support of medicare for states quarrenteeing (sic) children will die. They support a massive, trillion dollar defense budget at the same time. They support a free market that only exists for the wealthy. They support tax cuts for the wealthy and give lip service to the middle class. They are anti union when it was the unions that created a robust middle class to begin with. They want to inject their religion in all public places. They oppose health care reform of any kind. The list of sociopathic Republican tendencies is endless.

And another post...

CPAC is being co-sponsored by the John Birch Society.

That's all you need to know about the Republican Party.

Yep, that's what they are and what they want.
    Last edited by Atypical; 02-19-2010 at 04:41 PM.

02-19-2010, 06:48 PM #5

Always Be Tough. It's What's Right, You Betcha.

Bob Barr jeered at CPAC for saying waterboarding is torture.

Bob Barr jeered at CPAC for saying waterboarding is torture
    Republican congressman-turned-Libertarian Bob Barr got a chorus of jeers at the CPAC conference Friday when he declared that waterboarding is torture.

Debating the issue of whether terrorist suspects should be read Miranda rights and should have access to civilian courts, Barr argued that politicians are being allowed "to have their cake and eat it too" by choosing whether to place defendants in civilian courts or military tribunals. Barr said the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996 provided the framework for how to deal with terrorist suspects, and said government officials should stick to that law.

"Either we believe, as lawyers, as lawmakers and as citizens, that there is value in laws, that laws that are passed have meaning and have a purpose, or we dont," Barr said.

"But I don't think that we should go down the path of allowing our leaders to have their cake and eat it too. There's nothing magical about military tribunals, they don't have necessarily better lawyers than in the civilian sector. I think I have more faith in our US attorneys, who are non-political, than my colleagues on the other side of this debate do," Barr continued.

"We can try them, we should try them. That is precisely what out law provides for. And the first time we're faced with a situation we say, 'Oh, we want to have them to go to the military, let them torture them for a while.' It's not advanced interrogation techniques. Waterboarding is torture."

That comment was met with a smattering of applause and gasps among the audience at the conservative conference, but the applause was quickly drowned out by loud jeers.

By comparison, earlier in the debate, US House Rep. Dan Lundgren (R-CA) got an enthusiastic round of applause when he declared, "I support enhanced interrogation."

Barr served as a Republican House representative from Georgia from 1995 to 2003, before switching to the Libertarian Party in 2006. He was the Libertarian candidate for president in 2008. (end)

Yeah, I'm a good conservative so we should waterboard, kick them, rip their eyes out, mutilate them, not let them sleep, waterboard again, beat them without mercy...then deny them a lawyer and deny we ever touched them.

Oops, I got carried away. Sorry.